wooootles

MOC: Midtown Condominiums

I'll add my congratulations to the pile here. That is a stunning construction, woooootles - beautifully designed both inside and out. :thumbup:

There's nothing about it which looks incongruous - it's almost a scale model, yet also sits perfectly in minifig-scale. I found myself thinking, 'I'd love to live there!' (And not just because it's California :wink: ) :wub:

Thanks for the compliments guys :classic: Feels good and honored to be featured on Classic-Town again and the flattering comments :blush:

I do have a plan laid out for my eventual town setup, but since I work very slow-ish, it will probably change a few times before I get to that bridge. Here's my vision in mockup 1:8 scale. I do plan to put a park, preferably in front of Midtown Condo's.

plan.png

Thanks guys!

Edited by wooootles

Ah-ha! I was pretty sure you'd have a great layout already planned, and that definitely looks great. Enjoy the process - who cares if it's slow, what matters is that in the end it's all going to be more than worth it! :wink:

And excuse me for once again throwing around ideas that no one was actually looking for in the first place - but have you considered eventually adding monorail to this sweet layout of yours? :blush::grin:

This is absolutely stunning. I never expected it to have an interior too! Great work! I'm jealous of the amount of tiles you own.

Ah-ha! I was pretty sure you'd have a great layout already planned, and that definitely looks great. Enjoy the process - who cares if it's slow, what matters is that in the end it's all going to be more than worth it! :wink:

And excuse me for once again throwing around ideas that no one was actually looking for in the first place - but have you considered eventually adding monorail to this sweet layout of yours? :blush::grin:

Monorail never crossed my mind at all, but that would be nice wouldn't it? I only have 1 train set (blue/white passenger train) so I haven't dabbled much into trains/monorails :classic:

Cool, I have been thinking about building apratments exactly like that too. My inspiration for Midtown Condo's are more specifically from Walnut Creek and Concord (Norcal) and Glendale. I wanna go back to CA :laugh:

Thanks for the additional comments everyone!

WOW!!! That is so fantastic!!! Great job, woooties! :) Here in Seattle, WA, I see few mid-rise condo/apartment buildings look similar to that too. I'm excited to see your next projects. This layout you showed us is looking exciting!

Superb! You've certainly raised the bar with this impressive building.

Whoa, how did this thing get back up here? lol

But thanks guys, I suppose people still take an interest at my biggest MOC :blush:

I just have to say the ninja chef cracks me up. :laugh:

Amazing piece of work!

Ah, I think this comment is supposed to be about my other MOC :tongue: thanks though

Edited by wooootles

Ah, I think this comment is supposed to be about my other MOC :tongue: thanks though

Woops, I guess I got carried away on the flicker account. :laugh:

It all looks great and I can't wait to see it all come together!

These are looking very stylish and elegant. :thumbup: I can't wait until you combine this with your other MOCs to complete your city. It will be impressive alright. :classic: