On a scale of 1 to 5  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

I was just saying how much I'd like a torso wearing a wife beater. Looks like I'll be picking up at least one of this set, likely two. Great review!

I just bought this set. I noticed the staff has a notch at the top where you can fit a crystal, what a great touch!

As mentioned above, the set contains the suspender-wearing Mechanic (not sure his name). He reminds me a bit of the scruffy boat captain from Amazon Adventurer's River Expedition set (5976) and Mike from Mike's Swamp Boat (5912), for Adventurer fans.

I was just looking at this on Target's website, and according to them his name is Mac McLoud. Falls under the category of "things you can't unread."

A great review for a great set.

Ever since I saw the pics of the PQ-theme I've had a mini crush on this set. The motorcycle and the 3 minifigs are what makes this set worthwhile. Buy a few of them and combine the tan bricks (i.e the staff holder... thing) into some sort of rocky decoration or whatever. (:

I just got this set yesterday and although it isn't much it is pretty awesome. It has great essentials for an mummy army and offers some nice weapons with the rifle swords and dynamite. Great review, the set really is awesome and a good starter for the line. Best fig though has to be Jake Raines, love the ammo around his chest. This will definitely be a fun theme, I hope it continues and they expand it even more!

Thanks Brickster for this amazing review. I love motorcycle, i am going to built a fleet of motorcycle.

Thanks for the review. Personally, I kind of like the structure, but there's two things that I think should have changed. First, the 1/4 bley slopes at the base would look nice as 3/4 slopes. Second, the pin/rod to knock out the staff lokks pretty strange jutting so far out of the back. I say increase the price a couple dollars/euros, and as you said add a palm tree, better structure, and a map or something. I'm getting pretty sick of dynamite.

So there's my rant for you. :tongue: Even so, I'm probably still going to buy a few of this set for the 'figs.

-Santhor

Picked one up yesterday and I love it :wub: .....Think I'll pick up 2 more tomorrow with the BOGO.

Roob

Roob,

Be sure you read the coupon/flier very carefully. The BOGOs in our area have all excluded Pharaoh's Quest and Series 3 Minifigures :cry_sad: . I don't expect that will change until after Christmas.

Peter

This is a great set. And serves as a cheaper battle pack compared to the mummy battlepack. Minus the winged mummy. You get a motorcycle, adventurer and 2 mummies. And some extra bricks.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, its an excellent battlepack if you don't care about the mummy wings.

2x battle pack gets you 4 mummy soldiers, 2 winged mummies, and 2 coffins

3x golden staff guardians gets you 6 mummy soldiers, 3 adventurers, 3 motorcycles, and 3 golden staffs/rock formations

Edited by lego40k

04.jpg

That has to be one of the greatest torsos that TLG have produced in a long while!

Picked this up earlier & this torso would be ideal for a deadbeat Dad type figure or a Wino :thumbup:

I wonder if Lego had some sort of "premonition" about the civil "unrest" that is currently happening in Egypt right now, so they released these sets knowing that Egypt would be front and center in the news, and people would see Egypt Lego and pick it up subconsciously (Egypt on the brain, better buy something Egypt themed) It wouldn't surprise me if Lego was behind the whole uprising in Egypt just to sell these sets... just saying

I wonder if Lego had some sort of "premonition" about the civil "unrest" that is currently happening in Egypt right now, so they released these sets knowing that Egypt would be front and center in the news, and people would see Egypt Lego and pick it up subconsciously (Egypt on the brain, better buy something Egypt themed) It wouldn't surprise me if Lego was behind the whole uprising in Egypt just to sell these sets... just saying

!@Q%$&??!!! Are you serious???

That's so Lego-- always looking to turn the destructive loss of property and the wanton horror of anarchy into high profits... Dude, c'mon...

!@Q%$&??!!! Are you serious???

That's so Lego-- always looking to turn the destructive loss of property and the wanton horror of anarchy into high profits... Dude, c'mon...

I kinda figured that what I had written was so insanely crazy that it was obviously a "joke"... apparently I failed

I kinda figured that what I had written was so insanely crazy that it was obviously a "joke"... apparently I failed

not really, I definitely found humor in what you had to say :laugh:

Great review Brickster :thumbup: This is the the third review of these PQ sets and I must say I am a city guy but, now I'm going to pick one up. I think I'll start with this one, inexpensive and it has one of the vehicles from this theme I really want.

Very nice review. Grabbed the set as part of my recent shopping trip. I am absolutely in love with the new mummies. Might end up picking up another couple copies of the set just to have a small army of them. They're great, as is their equipment. The vintage-style motorcycle is glorious, too.