meat1980

Review: 7208 Fire Station

Has anybody noticed that the firetruck is not the typical 6-wide design?

The driver sits in the middle and there is hardly any space on his both sides. It's like an old classic town cabin.

There is also a chair for a co-driver in there! O.K, not side by side with the driver but behind him. Why not? :thumbup:

Smells like Teen Spirit Classic Town...

:wink:

Are we seeing a repeat of history here, or does TLG have a little extra dough with which to experiment? First the slew of licenses, and now the custom/little-used big parts, you'd think it was 2001 all over again.

This looks like a 4+ set. Everything looks incredibly <insert that tiresome argument>, especially the net piece, which could've been made from, say, a rope net and then the Technic hoses or something a little more creative.

The pneumatic hydrolics for the ladder is decent, but even the assembly for that doesn't look very LEGO to me. They need to put some bricks on it or something...

I don't subscribe to the idea of having lots of trans-blue everywhere. It's not modern or interesting to make everything see-through, and that comment applies to overall architecture too. I'd rather they made a fire station like this:

215590752_1198cdedaf.jpg

Would've prefered if it was for the modular town line (would've been the ideal fire station there), but I wouldn't mind it for city either.

Still, it'll probably end up being a decent refresh of the line. Kids would probably like it even if I don't.

Edit: A better picture on flickr/better formatting

Edited by Lord Admiral

Are we seeing a repeat of history here, or does TLG have a little extra dough with which to experiment? First the slew of licenses, and now the custom/little-used big parts, you'd think it was 2001 all over again.

This looks like a 4+ set. Everything looks incredibly <insert that tiresome argument>, especially the net piece, which could've been made from, say, a rope net and then the Technic hoses or something a little more creative.

The pneumatic hydrolics for the ladder is decent, but even the assembly for that doesn't look very LEGO to me. They need to put some bricks on it or something...

I don't subscribe to the idea of having lots of trans-blue everywhere. It's not modern or interesting to make everything see-through, and that comment applies to overall architecture too. I'd rather they made a fire station like this:

Would've prefered if it was for the modular town line (would've been the ideal fire station there), but I wouldn't mind it for city either.

Still, it'll probably end up being a decent refresh of the line. Kids would probably like it even if I don't.

Edit: A better picture on flickr/better formatting

*cough10197FireBrigadecough*

Looks almost exactly similar to the image you provided, too.

Edited by wooootles

215590752_1198cdedaf.jpg

-Wheeze-

3626694640_c25de4a306.jpg

One of the few sets I have been looking forward to. The firestruck looks great and 4x2 tiles are plastic drugs. :thumbup:

Great review for your first time :classic:

I like this set despite it being yet another fire station :laugh:

Is there anything on the flat screen TV in the room?

The new net part to rescue people who jump from the building from when its on fire is also interesting.

Cat being rescued from the the tree is classic too :grin:

Now the fire truck is really nice, the ladder mechanism is much better than the one in 2007 fire station. I happen to own the 07 fire station and I dislike the ladder mechanism. This one is a huge improvement :thumbup:

Thanks for the review!

I'm interested in the fire boat - are you going to do a review for it as well?

I may do one if my local TRU has them in stock later in the week. If I have time to write one, of course! :wink:

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

I know lego has made better fire stations. But hey new parts means new mocs.

Sorry 'Legofan1144' this new fire station is one of the best fire station designs ever I my opinion at least. The modular one 10197 is the best in that series.

And folks just remember City is actually designed for CHILDREN, so the colours, the trans-blues whatever follows what the toy manufacturers are making at the present time. Just look at Matchbox or Playmobile, the styling and colours seem to follow trends in kids toys.

Great Review meat1980! :thumbup:

Looks like a good set! :sweet:

I like the little catching net. :laugh:

It's nice to see that comparision pic of that really old set with this new one. :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the rest of the City 2010 sets!! :cry_happy:

Great job!

CommanderFox

Sorry 'Legofan1144' this new fire station is one of the best fire station designs ever I my opinion at least. The modular one 10197 is the best in that series.

And folks just remember City is actually designed for CHILDREN, so the colours, the trans-blues whatever follows what the toy manufacturers are making at the present time. Just look at Matchbox or Playmobile, the styling and colours seem to follow trends in kids toys.

I know what you mean. I use to collect hotwheels before Lego's. i was attracted by the designs

but I'm not a kid anymore so im an afol. i collect Lego star wars.

Yup, two times two of them.

In which case, I believe I'm gonna have to BL a multitude of them. It's nice to see that piece in a new color.

I don't understand why there needs to be eight numbered bags (most of which seem very empty), though. It looks like only four would be needed.

Well, if you are more than 1 builder and like to build together, its pretty handy actually!