Konrade

What's your latest acquisition?

I just bought my second MMV. Exciting to have another set of this for buidling (I'm just about to start getting into MOC building). Also got the Kingdom's Chess set for the minifigs (Seemed like a cheap way to get a heap of army figs).

Got all the LOTR sets. Not sure if I'll get any second sets here as I've also bought all the superhero sets as well (and am saving up for the hobbit sets).

The monster hunter castle does look like a nice castle set (ignoring the theme).

Tempted by a second Kingdom's Joust but haven't secured approval from the wife yet :)

Just got my Elrond fig in the mail today! He is amazing! Makes me really excited for more elves from the Hobbit sets!

At Ebay, I caught me another 2 Mines of Moria at 22€ each (without the figs, which I don't need multiples from anyway). Considering that this makes 44€ for ~1400 parts that almost all are really useful for MOCing, I think that's a pretty good deal.

Just picked up Mill Village Raid (7189) for HALF PRICE from my local toyshop! :grin:

I will go back next week adn pick up Kings Carraige Ambush (7188) half price, and Mines of Moria 20% off!

Win :laugh:

I just received 4 items I won in online auctions. Although I did not win 7037 Tower Raid, which was the set I wanted the most, I did get the following 4 sets all new and unopened:

8821 Rogue Knight Battleship

250px-8821-1.jpg

7038 Troll Assault Wagon

250px-Lego-castle-7038-troll-assault-wagon-02.jpg

4752 Professor Lupin's Classroom

250px-4752-1-1.jpg

4753 Sirius Black's Escape

250px-4753-1-1.jpg

Though I only got the Harry Potter sets to divide postage costs, and they are meant for re-sale.

My second Kingdoms Joust set. I'd been eying for a while now and figured I might as well go get it today - what with free holiday set and Black Friday scratch cards and all - and to my pleasant surprise saw it was 20% off. Got it (and an extra creator set just to fill the 100 dollars mark xD) at an additional 10% off too, thanks to the scratch cards.

All in all a good day : )

I bought MMV last week and a third Uruk Hai Army this week.

MMW was a very long but fun build. Too bad it did not have the numbered bags I have been used to since coming back to LEGO this year. For the Uruk Hai Army, I did not do that build this time. I just sorted the pieces into my collection.

I also bought a Guggenheim and two LEGO Friends sets as Christmas gifts.

4x 30212 Mirkwood Elf polybags. May go back for more, they had a lot.

Great finds there. Where did you get those from? Those Mirkwood elves are stunning.

I got 21 Mirkwood Elf polybags, 2x An Unexpected Gathering, 2x Attack of the Mirkwood Spiders, and 2x Riddles for the Ring sets last week.

Great finds there. Where did you get those from? Those Mirkwood elves are stunning.

My local TRU. Just saw them for the first time this last week. Been checking a few times since hearing of them.

I got 21 Mirkwood Elf polybags, 2x An Unexpected Gathering, 2x Attack of the Mirkwood Spiders, and 2x Riddles for the Ring sets last week.

Whoa. :oh3: going all out.

Do you have any pics? you have said you have alooot of things... are they for resale or are you army building?

Do you have any pics? you have said you have alooot of things... are they for resale or are you army building?

Strictly army building. I posted some pics awhile back of my LotR armies in the LotR army picture thread. I will post new pics of my LotR armies there, as well as my Mirkwood Elves later this week. I have only opened a few so far as I haven't had time to open the rest. I'm also waiting on my online orders still. When I get those and open everything I will post the new pics.

Edited by Deathleech

Got my online TRU mirkwood elves polybags in the mail and picked up a Mirkwood Spider set at my local Walmart today. TRU trip this evening (they haven't had any of the Hobbit sets yet and hope to pick up a couple more polybags!)

Strictly army building. I posted some pics awhile back of my LotR armies in the LotR army picture thread. I will post new pics of my LotR armies there, as well as my Mirkwood Elves later this week. I have only opened a few so far as I haven't had time to open the rest. I'm also waiting on my online orders still. When I get those and open everything I will post the new pics.

Oh yea lol, I forgot you posted right after me...

I have been on a LOTR kick lately, so I bricklinked some more Rohan soldiers and horses, weapons, shields..

I also bought about 8 more Mirkwood Elf archer from TRU. They have BOGO 50% so that helped a little bit, saved about 8-10 dollars. They had all of the Hobbit sets (other than the exclusive) that are also on the BOGO sale, but with their mark-up you don't really save anything unfortunately. So I will continue to wait until I see an awesome sale of those sets.

They had all of the Hobbit sets (other than the exclusive) that are also on the BOGO sale, but with their mark-up you don't really save anything unfortunately. So I will continue to wait until I see an awesome sale of those sets.

It depends on the set and what you buy with it. Some sets you literally don't save anything at all, even with the BOGO 50% off sale. Take the Riddles for the Ring set as an example. That set is normally $9.99 MSRP and TRU has it for $12.99. If you buy two with the sale you are getting them both combined for $19.50 ($13 + 6.50). Normal MSRP for 2 without any sale would be 20 bucks.. hardly a savings at all. Other sets are much better though. The Goblin King Battle is $115 at TRU and half of that is $57.5. For two of them you are only paying $172.50, which is 17.5 bucks under MSRP, or 9% off. The Unexpected Gathering is 15% off if you buy two at TRU. The percent off ranges anywhere from 1-20% off, it all depends what combination you go with.

True, it always depends on what set you go with. I will want a much higher discount than that (similar to what B&N had earlier this summer). If I can be so lucky to see that again.