Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #30: Ambassadors to Dastan

Everyone! Attack Lord Lucan front row! We'll kill him, and then any left overs will switch to Sir Loren, I can handle the free hit with my sentinel."

Hunter's Miss is Aim, and due to Marking the Favored Skrall should deal 60 damage to Loren.

Atramor merely grins as the featureless face underneath the Chaos Beast's helmet emits an unearthly glow, and he focuses his attention on Chaos Beast C from the front row.

"Focus on C this round, B will turn his free hit on his own ally if he's untargeted. Also, Alexandre, XX needs to be targeted or else he'll take Septrine and escape."

Edited by CallMePie

Hunter's Miss is Aim, and due to Marking the Favored Skrall should deal 60 damage to Loren.

"Focus on C this round, B will turn his free hit on his own ally if he's untargeted. Also, Alexandre, XX needs to be targeted or else he'll take Septrine and escape."

QM Note: Oh. :wacko: I always thought Hunters didn't have aim... weird. And just saying, Chaos Beast B won't deal any free hits at all since it is paralyzed.

"Oh, wait...Damn it Ella, you should've run when ya' had the chance. Arthur, can you target Chaos Beast B? You deal the least damage and have the least health. We can't risk it running off with Ella, though he'll succumb to the poison in a round anyway."

Edited by CallMePie

IC: De'kra glances at the weird knight, at the least glad that the sentinel position has been engaged. "Loren has prisoner too," pointed out the echo, "so he must not be allow to move either. I will fight him just in case all attacks on Lucan fail. Hopefully attacks will succeed though."

The echo leapt to the front with the others, Kapura radiating in his hand.

Xander was locked in battle with Lucan, repeating his attack from the front row.

I don't think you calculated the doubled hit on XX, as he's weak to water?

Growling a Titaanian war-cry learned from the warrior clerics who raised him, Tarn smashed the enemies in front of him with Halbaerend, before locking eyes on XX racing at him from the front row, battle axe held high.

I don't think you calculated the doubled hit on XX, as he's weak to water?

QM Note: Right, I forgot about his fire type. Fixed.

Nikolai took another stab at XX, but the annoyed assassin grabbed his spear, and pulled the Dastanese commander closer. With a swift movement of his hand, he knocked Nikolai out. "Pathetic..."

The throne room was a mess.

Destroyed furniture, plaster blasted off the walls, a crater in the middle where someone had let off one of those infernal bombs. The parts of many of the mechanical monstrosities scattered about and the bodies of men in Lion surcoats clutching broken weaponry.

Nerwen skidded to a halt in front of a body masked by a black cloak. Rolling him over she was relieved to find that, though faint, Thothwick still breathed.

Nerwen gently pours a phoenix essence down Thothwick's throat

Immediately she sees a difference, his breathing steadies, deepens and his hand flexes.

Orang Pendek bless she sighed

Thothwick! The battle has moved on and is nearly over. If you hurry you can still strike a blow in revenge. I will continue on to Galen.

In the chaos of the entrance corridor, Denarii exulted at the air under her wings. Skrall had reminded her what she was. She was Rito. Powerful at hunting, defending her nest-mates with her bow, her knife and the sweep of her wings.

As Nyx attacked Denarii saw the bomb maker reach back ready to throw a bomb. A flick of her wings knocked him off balance and the plucky spider distracted him from trying again. Lord Lucan, watching this, mistimed his swing on Count Knyghton. Denarii smirked and tipped a wing in salute to Nyx before pulling out her stone knife. Keen to do some damage,

Denarii swoops in with her stone knife from the front row at Lord Lucan.

Ready or not, here I come!

Edited by Chromeknight

As Denarii shot to the sky, Alexandre readied himself for the assult to come, mean while Skrall held his Greatsword at the ready and wondered how such a heavy weapon could slow down on its downward swing. Not bothering to think very deeply about it he shouted over to Isabella, "Ms. Toboso, why don't ya see if ya can help out those in the eastern hallway."

Noticing Sarick's rather low supply of Ether, Luke removed his tonic and use it upon Sarick from the back row.

Battle Order:

Nerwen

Thothwick

Cronk

Atramor

Arthur

Alexandre

Skrall

Nyx

Edgar

Tarn

Xander

De'Kra

Sarick

Count Knythton

Luke

Isabella

"Right. Sorry if I've been incommunicative, I've been...thinking." As the fight against the beasts of Zoot--no, of Wren, he thought--raged on, a lull in the combat gave Arthur a moment to glance into the South Hall, filled with the bodies of fallen Rogue Lions. He surveyed the carnage...perhaps it was the bond Vipera had forged between them all, or perhaps it was De'kra's song, but whatever the cause, something stirred within him, a piece of the larger puzzle falling into place. "I did this," he said softly, the words nonetheless reaching to all the other Heroes, thanks to Vipera. He shook his head, in an almost amused fashion. "So be it," he added casually, his previous emotion all but erased. He returned his attention to Chaos Beast B, casting an Ice Spell at it from the Back Row.

As he released his magicks, Arthur surveyed the team of Heroes in the East Hall. It felt...right. "We make a pretty badass team, don't we?" he said with a chuckle. "We should do this again sometime." As he turned to Atramor, Arthur sensed a strange disturbance from the Witch. "Atramor, you seem weakened for some reason. Would you mind explaining why?"

"Aye, we're all a pretty badass group. As for my...er, weakness, I offered most of my strength in exchange for some answers from Wren, and lost an even greater portion 'cuz of some kinda 'drink of Zoot'. Not in years of drinkin' have I tasted such a...twisted brew."

"Aye, we're all a pretty badass group. As for my...er, weakness, I offered most of my strength in exchange for some answers from Wren, and lost an even greater portion 'cuz of some kinda 'drink of Zoot'. Not in years of drinkin' have I tasted such a...twisted brew."

"You lucky wolf! I'd give quite a bit for a chance to spend some time with--and get some answers from--the Lady Wren, her mysteries are most...intriguing."

"By any chance, would you care to share your answers? I know, from my own meeting with her, that she came here simply to help two people--do you have any clue who they would be? And have you any idea what interest she would have in Ella?"

"'Course."

Atramor eyes Wren with disgust, McCafferey with interest, and while the former sits across from the witch, the chicken settles herself in the middle of the table.

1. Do you enjoy your relationship with the assassins?

2. Do you really give a damn about Mallelio?

3. Is your purpose in Dastan at least mostly for chaotic reasons?

4. Are you currently allying with the rogue Lion Knights?

5. Do you plan to betray the rogue Lion Knights?

6. Do you plan to betray the assassins?

7. Do you want the Chimera to be released upon these people?

8. Is your goal to wipe out the Dastan Empire?

9. Are you a stout follower of Zoot?

10. Do you honestly want Heroica to be destroyed?

11. Are all of your answers as accurate as they could possibly be?

DSCN0048-1.jpg

"Let's get on with it, then. I do enjoy my relationship with the assassins, greatly. I enjoy my relationships with everyone, hero. Every single person in the world has so many quirks and exciting secrets. How many people know about your Chicken? Myself, Ella, the Dragons have an idea, as do the Angels from your hall, Finnegan perhaps... that's such an exciting twist. So yes, the assassins all delight me."

"Mallelio? No, no, I'm afraid I don't 'give a damn' about him. I'm sorry. He's just not important in the grand scheme of things. He's already done all he needs to do as far as I'm concerned."

"Aren't all my purposes chaotic? Hahahaha. No, dearest, I'll be fair, never fear," Wren coos. "You've clearly read up on me. In the Arena, in Haddon, I was collecting chaos, not creating it, you lovelies do that on your own, but following it and harvesting it, yes. Dastan is indeed different. Felton knows that. You know that now too. I have more than enough Chaos. I need some other ingredients now."

"The Rogue Lion Knights? Betray them? Heavens no, I don't 'give a damn' about them either. Probably even less than I 'give a damn' about Mallelio. They and I won't cross paths I don't think. Even Lyons, who is here to assist the assassins thanks to Sir Loren's kindness won't effect me at all. I doubt we'll ever see each other, he mostly answers to Sphinx and U'Vires."

"Ah... the question of betrayal. That is a good one. It depends on what you mean by betrayal. I have no intention to prevent the assassins from doing what they wish to do... for the most part. Their over-all goal as assassins doesn't bother me at all. I am assisting them when they ask, as they're doing the same for me. So, if that's what you mean by betrayal, by turning on their over-all goal and stopping it, I have no intention of that."

"The Chimera." Wren leans in closely. "There are some things that even I must respect, my dear. Butt the question... do I want to see it ravage these people. No. I do not. You heroes seem to forget I have a goal. I am not a maniac." She laughs wickedly. "There are some things I do not even wish. The Chimera... she does not fit into my plan."

"Dastan destroyed?! No, not at all Atramor. Not even slightly. I don't think I could if I wanted to. Dastan is an old and powerful empire, I won't pretend it isn't. And as a follower of some of the oldest magics, it has been a resource to me multiple times. There is great power here in Dastan."

"Destroying Heroica is a personal step that needs to happen. In this world, everything serves a purpose to me. Heroica's time hasn't come yet, but once it has, it will take the final step and fall. I'm sorry. I loved it there too when I was there. Scheherazade makes Flaming Gumballs like no other. But Heroica's final step is it's destruction."

"And yes, my dear, my answers are entirely truthful. I do not lie, Atramor. I don't have to. You lose yourself in Chaos even when you are handed only truth, because that's the way things are."

Spoilered to limit the length of the text on the screen.

Edited by CallMePie

Upon being healed by the Elf Maiden, Thothwick jolted up too quickly and felt a pain over his waist, and vague, dusted footprints suggested someone had inadvertently trampled him mid-battle. After surveying the room, he surmised that he was lucky that was the worst of his wounds.

"Thank you for healing me, my dear Elf maiden. It appears Orang Pendek has shed his grace upon us this day... Pardon? The battle has yet to cease? Excuse me, my dear!"

At with that, Thothwick ran south, towards the sounds of battle.

OoC: Am I stunned? I don't understand how if I am, sorry. :blush:

"'Course."

"Flaming Gumballs! *oh2*Wren used to drink Flaming Gumballs!?! *huh* I'm stunned."

OoC: Uhm, ok, it seems that I am. :look:

"Edgar, bite XX some more for me while I get my bearings."

OoC: Am I stunned? I don't understand how if I am, sorry. :blush:

"Flaming Gumballs! *oh2*Wren used to drink Flaming Gumballs!?! *huh* I'm stunned."

OoC: Uhm, ok, it seems that I am. :look:

"Edgar, bite XX some more for me while I get my bearings."

Soaring above, Denarii laughed as Nyx was confused by her swooping acrobatics above.

Hey fire girl, you're facing the wrong way, baddies in that direction! Stop talking to yaself and get a spell together!

Enemies were stunned from Denarii's take to the skies special. Hence XX did no damage to you. I narrated that above, but perhaps wasn't clear. Nyx is not stunned this round and may attack normally. Don't forget Alexandre's Sentinel special is in play and all heroes are invulnerable!

Hey fire girl, you're facing the wrong way, baddies in that direction! Stop talking to yaself and get a spell together!

"Hmm? Oh, right, sorry. :blush: I swear it's these shoes..."

Nyx checks the heels of her stilettos on the slippery marble floor and shakes her head as if clearing it. She ensures she's once more facing the right way and focuses a Darkness spell on XX from the back row.

"'Course."

"Impressive, Atramor! This is definitely something to ponder..."

IC: As De'kra moved to attack his target, he heard Arthur conversing with that witch. With a tint of concern he clicked, "I would be wary of Wren, Nuparu. I not the best at understanding people of Olegaia, but it sound like to I that she think of other people as toys. Like she likes to play and people and amuse herself and them, only to cast them aside when they bore her. I might be wrong, as I have only secondary information on her, but that my impression. I would suggest caution when deal and someone who think of people as throwing disks, or worse, that life is big Akilini Match."

Results of Round 25 of Battle for Dastan

Heroes in the Throne Room:

Nerwen - Phoenix Essence on Thothwick

Thothwick - Moves South

Heroes in the East Corridor:

Cronk heals himself - No Heal

Cronk v. Chaos Beast B - Hit (33-5=28)

Atramor v. Chaos Beast C - Miss (Chaos Beast is Badly Posioned)

Arthur v. Chaos Beast B C - Hit (20-5=15)

Heroes in the South Corridor:

Alexandre v. Lucan - Special Damage (Alex is Poisoned)

Skrall - Slowed

Nyx v. XX - Special Damage Critical Hit - (([13x3]+20)x2=118)

Edgar v. XX - Special Damage (Edgar is Burned :sadnew: )

Tarn v. XX - Shield (Lucan: 28-3=25)(XX: 28) (Loren: 28-10=18) (XX is Stunned)

Xander v. Lucan - Damage Damage (Blocked)

De'Kra v. Loren - Miss

Sarick v. Lucan - Hit (18-3=15)

Count Knythton v. Lucan - Miss

Luke - Tonic on Sarick

Isabella v. Lucan - Critical Hit Critical Hit - ([8x2]+12=28)

Denarii v. Lucan Loren - Critical Hit (([8x2]+16)-10=22)

The battle rages on.

PalaceFloor1Round25.jpg

7708827282_cf03e1c5ee_z.jpg

The Enemies:

ava-ChaosBeastDastan.png

Chaos Beast of Dastan C
*Paralyzed*
Badly Poisoned

Type:
Demon, Holy

Level:

Health:
54/300

Defense:

Special:
Chaos
- The Chaos Beast of Dastan randomly chooses an action, either (1) dealing 15 Damage, (2) dealing 30 Damage, (3) increasing its Level by 1, (4) doing 15 Damage to itself, (5) dealing 5 Damage to every hero, regardless of Row or SP, or (6) increasing the target's WP by 1.

Drops: Nothing

ava-SirLoren.png

Sir Loren
*Captured Emperor Alandri*
*Badly Poisoned*

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
735/1000

Defense:

Special:
Angered Slash
- Enraged, Sir Loren slashes at his target, pushing the target back as part of the
Afraid
effect. Sir Loren's increasing rage raises his Level by 1.

Drops: Sword of Ancestral Hatred

DSCN0050-1.jpg

XX
*Paralyzed*
*Badly Poisoned*
*Captured Emperor Septrine*
*Stunned*

Level 20 Fiery, Humanoid

Health: 713/1500

Special: Explosion – Does 5 damage to all heroes, regardless of row/SP and burns the hero targeting XX, dealing a further 2 damage each round until the end of the battle (does not stack).

Drops: Bomb XX x5, Explosive Staff, Fire Amulet

Note:
Will be defeated when health reaches 250. Drops will be dropped, and XX will flee.

The Party:

ava-thothwick.jpg

Thothwick (Professor Flitwick)

Level 17.5 Rouge

Power:

Defense:

Health:
28/28

Gold:

Equipment:
Sabre (WP: 8), Cultist's Hat (regular attacks do Damage to Undead)

Inventory:
Whip Chain (WP: 6), Shuriken (WP: 5), Bedroll, Telescope

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx (Pandora)

Level 20.33 Battle Mage
*Immune to Asleep-effect*
*Lucky*
*Blessed*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
30/30

Ether:
18/25

Gold:

Equipment:
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP: 13; each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Shiny Helmet (+1 max Health), Sandman's Parasol (immune to
Asleep
)

Inventory:
Dawnstar II (WP: 9), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Wooden Shield (SP:2), Ruby (
Fire
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Garnet (
Earth
), Scroll of Weakening, Potion, Remedy, Tonics (2), Grand Tonics (2), Holy Bomb, Bones (5), Ether Core, Bedroll

6835324116_b26624a9bf_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

Level 21 Witch

Power:

Defense:

Health:
24/24 (-14 for remainder of Quest)

Ether:
6/10 (-9 for remainder of Quest)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ratsbane (WP: 10; +2 Health on successful hit;
Fire
Ice
Earth
Wind
), Witch's Talisman (Poisoned attacks become Badly Poisoned), Ancient Crown (gives target the
Cursed
-effect on first hit of battle)

Inventory:
Black Katana (WP: 8), Staff of the Elven Warlock (WP: 5;
Wood
), Grand Tonic, Fire Bomb, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Tarn Valco (Rumble Strike)

Level 15.5 Barbarian

Power:

Defense:

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Lion’s Heart (WP: 13,
Stuns
target on successful hits), Sand Worm Hide (SP: 2)

Inventory:
Helbaerend (WP: 10;
Water
Ice
Lightning
; Hollow Blade: Remedy), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6), Shovel, Pickaxe

archer_pose.jpg

William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)

Level 14 Ranger
*Knocked Out*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
0/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Repeating Crossbow (WP: 5, may not be upgraded;
Fire
;
Hastened
), Horse

Inventory:
Hand Cannon (WP: 5;
Lightning
Wood
), Chimera Armor (Torsowear, Suitable for Knights and Barbarians, +2 SP, +2 Health), Lion Knight Shield (SP: 4; unsuitable), Sapphire (
Wind
), Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Mead, Smelling Salts, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb, Magnifying Glass, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel

DSCN0044.jpg

Phil (NPC)

Level 20.33 Dastanian
*Knocked Out*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
0/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Dastan War Hammer (WP: 15;
Fire
Earth
)

Inventory:

Shield – Strikes the enemy with a terrific hit, halving their current health.

Critical Hit – Attacks with WPx2 + Lvl

skrall.jpg

Skrall (WaterbrickDown)

Level 19.5 Hunter
*Party Leader*
*Favors Humanoid Enemies*
*Blessed*
*Lucky*
*Encouraged*
*Slowed*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
32/32

Gold:

Equipment:
Greatsword of Lion Nobles (WP: 20; User is
Slowed
)

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 11; +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP: 8; Knock-back), Smoke Bomb, Zoot's Cookie

Alexandre le Chevalier (Capt.JohnPaul)
*Poisoned*

Level 13.5 Knight

Power:

Defense:

Health:
21/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 7)

Inventory:
Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1), Potions (4), Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

Isabella del Toboso (Dharkan)

Level 12 Rogue
*Lucky*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
17/18

Gold:

Equipment:
Fauxthril Dagger (WP: 8), Cloak of the Invisible Elf (SP: 1;
untargetable for first 2 Rounds of every Battle
)

Inventory:
Golden Dagger (WP: 3), Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1), Venom, Potions (7), Tonics (5), Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Fire Bombs (2), Dragon Scales (2) Bedroll

ava-arthur.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (Flipz)

Level 13.5 Mage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
14/19

Ether:
8/17

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7;
50% chance of Fleeing instead of being KO'd
), Robe of Magi (SP: 1)

Inventory:
Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scrolls of Confusion (2), Scroll of Sleep, Potions (2), Grand Tonic, Tonic, Mead, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope

ava-luke.png

Luke (controlled by Waterbrick Down)

Level 19.5 Sage
*Pacifist*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
34/34

Ether:
17/26

Gold:

Equipment:
Arthur's Staff of Elven Necromancy (WP: 5)
[/b]

Inventory:
Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1), Wooden Staff (WP: 1), Diamond (
Light
), Bedroll

ava-countlewisknyghton.png

Count Lewis Knyghton (controlled by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 14.5 Engineer

Power:

Defense:

Health:
21/21

Gold:

Equipment:
Spatha (WP: 3)

Inventory:
Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (Chromeknight)

Level 10.5 Cleric
*Immune to Wind*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
19/19

Ether:
9/15

Gold:

Equipment:
Peace (Hammer, WP: 6), Winged Helmet (SP: 2, immune to
Wind
)

Inventory:
Wooden Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Elixir, Grand Tonic, Venom, Bone, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Shovel

5919562924_234e287ff9_t.jpg

Galen Woodward (Fugazi)

Level 10.5 Rogue
*Knocked Out*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
0/20

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of Bashing (WP: 5;
Ice
;
*Poisoned*
), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Ranger and Rouges, +1 SP, +4 Health)

Inventory:
Throwing Dagger (WP:4,
Poisoned
), Bedroll

Rogue.JPG

De'kra (Tanma)

Level 16 Rogue

Power:

Defense:

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Kapura (WP: 5;
Fire
), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP: 1)

Inventory:
Chiara (WP: 5,
Lightning
), Shadeaux Dagger (WP: 5), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP: 5, unsuitable), Cloak of the Elven Spy, Scroll of Frailty, Remedy, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

rsz_img_2161.jpg

Sarick Lanse (Xarrzan)

Level 11 Mage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
15/15

Ether:
9/15

Gold:

Equipment:
Dragon's Wrath (Staff, WP: 6)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP: 5, healing effect), Dragon's Heart (WP: 15;
Fire
Wind
; Suitable to Knights and Rogues), Opal (
Ice
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Tonic, Bone, Mythril Shard

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk (Cornelius Murdock)

Level 21 Paladin
*Hastened*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
22/43 (+2)

Ether:
14/24 (+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zoot's Bane (WP: 12,
Light
, Paralyzing Venom applied) Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 7), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Cloak of Chimera (Backwear, Suitable for Mage and Clerics, +2 Health, +2 Ether)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Lance (WP: 12), Potion, Holy Bomb, Blacksmith Writ, Bone, Cultist Documents, Lightning Bomb, Tonic, Bedroll

heroica_2.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 14.5 Barbarian
*Lucky*

Power:
22 (24 if fighting from Front Row)

Defense:
0 (1 if fighting from Back Row)

Health:
21/21

Gold:

Equipment:
Pongcanis Club (WP: 8;
*Poisoned*
), Robe of the Pongcanis Champion (WP: 1 Front Row)(SP: 1 Back Row), Horse (WP: 1 Front Row)

Inventory:
Double-Sided Battle Ax (WP: 6; Aim), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Precision Bow (WP: 6; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's; unsuitable), Potions (2), Grand Potion, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb

7174540835_7494640139_t.jpg

Flavius (controlled by Xarrzan)

Level 12.5 Winged Warrior
*Knocked Out*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
0/18

Gold:

Equipment:
Handcrafted Bow (WP: 5, ranged), Rock Shield (SP: 2)

Inventory:

Shield -
Take to the Skies
- Stuns all enemies for the current round and makes the user invulnerable for the next round.

7359767670_279f3d2100_t.jpg

Denerii (controlled by Chromeknight)

Level 16.5 Winged Warrior

Power:

Defense:

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Handcrafted Bow (WP: 5, ranged), Stone Knife (WP: 8)

Inventory:
Emerald (
Wood
)

Shield -
Take to the Skies
- Stuns all enemies for the current round and makes the user invulnerable for the next round.

6899774894_f2e2331e0b_m.jpg

Edgar (controlled by Pandora)

Level 5 Minion
*Burned*

Health:
23/25

Shield roll = 2x level, plus poison effect.

Critical hit = 2x level

OoC: To be frank, I don't think this battle could suddenly turn against you guys, so I'm going to wrap it up. Dharken, you may state if you would have used your Phoenix Essence on William or not, and Nerwen, I'll assume you would have made it to Galen. Other QMs, sorry if you disagree with this, we can keep running the battle if you'd prefer. :blush:

Thothwick bursts into the South Corridor just in time to see the heroes rushing towards Loren. The Knights hacks at them, but there are simply too many, and without any support, he cannot hold them off. Finally he falls under the blow. XX stands a little ways off, near the two Emperors, not lifting a finger. As soon as Loren goes down, he turns to the heroes.

DSCN0050-1.jpg

"That was the last of my employers. Good thing I got paid half up front. I'll see you around heroes. Nyx, it's been a pleasure. The rest of you... it's been alright."

XX shoves the Emperors at the heroes, who catch them as XX plants a Bomb XX next to the wall near him. He covers his ears, grins, and the Bomb goes off nosily, tossing all the heroes back. When the smoke clears, XX is gone, and there is a third hole in the castle.

Atramor, Cronk and Arthur cut down the final Chaos Beast together. As it falls, it gives an unearthly scream and for a moment, in all of their minds, they can see only darkness. When it clears, Ella is alone with them. Her eyes flutter open.

DSCN0049-1.jpg

"...what... what happened?"

The Battle is Victorious! All the heroes gain one full level of experience, along with the amount they would have gained normally!

The Party:

ava-thothwick.jpg

Thothwick (Professor Flitwick)

Level 19 Rouge

Power:

Defense:

Health:
30/30

Gold:

Equipment:
Sabre (WP: 8), Cultist's Hat (regular attacks do Damage to Undead)

Inventory:
Whip Chain (WP: 6), Shuriken (WP: 5), Bedroll, Telescope

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx (Pandora)

Level 21.66 Battle Mage
*Immune to Asleep-effect*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
31/31

Ether:
19/26

Gold:

Equipment:
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP: 13; each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Shiny Helmet (+1 max Health), Sandman's Parasol (immune to
Asleep
)

Inventory:
Dawnstar II (WP: 9), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Wooden Shield (SP:2), Ruby (
Fire
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Garnet (
Earth
), Scroll of Weakening, Potion, Remedy, Tonics (2), Grand Tonics (2), Holy Bomb, Bones (5), Ether Core, Bedroll

6835324116_b26624a9bf_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

Level 22.33 Witch

Power:

Defense:

Health:
25/25 (-14 for remainder of Quest)

Ether:
7/11 (-9 for remainder of Quest)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ratsbane (WP: 10; +2 Health on successful hit;
Fire
Ice
Earth
Wind
), Witch's Talisman (Poisoned attacks become Badly Poisoned), Ancient Crown (gives target the
Cursed
-effect on first hit of battle)

Inventory:
Black Katana (WP: 8), Staff of the Elven Warlock (WP: 5;
Wood
), Grand Tonic, Fire Bomb, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Tarn Valco (Rumble Strike)

Level 17 Barbarian

Power:

Defense:

Health:
24/24

Gold:

Equipment:
Lion’s Heart (WP: 13,
Stuns
target on successful hits), Sand Worm Hide (SP: 2)

Inventory:
Helbaerend (WP: 10;
Water
Ice
Lightning
; Hollow Blade: Remedy), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6), Shovel, Pickaxe

archer_pose.jpg

William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)

Level 15 Ranger

Power:

Defense:

Health:
1/20

Gold:

Equipment:
Repeating Crossbow (WP: 5, may not be upgraded;
Fire
;
Hastened
), Horse

Inventory:
Hand Cannon (WP: 5;
Lightning
Wood
), Chimera Armor (Torsowear, Suitable for Knights and Barbarians, +2 SP, +2 Health), Lion Knight Shield (SP: 4; unsuitable), Sapphire (
Wind
), Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Mead, Smelling Salts, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb, Magnifying Glass, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel

DSCN0044.jpg

Phil (NPC)

Level 21.33 Dastanian

Power:

Defense:

Health:
1/23

Gold:

Equipment:
Dastan War Hammer (WP: 15;
Fire
Earth
)

Inventory:

Shield – Strikes the enemy with a terrific hit, halving their current health.

Critical Hit – Attacks with WPx2 + Lvl

skrall.jpg

Skrall (WaterbrickDown)

Level 21 Hunter
*Party Leader*
*Favors Humanoid Enemies*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
34/34

Gold:

Equipment:
Greatsword of Lion Nobles (WP: 20; User is
Slowed
)

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 11; +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP: 8; Knock-back), Smoke Bomb, Zoot's Cookie

Alexandre le Chevalier (Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 15 Knight

Power:

Defense:

Health:
23/24

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 7)

Inventory:
Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1), Potions (4), Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

Isabella del Toboso (Dharkan)

Level 13.5 Rogue

Power:

Defense:

Health:
18/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Fauxthril Dagger (WP: 8), Cloak of the Invisible Elf (SP: 1;
untargetable for first 2 Rounds of every Battle
)

Inventory:
Golden Dagger (WP: 3), Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1), Venom, Potions (7), Tonics (5), Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Fire Bombs (2), Dragon Scales (2) Bedroll

ava-arthur.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (Flipz)

Level 15 Mage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
16/21

Ether:
10/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7;
50% chance of Fleeing instead of being KO'd
), Robe of Magi (SP: 1)

Inventory:
Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scrolls of Confusion (2), Scroll of Sleep, Potions (2), Grand Tonic, Tonic, Mead, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope

ava-luke.png

Luke (controlled by Waterbrick Down)

Level 21 Sage
*Pacifist*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
36/36

Ether:
19/28

Gold:

Equipment:
Arthur's Staff of Elven Necromancy (WP: 5)
[/b]

Inventory:
Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1), Wooden Staff (WP: 1), Diamond (
Light
), Bedroll

ava-countlewisknyghton.png

Count Lewis Knyghton (controlled by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 16 Engineer

Power:

Defense:

Health:
23/23

Gold:

Equipment:
Spatha (WP: 3)

Inventory:
Standard-Issue Crossbow (WP: 1)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (Chromeknight)

Level 12 Cleric
*Immune to Wind*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
21/21

Ether:
11/17

Gold:

Equipment:
Peace (Hammer, WP: 6), Winged Helmet (SP: 2, immune to
Wind
)

Inventory:
Wooden Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Elixir, Grand Tonic, Venom, Bone, Bedroll, Shovel

5919562924_234e287ff9_t.jpg

Galen Woodward (Fugazi)

Level 12 Rogue

Power:

Defense:

Health:
1/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of Bashing (WP: 5;
Ice
;
*Poisoned*
), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Ranger and Rouges, +1 SP, +4 Health)

Inventory:
Throwing Dagger (WP:4,
Poisoned
), Bedroll

Rogue.JPG

De'kra (Tanma)

Level 17.5 Rogue

Power:

Defense:

Health:
23/23

Gold:

Equipment:
Kapura (WP: 5;
Fire
), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP: 1)

Inventory:
Chiara (WP: 5,
Lightning
), Shadeaux Dagger (WP: 5), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP: 5, unsuitable), Cloak of the Elven Spy, Scroll of Frailty, Remedy, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

rsz_img_2161.jpg

Sarick Lanse (Xarrzan)

Level 12.5 Mage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
16/16

Ether:
10/16

Gold:

Equipment:
Dragon's Wrath (Staff, WP: 6)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP: 5, healing effect), Dragon's Heart (WP: 15;
Fire
Wind
; Suitable to Knights and Rogues), Opal (
Ice
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Tonic, Bone, Mythril Shard

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk (Cornelius Murdock)

Level 22.33 Paladin

Power:

Defense:

Health:
23/44 (+2)

Ether:
15/25 (+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zoot's Bane (WP: 12,
Light
, Paralyzing Venom applied) Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 7), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Cloak of Chimera (Backwear, Suitable for Mage and Clerics, +2 Health, +2 Ether)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Lance (WP: 12), Potion, Holy Bomb, Blacksmith Writ, Bone, Cultist Documents, Lightning Bomb, Tonic, Bedroll

heroica_2.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 16 Barbarian

Power:
24 (26 if fighting from Front Row)

Defense:
0 (1 if fighting from Back Row)

Health:
23/23

Gold:

Equipment:
Pongcanis Club (WP: 8;
*Poisoned*
), Robe of the Pongcanis Champion (WP: 1 Front Row)(SP: 1 Back Row), Horse (WP: 1 Front Row)

Inventory:
Double-Sided Battle Ax (WP: 6; Aim), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Precision Bow (WP: 6; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's; unsuitable), Potions (2), Grand Potion, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb

7174540835_7494640139_t.jpg

Flavius (controlled by Xarrzan)

Level 13.5 Winged Warrior

Power:

Defense:

Health:
1/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Handcrafted Bow (WP: 5, ranged), Rock Shield (SP: 2)

Inventory:

Shield -
Take to the Skies

7359767670_279f3d2100_t.jpg

Denerii (controlled by Chromeknight)

Level 18 Winged Warrior

Power:

Defense:

Health:
24/24

Gold:

Equipment:
Handcrafted Bow (WP: 5, ranged), Stone Knife (WP: 8)

Inventory:
Emerald (
Wood
)

Shield -
Take to the Skies

The heroes collect all the loot, and Skrall distributes it quickly. Because, you know, there's still a city burning outside and stuff.

The Loot:

5ZGvd.jpg

-
1130 Gold

heroica-venom.jpg

-
Venom

Topaz

heroicaitem-SwordAncestralHatred.jpg

Sword of Ancestral Hatred
(WP: 5; +1 WP for each kill by the wielder; suitable for Knights and Rogues) -
Forged in a forgotten age, this light and durable blade has survived, strengthened by every enemy it fells.

heroicaitem-MailRenegadeCommander.jpg

Mail of the Renegade Commander
(SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians) -
Smithed with the finest of dwarven alloys, this armor of interlocking rings provides an excellent balance of protection and flexibility and allows its wearer to better dodge unanticipated attacks.

7789631440_6cd1022c07_t.jpg

Twin Boradswords
(WP:20, the user can attack two enemies in the same turn, but negates the use of a shield. Suitable to Knights and their Advanced Classes only)

7789631584_7cfd38e81d_t.jpg

Heavy Armor
(Artifact, bodywear, SP: 6, Power -6)

7789631528_915c5c38f6_t.jpg

Crown
(worth 300 gold in shops).

Zoot's Play Thing
- A dark sphere of Chaos. On usage, creates a weapon with WP equal to 2/3s of the user's level, usable only by them, requiring Zoot in the title of the weapon.

DSCN0086.jpg

-
Bomb XX
(x5) - Does 30 damage to all enemies, and 10 damage to the party (disregarding row/SP).

Explosive Staff
–
WP: 12
(Does damage equal to ½ WP on Critical Hit/Hit to all other enemies. On a Miss scorches the user for ½ WP, disregarding SP and row).

FireAmulet.png

Fire Amulet
- Suitable for anyone, each attack causes double damage to enemies weak against fire, accessory.

Amulet of U'Kin Nobility
-
An amulet stolen from U'Stus' house by U'Vires, this amulet allows the wearer to use Diplomacy on all U'Kin. Does not take up one of the three artifact spots, but does use the accessory slot.

OoC: Once the loot is distributed, we'll break off into our own threads again for the conclusions of each quest.

Edited by Zepher

IC: The echo watched as XX ran way. A part of him wanted to catch the foe, and punish him for those weapons, but now was not the time. Dastan needed to rebuild, it couldn't afford for a new battle to break out here, not with such dangerous weapons and the emperors at risk. And truth be told, XX did not force Tarn or Nyx to use those bombs.

Besides, the heroes were victorious. Dastan would not end today, both emperors were saved and the traitor fallen. The city would need repairs, but at least it's leadership remained. And who knows, perhaps the more noble Lion Knights will help restore the city, as their people damaged it. De'kra's eyes glowed yellow as he gazed at the rest of the Team, slowly pulling themselves and their fallen bck up. Despite overwhelming odds the heroes had fought their way through and proven victorious. And at least the ghosts of Quest 4 might be laid to rest. If this was how this adventure ended, even after all the betrayal and mistakes, it would be a good one.

De'kra glanced over to Ella, and clicked happily, "We save emperors."

Edited by Tanma