Legonardo

Hobbit hole

"in such a big world with such big things it is easy to forget the little"

7708064948_c16ff2ccf9_z.jpg

All is peaceful and lay-back for hobbits.

7708064816_18c579bedd_c.jpg

Naroug and his brother enjoying a sunny day in Glevum with a smoke and a bottle of ale,

7708064668_1ab08501da_c.jpg

I was bored today and thought a MOC like this might brighten up the forum a bit with all the elemental devastation going arounddefault_satisfied.gif

Enjoy!

~Lagonardo

A beautiful bucolic scene. Nice parts use for the pipe! This really makes me think about the scene in Wayne's World where Garth and Wayne watch the jets taking off, something about that chilled expression on their faces after a smoke!

:tongue:

Nice creation, from the looks of the guy smoking the pipe, that must be some good pipe-weed :)

Great, now Lotr also infiltrates GoH forum. :angry: Since Lotr came out I am not watching the regular historic forum anymore. Lotr should really get its own forum imo.

On topic: I love that cigarre there. Nice chill-out scene.

Great, now Lotr also infiltrates GoH forum. :angry: Since Lotr came out I am not watching the regular historic forum anymore. Lotr should really get its own forum imo.

Haha I have had hobbits pretty much since I joined Avalonia and claimed Glevum. And It's not a LOTR MOC, it is simply based off one. if I had given it a chimney, green round door and no yellow tree then I probably would have posted it in the Historic themes forum default_blush.gif

Glad you like the pipe!

Jonwil It's avalonian pipe weed, that's why default_blink.gif

~Dangerous

Excellent work on the tree :thumbup: Pretty nice grass-scaping too, though it looks a little blocky in some places.

The smoke coming out of the pipe is quite effective :classic:

Excellent work on the tree :thumbup: Pretty nice grass-scaping too, though it looks a little blocky in some places.

The smoke coming out of the pipe is quite effective :classic:

as weird as it may sound it did intend for it to be blocky, not all landscape is nice and smooth

Glad you like it!

Haha, sorry to mention it, but the LOTR ressemblance is really big :classic: In LOTR, it was war, but the hobbits still lived their own life and here in Historica, it's war all over the continent and these hobbits are just living their own life as well :laugh:

Great tree and pipe!

I agree with you on both points.

@LD is there an interior?

OK yes it does have many similarities to LOTR but that does not mean it is a LOTR MOCdefault_laugh_new.gif

BB no, the inside is used for supports for the green bricks that make up the roof.

Heh, nice to know that somwhere is relaxed and peaceful in midst of all the recent turmoil in Historica! :laugh: Resemblences to a certain author's work aside, i really like the leaning tree and hobbit reclining on the hilltop with his pipe. You probably could have compressed the moc in size a bit though - i have noticed that sometimes you tend to use a bit more ground space than you actually need. The arch area around the door looks like it needs a bit of attention too - perhaps an overhanging lip of sod or grass etc to follow the contour of the hill.

Anyway, lovely moc for a quick build! :classic:

Edited by gabe