Sign in to follow this  
jamie75

Want a new Falcon for $10 - TICKETS SOLD OUT!

If we manage to get 55 tickets sold by March 31st, then it could be ordered with free shipping. The extra $50 could then perhaps be used to ship it to Europe?

Put me down for 2 tickets! I wonder who came up with this great idea? :-D

I am in for one too!

Will the drawing take place before the falcon begins to ship?

If we manage to get 55 tickets sold by March 31st, then it could be ordered with free shipping. The extra $50 could then perhaps be used to ship it to Europe?

Right, but, I want to make sure there is enough to cover paypal fees and CC fees . If we wind up with a few bucks felt over, it will be applied to shipping overseas.

I'm not trying to make a buck here, just want to be sure I have enough to pay for it with out using some of my own money! I already paid for one!

Jamie

I am in for one too!

Will the drawing take place before the falcon begins to ship?

A date for the drawing hasn't been decided on yet. We can worry about that when we reach 55 people.

One thing at a time! Let's get the number we need first!

Jamie

Put me down for 2 tickets! I wonder who came up with this great idea? :-D

Do you really need to ask? :-)

Jamie

what happens if i enter this and i win??

i live in Greece and S@H dosent ship to my country..

so someone from lets say Germany will get it and ship it to me? and wouldnt that cost me double shipping?

I would be a bit concerned about a raffle. There are all kinds of issues involved, like what will you do if you don't get 50 entries and therefore are out the money?

Steve

I would be a bit concerned about a raffle. There are all kinds of issues involved, like what will you do if you don't get 50 entries and therefore are out the money?

As far as I understood we would only pay our tickets when we reach 55 and Jamie would order only after that. There's no money flowing anywhere before that. If we reach 55 before March 31 we would get the bonus of free shipping within the US, if not the winner would have to pay for shipping or order themselves if they're not in the US.

Right?

Edit: I forgot - I'll add myself with 2 tickets ;-)

Hey guys i've signed up just for this.. (been reading here for a while)

Anyway if this goes ahead i'm in.

I live in australia so i guess it'll be around $13AUD.

I'll have three tickets, please.

I wouldn't like the money, though. That takes the fun out of the purpose of the raffle. The winner could just take the money. Detracts from the theme of EB. I say it'd be better to get 60 members involved or charge $12 a ticket and accept that there'll be two shipping charges (one to the raffle-runner, one to the winner).

If its a raffle for the USC MF, I'm in for three tickets. If its a raffle for the monetary value of the UCS MF, I'm not interested - I could put the money into the lottery!

I am in for one ticket also! You must have missed my previous post as I have not been added to the list yet!

what happens if i enter this and i win??

i live in Greece and S@H dosent ship to my country..

so someone from lets say Germany will get it and ship it to me? and wouldnt that cost me double shipping?

No, shipping is free till March 31, no shipping charge here. You only shipping charge would be to have it shipped to you from me!

As far as I understood we would only pay our tickets when we reach 55 and Jamie would order only after that. There's no money flowing anywhere before that. If we reach 55 before March 31 we would get the bonus of free shipping within the US, if not the winner would have to pay for shipping or order themselves if they're not in the US.

Right?

Edit: I forgot - I'll add myself with 2 tickets ;-)

Right, no money is changing hands yet! This is just to see if we can reach the desired number of people. If we do, then we would start another thread, something like: 10179 Raffle, Game On!

I'll have three tickets, please.

I wouldn't like the money, though. That takes the fun out of the purpose of the raffle. The winner could just take the money. Detracts from the theme of EB. I say it'd be better to get 60 members involved or charge $12 a ticket and accept that there'll be two shipping charges (one to the raffle-runner, one to the winner).

If its a raffle for the USC MF, I'm in for three tickets. If its a raffle for the monetary value of the UCS MF, I'm not interested - I could put the money into the lottery!

No problem Cap, I think I am going to order it myself regardless, and have winner pay for shipping, some of which will be covered by whatever is left over after paying all fees involved.

When you think about it, If I send the winner $500 US dollars you still have to come up with the rest and pay shipping on top of that!

So, I will order it and have it shipped to me here in the US. The winner will have to cover shipping to them in there country, which will still be cheaper then shelling out the rest for the Falcon and shipping.to you from Lego!

I will modify my first post to reflect some of things that we have discussed since!

Jamie

So, I will order it and have it shipped to me here in the US. The winner will have to cover shipping to them in there country, which will still be cheaper then shelling out the rest for the Falcon and shipping.to you from Lego!

If the winner is from the US (or has a US postal address) you could have it shipped to them directly, though.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the opening post ;-)

Hey guys i've signed up just for this.. (been reading here for a while)

Anyway if this goes ahead i'm in.

Hi guys: it's the same for me, but I'm from Italy *sweet*

Just wondering... what about the customs fee, if the set will be sent from US?

Anyway, I'm in for one ticket!

CIAO

RoscoPC

Hi guys: it's the same for me, but I'm from Italy *sweet*

Just wondering... what about the customs fee, if the set will be sent from US?

Anyway, I'm in for one ticket!

CIAO

RoscoPC

Import duty on a new unopened set this size could be up to

G guys lets focus a bit !!

The contest Jamie is creating is for a Falcon, and solely for a Flacon !! So if you want $$ the answer is NO, and if you don't want to pay for shipping then forget the whole thing !!

So seriously now, who is willing to participate according to these terms ??

Contest On !!

*yoda*

I thought you didn't pay import duty on something if it was marked as a gift!

Unfortunately that is a myth. "Gift" (meaning no invoice) just gives the customs guys reason to guess the value (if they open it, that is).

Usually they don't care about packages that are marked as "gift" and contain "loose stuff". But if there's a sealed box in the package, they could think otherwise.

G guys lets focus a bit !!

The contest Jamie is creating is for a Falcon, and solely for a Flacon !! So if you want $$ the answer is NO, and if you don't want to pay for shipping then forget the whole thing !!

So seriously now, who is willing to participate according to these terms ??

Contest On !!

*yoda*

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there yoda. Everybody wants to have the falcon not the money! but who ever wins should get it shipped directly from shop@home. jamie said he was going to get the set shipped to him first. You don't have to do this as he can still buy the set from the winners home country if he selects their country as the shipping destination. It should not matter where payment comes from as long as the shipping location is the same as that selceted on shop@home. As a example i could select france on shop@home, make a purchace from my card and have it sent to your address :-)

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there yoda. Everybody wants to have the falcon not the money! but who ever wins should get it shipped directly from shop@home. jamie said he was going to get the set shipped to him first. You don't have to do this as he can still buy the set from the winners home country if he selects their country as the shipping destination. It should not matter where payment comes from as long as the shipping location is the same as that selceted on shop@home. As a example i could select france on shop@home, make a purchace from my card and have it sent to your address :-)

I spoke Lego customer service and Lego S@H. I can order it here in the US and have it shipped anywhere Lego has the S@H service, but, I have to pay what they pay in that country.

So, instead of it costing me $500 here in the states. It would cost me $683.32 to order it here in the states and have sent to you, Mutley, via Lego S@H UK. I could do this also, if you want give me another $183.32 to cover the rest of the cost of the falcon.

See what I mean?

The contest is in US dollars cause that is where I am from and where I will be ordering it from. You pick up the shipping charge, which is around $60 US for it. I mark it as a gift or mark it as having a value of $50. So, I miss a zero. No biggie.

So, the contest/ raffle is for a Falcon, no money. Other have said they would take the money.

The winner cover shipping to them! And Customs Fees, if any! I can mark it as gift or lower the value, or both to help with customs fees.

Hell, I can dump the bag of pieces, in another box and ship it that way! This way they open it, they think it is a box of lego. No set number, no nothing for them to look up the set number and guess the value.

I can put a birthday card in it to!!

Jamie

Hi jamie. If you can ship it to europe for $60 then that is great. This might sound strange but i don't want to win the set as i already have one on pre-order, but thought it might be a great way for our members on a tighter lego budget to get this great but expensive set. I glad someone from this great forum has said that they will do this and create a great competion. :-)