AlexScammer

Batman's Mask Comparison

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which mask do you prefer?

• The old one
    • The new one
    • Both equally
    • Neither

I think the idea in the new one is better, and it looks quite a bit more like Batman from the side, but from the front the ears look too wide...I prefer the old one from the front.

I think I'd have to say the old one. I like the exaggerated ears. It feels more like LEGO doing their own spin on Batman rather than trying to look as exact as possible.

I guess it's kind of similar to how I always preferred LEGO accessories that were oversized compared to the minifigure (i.e. I prefer the old wrench to the newer, smaller, weaker utilities). That said, if they permanently replaced the old one with this newer one I wouldn't be upset or anything. They both look good to me.

I think the idea in the new one is better, and it looks quite a bit more like Batman from the side, but from the front the ears look too wide...I prefer the old one from the front.

:thumbup: I completely agree with you. I like one strictly from the front and one strictly from the side.

So I decided to go and check TRU anyway,found 3,1 had been opened and the cape,cowl and head were stolen,bought the other 2.

So I decided to go and check TRU anyway,found 3,1 had been opened and the cape,cowl and head were stolen,bought the other 2.

Hmm, didn't see these... Which TRU did you check?

I'd like to buy one of those Batmobiles if you're willing to sell!

This is off topic, but the link to my store is in my signature. :wink:

Hmm, didn't see these... Which TRU did you check?

The TRU across from Dadeland Station on U.S.1

I bought two there last month. Pointed them out to a disappointed father/son team who had just price checked the $50 Batjet; they were excited to find an affordable Batman. Later gave one of my two sets to a kid I know (he was thrilled). I left the bin filled with sets for others to enjoy.

This Batman looks great next to my blue version from the Catcycle set.

Edited by htbomb

I'd have to say I like both the new and old versions. I'm slowly collecting each Batman so will have plenty of both shortly!

Edited by charlieboy

I bought two there last month. Pointed them out to a disappointed father/son team who had just price checked the $50 Batjet; they were excited to find an affordable Batman. Later gave one of my two sets to a kid I know (he was thrilled). I left the bin filled with sets for others to enjoy.

This Batman looks great next to my blue version from the Catcycle set.

I went there hoping to at least find the 2 I needed,I needed the cowl/cape for some custom Batmans and the $5.00 price can't be beat,searched the whole section and only found those 3,like I said someone had ripped one open and only taken the cowl and the cape,some people are just too damn cheap!

Nice comparison, 'AlexScammer'! :sweet:

. The new mask is far more superior! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info and the comparison. I think the new one is a big improvement and looks a lot more realistic/movie like :thumbup:

I prefer the new one though it is a shame that the eyes aren't aligned with the mask.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

My toys r Us was stocked on these jetski's promo's last weekend, but I went yesterday and they were sold out. I didn't know Columbus GA was a hotspot for Lego's, I'm glad I got Four of them last weekend though, I love the new head by the way.

A bit of an update :wink:

did you go to the toys r us in Pinole? I work there and saw a guy buy a bunch of those. He mentioned them being hard to find.

EDIT: never mind, I see you're in Florida. Illiteracy is a big problem, kids.

Edited by lefty

It looks like the new cowl just got a lot less exclusive... I got one with the Two Face chase set and the eyes align perfectly with one side of the head, but the grinning one still shows a bit of the black lining. Don't know if this only counts for Europe or if they will ship the new cowl in US sets from now aswell.

It looks like the new cowl just got a lot less exclusive... I got one with the Two Face chase set and the eyes align perfectly with one side of the head, but the grinning one still shows a bit of the black lining. Don't know if this only counts for Europe or if they will ship the new cowl in US sets from now aswell.

It's even been found in blue.

It's even been found in blue.

Really? That's awesome! Sorry for posting old news.

Any pictures of the new blue mask cowl? That must be some luck to find one in the sets anyways