I think snakemen fits more in Pharaoh's Quest,than Ninjago.

I'd have to disagree there; snakes feature just as prominently in Japanese mythology as they do in Egyptian mythology.

The most notable example is the Yamata no Orochi, the eight headed serpent who fought against (and was ultimately slain by) the warrior Susano-o.

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

I'd have to disagree there; snakes feature just as prominently in Japanese mythology as they do in Egyptian mythology.

The most notable example is the Yamata no Orochi, the eight headed serpent who fought against (and was ultimately slain by) the warrior Susano-o.

Bluebeard, out-

I never heard about skeleton army in Japanese mythology.

I never heard about skeleton army in Japanese mythology.

I think you've misunderstood me; I wasn't saying that Ninjago pinched all of it's ideas from Japanese mythology (however, now that you mention it, there just so happens to be a creature from Japanese folklore called a Gashadokuro, which is, in fact, a giant skeleton). No, I was merely saying that the idea of "snakemen" in a Japanese setting is not completely misplaced.

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

If the green ninja is on the box, I'd think it would be Kai, considering he was on the 2011 boxes and is widely accepted as the main character. Why? I don't know, green is the opposite of red. Unless Nya replaces him though, but I don't think she will. I'm not even convinced she will appear (in the first wave at least).

Hypnorabi..General? Who the bricks is Hypnorabi?! It's an odd name. Really, really odd name.

Hypnorabi..General? Who the bricks is Hypnorabi?! It's an odd name. Really, really odd name.

I'm pretty sure HypnOBRAi is a COBRA (the letter are bolded to show similarities). A Hypnotic cobra minifig sounds kind of epic.

And "Scales" is a lame name, but let's hope it's a cool minifig.

I'm just guessing on the name meanings, but given LEGO's track record of punny names, I'd say it's a fair assumption.

There is a lot of episodes in the season 2.If you look on the names,it seems that there will be snake king,green ninja(we already know that)and some kind of blacksmith(or is that just name?).But why the last episode called ninjago bizarro?Superman?

Hm, hm... If there are five snake staffs (and presumably five different snakemen) it would be logical to introduce a fifth (green) ninja - ya know, to keep the balance between good and evil. Not so sure if it's really an upgrade or a completely new character.

'Scales' will have to be comic relief or fool in the series. :laugh:

I read 16 episodes, odd it's usually either 13 or more than 22 to fill half or full season on TV ? :wink:

Now we can look forward to the series hitting our screen as long as you have Cartoon Network (which I do :grin: )! :classic:

Keep on spinning ! :grin:

'Scales' will have to be comic relief or fool in the series. :laugh:

I read 16 episodes, odd it's usually either 13 or more than 22 to fill half or full season on TV ? :wink:

Now we can look forward to the series hitting our screen as long as you have Cartoon Network (which I do :grin: )! :classic:

Keep on spinning ! :grin:

Sometimes a TV series is only officially picked up for part of a season before being approved for a full season. Of course, I'm pretty sure the rest of the season has to be approved before the first part of the season has aired. As an example, Avatar: The Last Airbender was only picked up for 13 episodes initially-- shortly after production on those 13 episodes was completed, the creators were given the green light for another seven episodes to round out the first season. At least, if I'm remembering things correctly.

Additionally, it should be noted that as with A:TLA, the LEGO.com press release about the series only mentioned 13 episodes. The fact that there are 16 listed (not including those which had already aired when the announcement was made) suggests that the series has been approved for a full season, and for whatever reason IMDB simply doesn't have information on any episodes later than the 16th.

Samukai is also taking part. He got reassembled or imdb is just placing names from season one in addition.

Samukai is also taking part. He got reassembled or imdb is just placing names from season one in addition.

Yeah, they have season one characters listed as well, so I doubt Samukai's coming back. Then again, you never know; I didn't expect Wyplash to show up at all, and yet he recently made his first appearance in a mini-movie on the LEGO website (by the same crew responsible for the TV episodes).

I'm pretty sure HypnOBRAi is a COBRA (the letter are bolded to show similarities). A Hypnotic cobra minifig sounds kind of epic.

Ah, good thinking. :wink:

It could be an awesome minifig, I just hope they don't give him cartoon-y hypno-spirals for eyes.

Maybe his one of the snake staffs will be a hypnotic one?

Lloyd? Flying Boat?

Fail.

Seriously? This is getting Ridiculous. Though the story is weird, I am looking forward to lizard head molds. But the main down point is Lloyd. TLG couldn't think up a more menacing name could they? :hmpf:

As vexorian said, you're worried that a theme about ninjas fighting undead samurai biker skeletons with SPINNING!!! is getting ridiculous? It's so over the top now that I think Rule Of Cool applies!

I'm pretty well decided that any further complaints of Ninajgo being 'ridiculous' are kind of redundant. The whole theme is built on ridiculous and I think we can learn to love it for that.

The only thing still bothering me is the name Lloyd....

Aside from that, bring on the mechanical terrors!

More set names found:

Lasha

Fang-Suei

Samurai

Ninja Flight Sailors

Snappa

Snake Quad

Starter Set

Training Set

Kendo Zane

Fire Ninja Kai

Found on: http://www.spielwaren-lippe.de/ (I had to look through 51 pages, it was a pain in the big behind)

Edited by Jouster

Found on: http://www.spielwaren-lippe.de/ (I had to look through 51 pages, it was a pain in the big behind)

If you had searched for Ninjago on the site, you would have ended with only 35 results ;)

In original German:

LEGO NINJAGO Jays Donner-Jet

Gewicht: 0.425 kg

18,58 €

LEGO NINJAGO Schrein der Venomari

Gewicht: 0.113 kg

7,32 €

LEGO NINJAGO Lasha

Gewicht: 0.104 kg

9,20 €

LEGO NINJAGO Fang-Suei

Gewicht: 0.102 kg

9,20 €

LEGO NINJAGO Kais Feuer-Bike

Gewicht: 0.28 kg

13,85 €

LEGO NINJAGO Samurai

9,20 €

LEGO NINJAGO Ninja-Flugsegler

Gewicht: 0.001315 kg

74,34 €

LEGO NINJAGO Coles Tarn-Buggy

Gewicht: 0.62 kg

32,52 €

LEGO NINJAGO Snappa

Gewicht: 0.103 kg

9,20 €

LEGO NINJAGO Starter Set

Gewicht: 0.202 kg

18,58 €

LEGO NINJAGO Schlangen-Quad

Gewicht: 0.892 kg

46,46 €

LEGO NINJAGO Rattlecopter

Gewicht: 0.426 kg

27,87 €

LEGO NINJAGO Training Set

Gewicht: 0.331 kg

18,58 €

LEGO NINJAGO Kendo Zane

Gewicht: 0.104 kg

9,20 €

LEGO NINJAGO Fire Ninja Kai

9,20 €

Going py prize these are the new spinners:

Lasha

Fang-Suei

Samurai

Snappa

Kendo Zane

Fire Ninja Kai

Training Set & Starter set seem spinner related to.

For sets & sizes/pieces:

Kai's bike will be like Chopov's skullmotor in size

Cole's buggy akin to the TurboShredder - Earthdragon I guess. Same goes to rattlecopter.

Jay's set like Ice Dragon/blacksmith

Snake Quad is a 'new' prize range.

The Ninja flying boat (flugsegler) will be tad bigger then Garmaddons-Fort / Lightning Dragon.

The flying boat sounds promising. The question I have is will it be a magic flying ship or large float plane like a PBY flying boat?

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Sorry, I was not clear enough, these are just other flying boats. I like the look of them and hope the Ninjago boat will be in that style.

Fire ninja Kai? What may that be? If Kai is the Green ninja now,this will probably be it.If not,we didn't get a Kai DX spinner yet,did we? ( I don't know about the news spinners )

Fire ninja Kai? What may that be? If Kai is the Green ninja now,this will probably be it.If not,we didn't get a Kai DX spinner yet,did we? ( I don't know about the news spinners )

We did get a Kai DX Spinner but he comes only in these two playsets: 2518 Nuckal's ATV (whitout Spinjitzu cards) and 2254 Mountain Shrine (with spinjitzu cards).