XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

What about a new imperial star destroyer?

If there is no Jawas, no Cantina etc what else is remaining?

I doubt we'll get another Tantive IV after one just coming out in 2009 and with the Death Star, I think the only thing they could do, is replace all the minifigs with their new versions.

Yes, I know. By 'available' I was referring to the fact that they were still on LEGO Shop@Home for purchase.

@october: What is that in your profile picture, and why does it so strongly resemble 로보트 태권 V?:excited:

As for remaining remakes, other than the obvious X-wing and Y-wing, I was thinking of the 7659 Imperial Landing Craft and 7106 Droid Escape, both of which we have not seen in a while. In particular, a remake of 7106 would make for a nice impulse set...

The only other set I can think of that could be remade is 4477 T-16 Skyhopper, which I would not mind at all so long as it was well done. :moar:

There could also be a TIE/sa remake packaged with Vader and some stormtroopers as a TIE boarding craft... but that's not very likely.

Edited by fallenangel309

@october: What is that in your profile picture, and why does it so strongly resemble 로보트 태권 V?:excited:

Yeah, they are in the same generation. The famous Mazinger-Z.

Mazinga Z rules. Glad that someone noticed!

Okay after reading this a bit more thoroughly, these rumors seem quite ridiculous! It would be great if we did get a commando droid battle pack (and for that matter a ARC trooper battle pack), but as far as I can remember LEGO has never put a minifigure in a battle pack that has ever been released again. While the "two factions in a battle pack" idea isn't a bad one I doubt LEGO will ever change their system. And we only got 7 new sets last year, so I doubt we'll see 11(!) sets.

Huu is that for real :sceptic:??

That's the old one. :wink:

cc.png

This is the image that is shown next to the old box. This isn't the old cloud car but the details are.

Yeah I saw that. But I though it might just be a glitch. Still, I think I've seen that somewhere before...

Okay after reading this a bit more thoroughly, these rumors seem quite ridiculous! It would be great if we did get a commando droid battle pack (and for that matter a ARC trooper battle pack), but as far as I can remember LEGO has never put a minifigure in a battle pack that has ever been released again. While the "two factions in a battle pack" idea isn't a bad one I doubt LEGO will ever change their system. And we only got 7 new sets last year, so I doubt we'll see 11(!) sets.

but I think this is the point that's being made, LEGO are changing. They probably feel they need to change their strategy if they are going to attract new fans. There is more competition than ever in construction toys and some are even getting popular licenses. If Lego doesn't try to move forward then it will go backwards.

They have to keep it fresh. Bring it on!!

There is more competition than ever in construction toys and some are even getting popular licenses.

Really? Lego seems healthier than ever, and, in France, i don't see any alternative construction toys with popular licenses. Megabloks are often on "big"sales so i don't think they sell so good anymore.

What company are you talking about?

Otherwise, i think Mirandir's predictions make perfect sense. The 3 "collectibles" don't have to be counted as real sets. So January wave will have 8 real sets. Pretty close to 7 isn't it?

The stranger fact is the lack of episode 1 sets, in that i can agree.

Really? Lego seems healthier than ever, and, in France, i don't see any alternative construction toys with popular licenses. Megabloks are often on "big"sales so i don't think they sell so good anymore.

What company are you talking about?

Otherwise, i think Mirandir's predictions make perfect sense. The 3 "collectibles" don't have to be counted as real sets. So January wave will have 8 real sets. Pretty close to 7 isn't it?

The stranger fact is the lack of episode 1 sets, in that i can agree.

It's not that strange...if CW and OT sets sell better they'll continue to give the people what they want, regardless of Ep. I going to theaters.

It's not that strange...if CW and OT sets sell better they'll continue to give the people what they want, regardless of Ep. I going to theaters.

You're right on that. But usually companies act as if people were sheeps and buy what they see on screens... And usually they are...

Edited by Petit-bleu

You're right on that. But usually companies act as if people were sheeps and buy what they see on screens... And usually they are...

I still think AOTC will have a bigger impact than PM set-wise. TLG will want to re-release some of the main CW sets as AOTC while it's in theatres, and we all know how much kids love the CW. Seeing AOTC will probably get them all hyped up. Well more than TPM did anyway.

Edited by brickbuilder

but I think this is the point that's being made, LEGO are changing. They probably feel they need to change their strategy if they are going to attract new fans. There is more competition than ever in construction toys and some are even getting popular licenses. If Lego doesn't try to move forward then it will go backwards.

They have to keep it fresh. Bring it on!!

What would make you think Lego needs to change their strategy to attract new fans? Is their current strategy failing? Has Lego not seen the profits/sales they expected? Or, are these more assumptions?

Can I get a HELLs YEAH? Also email me the pics

The rumour that there will be a new X-wing is got a bit more credibility to it now. I mean what will the Tie Fighter fight?

Whoa. I was reading through the beginning of this thread, and I found this post. There was a rumour we would get a new X wing. I guess that backs up what Mirandir says a bit. Just a little snippet of info I found, nothing big.

Edited by brickbuilder

Guys, hasn't Mirandir been on this forum for 4 years already?!?

Yes, and in that time he hasn't given us a single SW rumour until now. I find thta oddly suspicous, especially with the wild nature of these 'changes'.

My God...this is insane! I don't visit for a day and I loose track of everything! :wacko:

Collectable SW minifugres in sets of 3? What's this all about? And did I see a RotS set rumor?

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

Dose anyone think we may have a chance of getting some other podracers (This Is Just An IDEA!!!!)

We could get a new gasgano pod or mawhonic's pod or both, we just need something to race the other pods and this could be a good chance to get a shimi and new pit droids

Edited by zlego

I think maybe he deserves the benefit of the doubt. If these sets are confirmed then I'm very grateful to Mirandir for giving us something to get our teeth into. If they aren't confirmed then really what is the harm??

Mostly agreed. After the 2011 'rumors' we got at the beginning of the year, I tend to doubt any similar rumors I hear. Though Mirandir does appear to have been right about his previous rumor presented, the Architecture Brandenburg Gate.

Collectable SW minifugres in sets of 3? What's this all about? And did I see a RotS set rumor?

You did. It's confusing.

Dose anyone think we may have a chance of getting some other podracers (this is just an idea)

Would could get mabey a new gasgano pod or mawhonic's pod or both, we just need something to race the other pods and this could be a good chance to geta shimi and new pit droids

This is the kind of speculation that's been making this topic hard to read and needs to stay in the Future Star Wars sets topic.

Yes, and in that time he hasn't given us a single SW rumour until now. I find thta oddly suspicous, especially with the wild nature of these 'changes'.

He could think he is telling the truth, remember when commanderneo was fed false rumors last year, so it may not be Mirandirs fault if they are false, or it could be the truth, or a joke, or anything :laugh:.

(It must be one of the above :wink:).

Thank you very much for this information, Mirandir and nrg! :classic:

I'm really surprised that there'll be that many OT sets in the first half of 2012. :thumbup:

Hopefully the three remaining OT sets will include some new and amazing minifigs.

I don't like it that TLG will combine both factions (Imperials and Rebels) in only one BP. Of course this offers more playability but it even avoids the possibility that we can get great and not that common minifigures in this BP. E. g. I hoped for an Endor Rebel Commander or Endor Luke in a Rebel Endor BP and for a black-suited Imp. Officer or an Imp. Trooper in an Imperial Endor BP. But now that won't happen. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

I am still on the fence about the rumors... the battle packs idea doesn't sound that far-fetched to me. I am all for believing Mirandir, the only harm that comes with believing in false rumors is disappointment and that happens to people all the time.

PS: A palpy arrest would be pretty legit. We could have some serious potential with that one.

That's the one! :cry_happy:

Now what could someone's MOC be doing in the LEGO.com archives?

This is the kind of speculation that's been making this topic hard to read and needs to stay in the Future Star Wars sets topic.

Well, Mirandir said that "[o]nly two sets could be said is linked to episode 1 and both of theese are from the new concept" so it's certainly a possibility. I don't mind speculation as long as it's based off the information we've been given...

Now, speculation with no basis, like sets from Attack of the Clones - that's what had been derailing this thread before Mirandir came along.