wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Finally his necklace should be a different colour in my opinion as it is hard to tell it apart from his hair. :hmpf_bad:

Um, that's his beard :wink:

I absolutely love the new dwarves, my favourite has to be Bombur. I really didn't expect TLG to produce this amount of new moulds :wub: Now I can't wait to see the rest of them :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I don't think PJ would've kept the Wargs like that. Filming began a bit over a year ago, and has ended recently..

For some reason I still think the Wargs should be TTT style, unless anyone can confirm otherwise? The poster depicts them as more wolf-like,

but I'm still hoping for those Wargs to be TTT-styled... I mean, they're shown as shadows after all, we can't be sure

and it would count as a 'continuation error' when placed next to the LOTR movies for me.

I hope they stay similar to Two Towers just for continuity sake. I really don't want "Hobbit" Wargs and "LotR" Wargs when they are suppose to be the same thing.

Wow! I'm surprised to see so many people disliking Bombur minifig, it is my favourite. Without that new mold I believe that the Bombur minifig would have looked weird.

On the other hand I've just realized how all this new molds will increase the prices of this sets, and at this rate each set will have at least 20 cents per piece rate :cry_sad:

He looks weird with the new mold, too. That belly is very oddly shaped, and it ends way too high.

I don't know any of their names, but I actually like Bombur's belly. I think TLG did a great job portraying that in minifig form. There wouldn't be another way to go about it really. I am excited to see more of the figures! I know absolutely nothing about The Hobbit books/movies, so this is all new and exciting to me.

I don't know any of their names, but I actually like Bombur's belly. I think TLG did a great job portraying that in minifig form. There wouldn't be another way to go about it really. I am excited to see more of the figures! I know absolutely nothing about The Hobbit books/movies, so this is all new and exciting to me.

If you have any plans to get interested in The Hobbit, read the book first.

Also, I was taking a closer look at Bifur's movie appearance to see the chunk of axe in his forehead, and now that I've seen it it more detail, I think it will most likely be printed onto the head. I doubt LEGO would make a headpiece that so openly shows a chunk of axe protruding out of a characters head.

In the "LOTR/Hobbit Future Sets" thread people discuss the importance of some dwarves being heightened in the upcoming films. I think it will be the case.

ESPECIALLY Bofur, who's played by James Nesbitt, very well known actor in the UK.

I have just finished reading the book, so it's fresh in my mind, and

from memory I can't even name one scene or one line from these or one instance where these six dwarves have any relevance:

Dwalin, Oin, Ori, Nori, Bifur, Bofur.

Gloin gets one line in Bag End. I can't even remember anything else from him for the rest of the story. I expected much more from Gimli's dad.

Balin gets lots of attention. Definitely the most important (and most mentioned) dwarf next to Thorin.

Fili and Kili act the scouts of the group quite often.

And they are among the 3 dwarves who don't survive the adventure.

Dori is very important around the Goblin/Wolves/Eagle part of the story (he saves Bilbo quite often), then vanishes from relevance around when the party meets Beorn.

Bombur is the comic relief of the story. Tolkien loves to say "poor fat Bombur is coming last again".

Dori is the strongest of the bunch, a decent fellow. He rescues Bilbo in Goblin-town, and thereafter Thorin considers it Dori’s job to carry Bilbo or rescue him any time he’s in trouble.

Balin starts the story as simply the group’s look-out man. His importance increases after Thorin’s capture when Balin automatically becomes the leader because he is the second oldest Dwarf in Thorin & Company (178). Thorin, of course, is the oldest (195). They are the only ones who can remember Smaug’s attack on the Lonely Mountain, and Roäc the Raven remembers them. Balin returns to visit Bilbo at the end of the story. He is probably Bilbo’s best friend among the Dwarves.

Dwalin is perhaps notable for his dark green cloak and hood, of which he has an extra set that he lends Bilbo at the beginning of the story (which is what Bilbo wears for the whole story).

Mostly, rhyming names indicate brothers. IIRC, Bofur and Bombur are brothers, and Bifur is their cousin. They are the only ones who are said to be not of Durin’s line (perhaps descended from the folk of Nogrod).

Fili and Kili are Thorin’s nephews. They are the “young” ones (by some 50 years) of the group. They have yellow beards, and all the rest are said to look like “grandfathers”. (Obviously, they are changing that fact in the movies, presumably for the sake of some very questionable sex appeal.)

Oin and Gloin are in charge of starting campfires.

In The Lord of the Rings, Ori and Oin go with Balin to Moria. Ori wrote the relevant passages in The Book of Mazarbul because he was the last of the three to survive.

Edited by Falconer

Gandalf is once again, amazing, and of course I love Bilbo. Hobbits in minifig form are almost too amazing to handle. But in this wave, the dwarves capture my attention! All of the intricate details help to feed my opinion that LOTR/The Hobbit has the best minifigs ever produced. I love the beards and that hat/hair is something completely new and beautiful. Is that a stomach bulge for Bombur I see? :excited: Well, I can't wait for the sets!! :wub_drool: Thanks again Lego, for the amazing sets and the amazing figures.

EDIT: I think I might've said "amazing" a few times too many. Oh well, it's true. They are amazing! :tongue:

Edited by purpleparadox

In the "LOTR/Hobbit Future Sets" thread people discuss the importance of some dwarves being heightened in the upcoming films. I think it will be the case.

ESPECIALLY Bofur, who's played by James Nesbitt, very well known actor in the UK.

I have just finished reading the book, so it's fresh in my mind, and

from memory I can't even name one scene or one line from these or one instance where these six dwarves have any relevance:

Dwalin, Oin, Ori, Nori, Bifur, Bofur.

Gloin gets one line in Bag End. I can't even remember anything else from him for the rest of the story. I expected much more from Gimli's dad.

Balin gets lots of attention. Definitely the most important (and most mentioned) dwarf next to Thorin.

Fili and Kili act the scouts of the group quite often.

And they are among the 3 dwarves who don't survive the adventure.

Dori is very important around the Goblin/Wolves/Eagle part of the story (he saves Bilbo quite often), then vanishes from relevance around when the party meets Beorn.

Bombur is the comic relief of the story. Tolkien loves to say "poor fat Bombur is coming last again".

Oin is a bit of a fire starter with his tinder box. Ori wrote last part of the Book of Mazarbul, although that's not in the Hobbit obviously. Dwalin lends Bilbo a hood and cloak, and went on to rule Thorin's place in the Blue Mountains. I think he was very, very old for a dwarf when he eventually died. Bofur has a bit in the keg where he ends up really stiff and can't help the others. Nori is not really up to much, neithers Bifur.

EDIT: Ah beaten to the punch by @Falconer.

Edited by thecolossus

Dwalin … went on to rule Thorin's place in the Blue Mountains.

That’s an interesting concept, but in The Lord of the Rings Gloin states that Dwalin is still in Erebor.

I love these new figs, but the first thing I thought of when I saw Bombur's "belly" was that he was wearing an oxygen tank backwards. :laugh:

Anyway.

Now everybody's REALLY, REALLY anxiously waiting to see what Thorin looks like in Lego form. :sweet:

We really need a second Bilbo minifig (adventure mode), as well. Like they did with Frodo.

Well, the picture's filename includes 79003, which is known to be the set number of an upcoming Hobbit set, and the assortment of figures suggests that this set should be Bag End (Bilbo is wearing his home clothes, no enemies etc.). So it is speculation, but pretty solid in my opinion.

Well that's good to hear, thanks for the info. Now given the set # and the amount of mini-figs, any idea if it will be a larger set. It would be nice to get a detailed, enclosed, bag end.

Well that's good to hear, thanks for the info. Now given the set # and the amount of mini-figs, any idea if it will be a larger set. It would be nice to get a detailed, enclosed, bag end.

The LOTR sets with 6 minifigs were, uruk hai army and moria+cave troll), I guess this set will be in the morie price/size range.

Cause uruk hai army has more minifigures than it's size demands.

I dont think we'll get an enclosed bag end, the back side should be open.

The LOTR sets with 6 minifigs were, uruk hai army and moria+cave troll), I guess this set will be in the morie price/size range.

Cause uruk hai army has more minifigures than it's size demands.

I dont think we'll get an enclosed bag end, the back side should be open.

I dunno, Mines of Moria came with the huge Cave Troll which has to count for something. If I had to guess, I would say $50-60 depending on the piece count and as long as we don't get any other big molds. That's right where Weathertop was, and Weathertop had 5 minfigs + 2 horses and was slightly over priced compared to the other sets. I just can't see Bag End being 80 bucks and only having 6 minifigs, unless they do a fully enclosed set. Who knows though, we will hopefully see in a few more days!

I belive that Bag End would be same sized and priced as Weathertop (60-80€ dependin on the country). Moria had, as mentioned, the cave troll, and a big battle set would be better seller than a big peaceful hobbit hole.

Wow, these figs are awesome!!! I really hope they'll make some new moulds for axes and warhammers as well, not just use the clip axe all the time ... can't wait to get more details from the CC!

^If we'll have to deal with old weapon molds, its understandable with all the new hair/beard molds!

I've put together a picture with the minifigures, the movie charcthers and the names for people intereseted!

344uo0k_th.png

Click for bigger. Will be updating it when we get more proper images.

Edited by deskp

pretty damn sweet looking figs!

If these are all from one set, the set being Bag End, and this implies it being around the same size as weathertop maybe moria I'm a bit disappointed though. Was really hoping for Bag End to be of helmsdeep size. :sad: Screw the fact that it's to peacefull I want Bag End to be as big as can be :tongue:

pretty damn sweet looking figs!

If these are all from one set, the set being Bag End, and this implies it being around the same size as weathertop maybe moria I'm a bit disappointed though. Was really hoping for Bag End to be of helmsdeep size. :sad: Screw the fact that it's to peacefull I want Bag End to be as big as can be :tongue:

I am wanting it to be the opposite- as small as it can be so that it is as cheap as it could be, i want to be able to get these figs and still afford some other hobbit sets!

Apart from 13 dwarves, I'm hoping for a lot of elven minifigs. Apart from a Bilbo, Gandalf, the 13 dwarves, few orcs, Beorn and a few men/hobbits, there are a few elven characters with a story. So hopes are up.

- Elves of the Woodland

- Galadriel

- Elrond

- Legolas

- Galion

- Tauriel

Also hoping for a few trolls though :)