CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

The Sandman set looks like a junior set with those big bricks and cartoony stickers. I'm not feeling that set at all. Also poorly designed. Too bad, because i really would like a proper sandman and a redboots spidey. Those red boots will look great on comic cap america too btw.

Now I have watched some episodes of USM and it's not like the classic series I remembered from the 1970's.....it's very cartoon like with it's humor, etc., so hence the sets follow in the same vein.....coolness added with silliness and that is a very hard balancing act for Lego and Disney to do ! :wink:

I just watch MichaelMGF video and he has a close-up of Mifigure section of the Ant-Man box.

yellow jacket has a different head and there is mechanical printing in the mouth area of Pym's head.

The Ant-Man set is also a really great $20 set. Really excited to see the final battle of the movie take place on a kitchen table. The bricks and crews were a really clever idea. Not sure why the ants are blue but I'm ok with that. Better blue than boring brown. Kinda disappointed the mouth is revealed on the helmets because that's not how they are in the movie or in the fanmade pic of Ant-Man, which would have looked way better. But I'll get over it because that Yellow Jacket is boss. Also I think it was pointed out but the helmets are switched from the display and on the box art. I think the box art one is correct because Scott has the suit he has in the movie with the lighter grey helmet and Hank will have the darker suit and helmet, either as a prototype suit or a new suit.

From Bricks to Bothans has the best quality and quantity of pictures: http://www.fbtb.net/

The Ant-Man set is also a really great $20 set. Really excited to see the final battle of the movie take place on a kitchen table. The bricks and crews were a really clever idea. Not sure why the ants are blue but I'm ok with that. Better blue than boring brown. Kinda disappointed the mouth is revealed on the helmets because that's not how they are in the movie or in the fanmade pic of Ant-Man, which would have looked way better. But I'll get over it because that Yellow Jacket is boss. Also I think it was pointed out but the helmets are switched from the display and on the box art. I think the box art one is correct because Scott has the suit he has in the movie with the lighter grey helmet and Hank will have the darker suit and helmet, either as a prototype suit or a new suit.

From Bricks to Bothans has the best quality and quantity of pictures: http://www.fbtb.net/

Thanks for the link!

Loving the Quinjet. I hope we get pictures of its rear hatch soon, I wonder how much space is there to fit minifigs.

A lot of people seem to have the other Avengers sets so I don't think it will be too long before we get a review of the new Quinjet. :grin:

Based on the set display at the Toy Fair, does everyone think that the Chima ice piece won't be adapted to a sand color in the Sandman set like we saw in the preliminary photo?

Yup, the sets should be out any day now. My Walmart already has labels for the sets on the shelves! :grin:

My Walmart put the labels out on Friday, but they are still not on the shelf.

These latest set are really cool. We get a new spider man and carnage in what looks to be a <$20 set, and we get Iron spider! But I have a question, I thought iron spider was Peter Parker but we're getting 2 Spider-Man's in that set. Also I thought hank pym was also antman and yellow jacket, all 3 in 1 set? Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining bcus I love it, but I guess I'm missing some of the lore

I'm just shocked that Carnage has arm printing! :grin:

I know, it's awesome! And he has "foot printing" or whatever you want to call it. Really great figure!

Speaking of Quinjet pictures... found THAT sucker at a distant Walmart! :purrr:

16555485515_5c52da262a_z.jpg

16368018950_7285db3623_z.jpg

16555485225_8ed7da321e_z.jpg

16529491496_5a0d2b8f44_z.jpg

16367834648_ee751c1c34_z.jpg

16369583277_bd4cf3bb45_z.jpg

16369188949_5a40baf9a8_z.jpg

^ (that's a wall between those two compartments)

16555485585_9d64546710_z.jpg

16555485665_039a057e69_z.jpg

16555485665_039a057e69_z.jpg

So, I'll say this- I like this set as a whole better than the last Quinjet set. Not only is there more stuff to play with, but there's more interesting minifigures, and the overall design is much more interesting. I love the blue and white color scheme, and it looks more slimmer than the last Quinjet. The last one had a little more interior room to stand in, but I like the two dropping features better than the last sets' dropping feature (this set has a minifigure on-rope dropping feature and Cap on his cycle dropping feature). This feel like a much better value for its $80 price point than the last one's $70 price point.

Also, Vision has a cape material similar to Vitruvius more than the new cape material, so I know a lot of y'all will be happy!

Edited by just2good

Speaking of Quinjet pictures... found THAT sucker at a distant Walmart! :purrr:

^ (that's a wall between those two compartments)

So, I'll say this- I like this set as a whole better than the last Quinjet set. Not only is there more stuff to play with, but there's more interesting minifigures, and the overall design is much more interesting. I love the blue and white color scheme, and it looks more slimmer than the last Quinjet. The last one had a little more interior room to stand in, but I like the two dropping features better than the last sets' dropping feature (this set has a minifigure on-rope dropping feature and Cap on his cycle dropping feature). This feel like a much better value for its $80 price point than the last one's $70 price point.

It looks so awesome! Thanks for getting this out as early as possible, you never disappoint. :laugh: I guess I was right about thinking it would only hold three minifigures but that's okay.

Edited by LuxorV

Looking at the fbtb video for the Sandman set, it looks better. The crane is really well built but the construction site still feels like it's missing something.

It's cool how LEGO tried to combine the setting from the final battle from Spider-Man 3, Rhino from ASM2, and the other figures from Ultimate Spider-Man.

Wow, thanks so much for the pictures. The figs are all really nice. I must say I'm really surprised Ultron doesn't have printed eyes on his head. And also I'm sad the Quinjet can only hold like 2 Avengers. But a good set nonetheless.

Nice pictures. It did look better than the previous version. Are iron man and captain the same as other sets? It looks like it might be the same as the tower set.

Amazing as always, just2good. The rear interior is a bit smaller than I'd like, but it's not like I display my figs inside my sets anyways. This seals the deal for me, I'm definitely getting the Quinjet! Can't wait to get home from work to watch your video.

Now that I'm seeing that Black Widow fig, I really wish they had given her arm printing. Or at least give her arm printing on the helicarrier fig...

Also, how long till we get an Iron Man with arm printing? He kinda needs it, imo.

Edited by Ultron

Thank y'all for the feedback! Always appreciate it. :classic:

Nice pictures. It did look better than the previous version. Are iron man and captain the same as other sets? It looks like it might be the same as the tower set.

Yeah, this Iron Man comes in three sets, but the one in the smallest set from this wave is different from this version. This Cap comes in the Fortress set and the Helicarrier set (except that version doesn't have the same head).

quick question that I dont think anyone can answer, since marvel and sony "share" spiderman and he is now a part of the mcu, can lego make spiderman sets based off the new movie in 2017?

Edited by Chris12399

quick question that I dont think anyone can answer, since marvel and sony "share" spiderman and he is now a part of the mcu, can lego make spiderman sets based off the new movie in 2017?

Lego--if Marvel would let them--could make sets based off of any of the movies; Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four; anything. This is because Marvel still holds all of the merchandising (ergo toy) rights to their properties. That doesn't mean however Marvel wants to be selling toys for a movie they did not make and don't want to support (Lookin at you FF). It's the same reason we don't see action figures based off say the X-Men movies--Spider-Man however is a top seller, so Marvel does allow somethings. I think it seems likely however that we may get some tie-ins with the future Spider-Man properties since he will be incorporated into the MCU. Granted it's all what Marvel will allow Lego to make.