Sign in to follow this  
LegoFjotten

[SoNE Ep.II] Abandoned outpost

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The storm had hit us hard. One of our support A-Wings was the first to spin out of control. I followed it with my eyes as it went down, and it was pure luck that I spotted the small canyon next to the crash site. We quickly headed towards it hoping to find some refuge from the storm. As we approached the canyon, the engines of our skiff cut out - we had to go on foot the last few hundred yards. We were surprised to find a few small buildings tucked into an alcove along the wall, but didn't hesitate to get inside to wait out the storm.

Once the worst of the storm had passed we peeked outside. What a mess! Both the A-wing and our skiff were beyond repairs, we'd be lucky to salvage any usable parts at all. The outpost itself was in bad shape and had clearly been abandoned for some time. I could see a speeder wreck, and what looked like a small air defence cannon that at one point must have taken a direct hit. I didn't even want to know what kind of animal the large skull next to the building belonged to.

"Hey look!", trooper Daxter yelled, "this generator and power lines looks to be pretty much intact. We might be able to get the communication dish up and running." I looked at Daxter and my new friend Dreb and giggled to myself. Me and Dreb were both dressed up as bounty hunters to get close to the Black Sun without arousing to much suspicion, and we looked like we fit right in with this sorry excuse for an outpost.

30 minutes later we had the generator and power lines all patched up, and using a transmitter pulled from the A-wing wreckage we started transmitting our location. Hopefully rescue was not too far away....

10763212215_ecf1bb141a_c.jpg

Some details:

10763213875_8274d611a2_c.jpg

Extra parts:

3 sails

2 1x6 curved slopes, inverted

1 roof piece

1 burp

8 minifig pieces

2 planet pieces

Total: 17 pieces

What a nice entry! I love the building, very well made! The ground piping and all the machinery around is also well done. I like it that there's some recognizable parts - from the A-wing. That's how I imagined this episode to look like ...

You optimized the limitted amount of bricks you had available (plus the extra parts of the Tatoine set :wink: ) out standing.

You've made random parts look really good as a Tatoine hut. Definitely my favorite part. Just incredible!

I love the hut! Some great other features too with the radar dish, the skull and the ground cables.

You made great use of your additional parts too, IMO. The sails are great, as is the addition of the roof piece. I was expecting this with more of the other episode II entries too.

Nice, excellent design and use of elements like the skull, added sails, and Bespin.

From SoNE Episode II: Escaping from the wreckage:

Stopped working on my entry after the rule change, but may submit it in it's current state even if it is weak.

I don't know what's wrong with you Fjotten, but this certainly isn't weak. :wink:

Nice work! :classic:

Edited by Lego Spy