You were John?! Wow, I would have expected you to kind of... I dunno... play harder? :look:

I don't really know if that's a good or a bad thing. I think there's not a lot I could have done differently, from my point of view the town won this because of smart night action use, and in such a situation, staying out of trouble and being as helpful is possible is all you can do. I don't think any gambits would really have worked out very well.

I thought that was you, Cecilie.

I was Donald. Was it def or Tammo that was on to me? Either way, being blocked twice and having nothing left prompted me to try draw the scum kill. Especially since it was fairly obvious who the investigator was.

I figured out from Anne's conversation with me that Jo was the protector (work on that in the future, Anne). It was nice, though, that I could tell Cecilie what I was trying to do and get her not to protect me.

So basically, I was a magnet for scum actions every night. Looking back, I don't really feel my blocking was wasted since they wasted their block on me . I would have had to guess their blocker to have been that good with my ability.

I was trying not to play like me. Must not have been to successful with that.

Who was Anne

I was playing as Anne Truit.

SNIP

Who the hell cursed me on Day Three??

That would be me; I was looking to target a vocal player with an inofensive and easy to replicate/remember curse. I was so disapointed when you proved less vocal and did not get to 'use' the curse as much as I had hoped!

In that vein, who cursed me?

SNIP

And to clear up a bit how the town block came together so fast.

I contacted Anne on day 2, because she seemed very pro town to me. She then panicked and freaked out on night 2, afraid she she might die and claimed vig to me and said she wanted to kill Eva.

I then proceeded to comfort her, telling her I was the protector and that I was protecting her. I trusted her from then on.

SNIP

I was paranoid on both night 2 and 3 as I was sure that Eva (Mencot) was the godfather. She kept talking about there being one in PMs and was deflecting all suspicions towards John which to me was odd as out of the 2, she was the more likely to be scum.

SNIP

Then when Donald claimed the multi block, I contacted him and and was a bit "wtf, you just sold yourself to the scum". And then eventually, he told me he was the 2-shot blocker, which then led us to know Carl's claim of blocker was false.

SNIP

Donald REALLY did not like my contacting him; her called me out soon after in thread accusing me of phishing. The abruptness of his answer made me back of for the rest of the day. I told him I was probably going to die and he basically said he was the more likely and was usually right about those things. When he actually died I knew he would consder me to be his murderer; am I right?

Great play guys and great game, thanks to the hosts. Ich would still had wanted to kill John :wink:

But the game is over and ich will be glad to get out of this shell of fake german accent blockhead...

Yes please, no more German! This being said, I must commend you for sticking with it; I'm not able to role-play too much, it annoys me after a while!

Also; I'dd like to publicly apologize for asking you to straighten your English; I felt like such a jerk!

Hi I was Eva, the paranoid fake german accent speaking blockhead. :wink:

So CallmePie you were Ell right? Who was Anne and what did you 3 townblock really think of me in the end of the game :laugh:

Who did curse me?

We would have pushed for your lynch on day 5, sorry. Your rambling about the godfather just made me more suspicious of you.

SNIP

I figured out from Anne's conversation with me that Jo was the protector (work on that in the future, Anne). It was nice, though, that I could tell Cecilie what I was trying to do and get her not to protect me.

SNIP

I'll have to go back and check what I told you, but I thought I had been vigilant in my discussion with you not to give away my 'friends'.

SNIP

SNIP

Yeah I saw what I did ... very blatant ... I should have re-read my previous posts before claiming as my doing so automatically gave up Jo (Cecilie). I was convinced of your towniness and as such was not too worried of the repercussions from my claim but I did not intend to give up Cecilie.

Cecilie; I guess I did 'Dave' a little :wink::tongue:

I don't really know if that's a good or a bad thing. I think there's not a lot I could have done differently, from my point of view the town won this because of smart night action use, and in such a situation, staying out of trouble and being as helpful is possible is all you can do. I don't think any gambits would really have worked out very well.

I had John pegged as a quiet and not very helpful townie from early on, who was mostly just making a mess of what he said and didn't even defend himself properly when called out. Which is not the way I expect you to play, I figure you as someone who tries to be more active and will certainly clear up any misunderstandings about yourself. So I just would never have guessed you were John, that's all... But you still managed to avoid being lynched even with people accusing you left and right, so I guess you did something right :look:

I thought that was you, Cecilie.

We do tend to find each other :laugh:. After a while, I was pretty sure you were Donald too :wink:

I was Donald. Was it def or Tammo that was on to me? Either way, being blocked twice and having nothing left prompted me to try draw the scum kill. Especially since it was fairly obvious who the investigator was.

That was really great. I was frustrated about it until you said you had already used your two shots :tongue:. Sadly, they blocked the investigator that night, but we still lynched the right one :sweet:. After Carl claimed blocker, the deal was sealed, thanks to your sacrifice and trust in me :sweet:

The way you were so insistent on not being protected, I almost started to think you might be a PGO or something :laugh:

I really was convinced there was a PGO in this game :wacko:. But I did not guess there were two!

So basically, I was a magnet for scum actions every night. Looking back, I don't really feel my blocking was wasted since they wasted their block on me . I would have had to guess their blocker to have been that good with my ability.

That is actually a good point. I didn't think of that. You drew the blocker to you, leaving the rest of us free to do as we pleased :sweet:.

I was trying not to play like me. Must not have been to successful with that.

I didn't guess who you were until we were talking in private :shrug_oh_well:

I was paranoid on both night 2 and 3 as I was sure that Eva (Mencot) was the godfather. She kept talking about there being one in PMs and was deflecting all suspicions towards John which to me was odd as out of the 2, she was the more likely to be scum.

You never stopped suspecting Eva, I almost had to tie you up to leave her alone for a bit so we could focus on looking at the others :laugh:

Yeah I saw what I did ... very blatant ... I should have re-read my previous posts before claiming as my doing so automatically gave up Jo (Cecilie). I was convinced of your towniness and as such was not too worried of the repercussions from my claim but I did not intend to give up Cecilie.

Cecilie; I guess I did 'Dave' a little :wink::tongue:

Lucky for you he was town :rofl:

I was John. The only person's identity I think I guessed was Eva, who I think was captain nemo?

Wrong! :wink: I was Frank. I don't think I'd have the patience to keep up a German accent like that for so many days!

It was a fun game Hinck. That was the first time I was in an anonymous mafia game, and I think it was nice for the most part, though it did add a whole level of mystery to the thing, though I did feel a bit detached from the game because of it actually. And I didn't really spend my time trying to find out who was who, but it was still nice.

I had a feeling I was going to be killed night two, I just knew it. I was a two-shot watcher, but after a clarification from Hinck I decided not to watch anyone night one, to save the ability so I could watch someone more likely to be scum/or attacked the next night. On night two I watched Jo, thinking she may be killed to incriminate Tony? (Can't remember) more. But I was killed.

Still, it was fun, and I loved the simplistic and dare I say minimal, images used!

SNIP

snapback.pngCorneliusMurdock, on 28 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

That is actually a good point. I didn't think of that. You drew the blocker to you, leaving the rest of us free to do as we pleased :sweet:.

SNIP

Perhaps the scum thought they were blocking the vig due to the absence of kills on day one and two; am I correct?

So do I like it or not? I'm not sure ... It has good sides and bad sides... It feels like it's an advantage to the scum team, really. And in the beginning, I actually thought the scum team was steamrolling us by hiding behind their identities.

This was one reason that while I took away some of the Steampunk roles, I left the Scum pretty basic with just a kill and a blocker. In Harriet Slutter, the Town couldn't find one Scum. I thought the anonymity was an advantage to the Scum there, so I counted that as one of their tools here. Maybe my setup wasn't minimal enough or maybe this Town just did all the right things.

I had John pegged as a quiet and not very helpful townie from early on, who was mostly just making a mess of what he said and didn't even defend himself properly when called out. Which is not the way I expect you to play, I figure you as someone who tries to be more active and will certainly clear up any misunderstandings about yourself. So I just would never have guessed you were John, that's all... But you still managed to avoid being lynched even with people accusing you left and right, so I guess you did something right :look:

Hm, I thought I defended myself enough, and I didn't get lynched, so there you go. :classic:

Donald REALLY did not like my contacting him; her called me out soon after in thread accusing me of phishing. The abruptness of his answer made me back of for the rest of the day. I told him I was probably going to die and he basically said he was the more likely and was usually right about those things. When he actually died I knew he would consder me to be his murderer; am I right?

It really did seem like fishing at first. Before the end I knew you were town. My biggest concern was what you said in thread, though. I was worried that the scum would realize that you had some importance and kill you instead of me.

If I'd lived I probably would have been on the wrong trail and thought Eva was either the godfather or pushed for the investigator being fake. So it's really a good thing for town that the scum took my bait.

I thought Donald would've been a good one to keep around because he was so focused on Eva and the rest of the Town seemed suspicious that he didn't believe the investigator.

It really did seem like fishing at first. Before the end I knew you were town. My biggest concern was what you said in thread, though. I was worried that the scum would realize that you had some importance and kill you instead of me.

If I'd lived I probably would have been on the wrong trail and thought Eva was either the godfather or pushed for the investigator being fake. So it's really a good thing for town that the scum took my bait.

Did I slip? I read and re-read my posts 2-3 times to ensure they were 'clean'. On day one and for the vast majority of day 2 I was playing like I was vanilla. I thought to myself "pfff a one shot vig, what good can I be" and focused on scrutinizing people as if I was vanilla and had nothing to lose. Then when I talked to Jo and she referenced Steampunk, I went and read the whole thing again; it got me thinking that my one shot was actually a great tool to have and toned down my game a bit for day 3 and 4.

Was it my saying I thought I would die?

I would have followed you in a lynch of Eva and I'm guessing a few others would also have; it would have been the perfect 'out' for Carl.

Mostlytechnic here.... personally felt like I didn't do much this game. Had the 1 shot PGO that I used the last night after claiming (in case someone tested the claim) but otherwise didn't have the time I usually do, plus hard to keep track of everyone's block figs! I remember the character images more than names (particularly at first) so needed some time to get names/faces together.

I think I was the root source of all the cursing though - that puzzle from the hosts, I won. My prize - had to do 1 of 3 things each day. Either I could curse someone (and had to decide what the curse would be), could give 3 others the ability to curse someone, or pick a flavor for the day. Not too familiar with flavor and curses in mafia, so I was pretty bummed with the prize. I was assuming I'd get something good, not something just annoying to everyone :)

Fun game, glad to win, and thought the minimal thing was very well done. Thanks!

This was one reason that while I took away some of the Steampunk roles, I left the Scum pretty basic with just a kill and a blocker. In Harriet Slutter, the Town couldn't find one Scum. I thought the anonymity was an advantage to the Scum there, so I counted that as one of their tools here. Maybe my setup wasn't minimal enough or maybe this Town just did all the right things.

We did all the right things :grin:.

I thought Donald would've been a good one to keep around because he was so focused on Eva and the rest of the Town seemed suspicious that he didn't believe the investigator.

I thought they would be too scared to kill him. He was making himself too obvious a target, usually when someone does that, I think they are deliberately trying to do so, and thus there's a catch in trying to kill them...

Yeah, Dave, it was the talk of you dying and stuff you said about knowing a few roles. There wasn't a reason for the scum to kill you over anyone else unless they knew you had a night action. I thought you were broadcasting that you had a role with that post.

Yes, please stop it!!! So annoying... :tongue:

Yes please, no more German! This being said, I must commend you for sticking with it; I'm not able to role-play too much, it annoys me after a while!

It was so much fun to role play and keep it for the whole game, too bad John (scuba) cursed me for one day so I had to speak normal :classic:

But i did say I will role play and when I got a role (american german) this good that it was easy to come up with something stupied like writting in a mixed accent. Next time I will over act the role playing even more (now when I said this no Host will have me anymore in their games :grin: )

I was playing as Anne Truit.

In that vein, who cursed me?

It was me, sorry :wink: at that point I found you really annoying. Should had come up with something better to make you say but I hadn´t noticed Hinckley´s PM so I had to come up with something quickly that I wouldn´t delay the day start. :classic:

It was so much fun

Also; I'dd like to publicly apologize for asking you to straighten your English; I felt like such a jerk!

No it is Okay (not ok-ey), I didn´t take any offence from it :wink:

Thanks for letting me play Hinck and Trumpet. :sweet: I really like these small games and it was nice being able to play anonymously again.

I thought Sol was a PR

That was me. :cry_sad: What made you think that?

I was Carl, obviously.

I didn't really spend a lot of time trying to figure out who was who, but it was quite clear who you were. I was kinda disappointed you didn't try to persuade the town not to lynch you, but I guess there wasn't a lot you could do.

Hm, I thought I defended myself enough, and I didn't get lynched, so there you go. :classic:

Yes, but you were a major distraction on Day One and Day Two.

Revealing the results on you and Mencot probably really changed the direction Day Three was going to go, unless I was reading everyone wrong. You were the top two suspects, if not a lynch you still would've gotten at least a few votes.

I'm sorry! When I looked back in the middle of the game, I realized it was probably you. I've now killed you first twice. Poor Rick.

Yeah, you seemed kind of assertive, yet still hung back a bit. You kind of played like Darth Potato in CMF (good scumhunting and active, but not as "large and in charge" as vanillas get), and I guess part of me still registered that as protector play.

I didn't really spend a lot of time trying to figure out who was who, but it was quite clear who you were. I was kinda disappointed you didn't try to persuade the town not to lynch you, but I guess there wasn't a lot you could do.

The entire reputation of me never giving up is completely due to IMHOTEP, where I only kept fighting simply because I'd been doing well up until that point and was hoping to ride on my past. I was totally out of the loop through all of this game, and as far as I can see, I was on a few peoples radars as at least questionable, if not scummy, before I was finally put up for lynching.

I did definitely try at the end though; I claimed blocker to Pie, thinking that Cornelius' distrust for the town block would have kept his mouth shut about the role (because it was rather obvious that he was the blocker - he said he didn't have an important role). Unfortunately, this wasn't true. It was autoloss for me at that point. The person who Corny had claimed to was Cecilie, and it went from me or mostlytechnic to me or Cecilie at that point, and even if I fought and got her lynched, I was 100% the lynch the next day.

And whose fault was that? :tongue:

Answer: people were just jealous of McCracken's innovative art. Probably.

Just gotta say for the record, our art sucks. Seriously, paint thrown on a canvas and sells for millions? My 3 year old could do just about anything shown in this game...

I was Donald. Was it def or Tammo that was on to me?

It would have to be Tammo. I would have been quite happy to do a random draw for blocks, since I had zero guesses for who had PRs. For kills, my main interest was in drawing suspicion. Since the lynch on whoever we killed night one led to a lynch on Tony, that worked well enough. But I had no idea who had roles, and didn't hazard a guess. That was Tammo's game.

So you were the one calling me out for being quiet when I was struggling to find internet on that damn boat :tongue:

Revealing the results on you and Mencot probably really changed the direction Day Three was going to go, unless I was reading everyone wrong. You were the top two suspects, if not a lynch you still would've gotten at least a few votes.

I think it's good that we were able to move on from the day 1 shenanigans without lynching any of the top suspects from that day :laugh:.

The entire reputation of me never giving up is completely due to IMHOTEP, where I only kept fighting simply because I'd been doing well up until that point and was hoping to ride on my past. I was totally out of the loop through all of this game, and as far as I can see, I was on a few peoples radars as at least questionable, if not scummy, before I was finally put up for lynching.

I did definitely try at the end though; I claimed blocker to Pie, thinking that Cornelius' distrust for the town block would have kept his mouth shut about the role (because it was rather obvious that he was the blocker - he said he didn't have an important role). Unfortunately, this wasn't true. It was autoloss for me at that point. The person who Corny had claimed to was Cecilie, and it went from me or mostlytechnic to me or Cecilie at that point, and even if I fought and got her lynched, I was 100% the lynch the next day.

Maybe your new reputation should be that you always give up? :tongue:. But in all seriousness. I don't think there was any way you could have fought yourself to get me lynched on that day. I started the lynch on Dan (who played Dan btw? :look:), I knew who the vig was killing and who the vig was before they did it (and the kill wasn't stopped!). I even suggested vig-killing Robert. I knew who the investigator was, yet Donald was killed instead. They would have had to be crazy to think I was scum over you.

And whose fault was that? :tongue:

Speaking of, how did you manage to count the votes against you wrong on day 1? :tongue: Seems like it would have been important enough to get that right :laugh:

Just gotta say for the record, our art sucks. Seriously, paint thrown on a canvas and sells for millions? My 3 year old could do just about anything shown in this game...

It's minimalist! :tongue:. Your 3 year old would probably overdo it :wink:

It would have to be Tammo. I would have been quite happy to do a random draw for blocks, since I had zero guesses for who had PRs. For kills, my main interest was in drawing suspicion. Since the lynch on whoever we killed night one led to a lynch on Tony, that worked well enough. But I had no idea who had roles, and didn't hazard a guess. That was Tammo's game.

Well, it almost worked. Eva was high an many people's suspect lists, and if the investigator thing hadn't happened, there's a high chance she would have been lynched. Although I was already having my eyes on Dan, there might not have been enough support to get him lynched.

Speaking of, how did you manage to count the votes against you wrong on day 1? :tongue: Seems like it would have been important enough to get that right :laugh:

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure sub-par math skills and possibly alcohol had a hand in that.

Dan here. Thanks for the game, Hinckley and Trumpet. I think I was definitely the weak link in our scum team, I felt like I was pretty hot day 1 but then my activity dropped sharply due to that nasty real life so I made some contradictory posts in an attempt to just seem like I was being active. My 'what to improve about mafia playing' list has been added to accordingly, lol. I figured out that Tammo was Carl pretty early but never guessed anyone else. I'm still pretty much a newb in comparison to you guys, ha ha. :classic:

I figured out that Tammo was Carl pretty early but never guessed anyone else. I'm still pretty much a newb in comparison to you guys, ha ha. :classic:

Didn't you guys on the scum team know who each other was? :look:

Sign in to follow this