Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

That's not too bad I guess. It's still essentially the same as the US version. I just hope it's HD when it gets uploaded...
_

Also, I just saw the alternate DoD, and I have to say I like that one better. 

The ghost textures compared to the other one aren't as good but I got used to it and it wasn't irritating or anything. Heck, i'd take this texturing in the show rather than HoT's visuals. Maybe? I haven't seen much of it so I can't tell.

And the animation is much better, I especially liked how the fights were done. I just didn't feel satisfied with how the fights ended or played out in the other DoD, but this one does good in both. Since the fight choreography is a lot better that means the fights in general are too. I like how Zane vs Cryptor had a lot of trees around rather than just one big tree, and I really like how they ended the fight too. They were grappling, and Zane literally stopped fighting and Cryptor continued pushing and tipped himself over. It felt like an actual way Cryptor could go out. All the attacks done in this version had purpose and each was pulled off good. For example, when Kai was fighting the anacondrai soldier on the bike in the other DoD, it's just, "oh, they're fighting". It's just to fill the time for the real fight direction to advance (ducking under the tree). The alt DoD's version was instead Kai jumping from side to side juggling the two soldiers trying to protect the bike.

The only real instance where I liked the fight scenes in the other one better is how Cole would pick up and swap weapons as he advanced through the temple like it was a dungeon. In the alt, Cole doesn't have much of a strategy than to just find Yang. But even so, the choreography was a lot better than in the other special (especially in the fight with Yang, Cole overcame his fears to the point where he sees Yang's every move in slow motion). 

It was also a lot more apparent to see that Cole's RX ability is magma. In the show it's just orange cracks but in this, it's like peering into a volcano.

Edited by gamejutzu

9 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

I'm surprised no one has talked about this yet (unless you have and I've missed it), but Hands of Time is airing tomorrow on Teletoon, in English. Prepare your insides for tingling. 

Link: https://www.teletoon.com/en/schedule 

I think not that many people noticed or cared as much because it's premiering in UK's Cartoon Network tomorrow also.

5 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I think not that many people noticed or cared as much because it's premiering in UK's Cartoon Network tomorrow also.

Oh, I thought it was airing on UK Cartoon Network on the 25th. My mistake.

19 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Oh, I thought it was airing on UK Cartoon Network on the 25th. My mistake.

Whoops, my bad, I got the two mixed up. The original video I saw it in put UK in the title by mistake, it's actually Canada.

So the episode is up in english... as a cam job. As was the case with DoD in October when it aired in Canada, it was a shaky, blurry cam job scattered with "sub me" remarks. I'll refrain from watching until there's a better quality version. Let's hope the U.K. version on the 25th will be actually recorded properly.

20 minutes ago, legozebra said:

So the episode is up in english... as a cam job. As was the case with DoD in October when it aired in Canada, it was a shaky, blurry cam job scattered with "sub me" remarks. I'll refrain from watching until there's a better quality version. Let's hope the U.K. version on the 25th will be actually recorded properly.

Someone took the audio from that vid and synced it with the Finnish video. The audio still pops at times, but it looks good, at least.

54 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Someone took the audio from that vid and synced it with the Finnish video. The audio still pops at times, but it looks good, at least.

I was just in the process of doing that - thanks for saving me some time and posting it.

Not sure how I really feel about this one. It felt a little too drawn out with little really happening. It was full of little nods to the rest of the season that felt a little jarring at times. Acronix was pretty cool though, I hope he's treated a little differently than the other 'I've-been-gone-for-many-years-now-I'm-back' villains, that trope is beginning to be a little more common than not. Overall, this was probably the weakest season premiere in my opinion, but I am looking forward to how the season progressses. 

Still gonna wait until the UK premiere. I'm not gonna watch ripped audio, especially not with those weird crunches I heard not even a minute going in.

It's okay. Premier episodes for Ninjago usually aren't as good as the rest of the season, but it's a bit odd that they had trouble stretching this episode out when they have multiple new characters and a full story to flesh out and only eight episodes to do it. Do we know how many episodes are being written by the Hageman brothers this season, if any? They and the other writers for Trollhunters seemed to nail giving every episode a purpose and didn't struggle with pacing (although that can be because of no arbitrary time limit being part of Netflix's format) very often, so it's odd that with their influence over Ninjago's story that this wouldn't carry over.

edit: pointless sure, but 2017th post in 2017 yaaaay

Edited by Mandate

2 hours ago, Mandate said:

It's okay. Premier episodes for Ninjago usually aren't as good as the rest of the season, but it's a bit odd that they had trouble stretching this episode out when they have multiple new characters and a full story to flesh out and only eight episodes to do it. Do we know how many episodes are being written by the Hageman brothers this season, if any? They and the other writers for Trollhunters seemed to nail giving every episode a purpose and didn't struggle with pacing (although that can be because of no arbitrary time limit being part of Netflix's format) very often, so it's odd that with their influence over Ninjago's story that this wouldn't carry over.

The Hageman's didn't write any of Hands of Time. Instead, it was written by David Shayne (who also did DoD and that had major pacing issues as well) and three or four other writers. The Hagemans are returning for season 8 though.

This season is ten episodes long. And all of them are written by David Shayne.

Hm. Could have sworn I saw someone say on Twitter they returned for this season, oh well. Is it really ten episodes this season? That's... worrying.

5 minutes ago, Mandate said:

Hm. Could have sworn I saw someone say on Twitter they returned for this season, oh well. Is it really ten episodes this season? That's... worrying.

It's.. always been ten episodes. Since Tournament of Elements. It's pretty much the standard. How's more episodes worrying?

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

It's.. always been ten episodes. Since Tournament of Elements. It's pretty much the standard. How's more episodes worrying?

Not sure why I forgot that it's been ten episodes each season since I haven't watched Ninjago let alone Rebooted in ages.

Not sure why I forgot that it's been ten episodes each season since I haven't watched Ninjago let alone Rebooted in ages.

Ah, that makes sense.

Be careful when you watch those TV-ripped episodes. Not only it is illegal, it may also cause damage to your speakers and your ears due to those clicking and popping sounds.

2 hours ago, makoy said:

Be careful when you watch those TV-ripped episodes. Not only it is illegal, it may also cause damage to your speakers and your ears due to those clicking and popping sounds.

This is not only funny but sadly true :grin:

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

This is not only funny but sadly true :grin:

Yeah I'd rather be patient than be slamming my beak on the table having to endure the awful sound edits.

How far out do they have the Ninjago seasons planned? I'm rewatching the Master Chen season on demand and saw what looked like a character from Hands of Time.

3 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

How far out do they have the Ninjago seasons planned? I'm rewatching the Master Chen season on demand and saw what looked like a character from Hands of Time.

By the time one season is done, they probably have a basic idea on how the next one's going to go. Which character did that character look like?

Edited by GarmaFan

5 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

How far out do they have the Ninjago seasons planned? I'm rewatching Tournament of Elements on demand and saw what looked like a character from Hands of Time.

They usually have more of a close-linking style when it comes to making connections. But they do also plan special plot things (usually) 1-2 seasons prior.

Also, another audio ripped Hands of Time episode. Yay..

Edited by gamejutzu