Sign in to follow this  
Something_Awesome

The Old Republic (SWTOR): Views on current and future sets

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I personally find the Old Republic sets to be awesome. I also very much enjoy the story arch. And, while I know the Knights of the Old Republic story line took place a little before the Old Republic, I would love to see a Darth Malak minifigure.

I also loved how there were several Jedi, a Jedi Council, and a bunch of Sith running around to boot. I certainly hope that Lego makes more Old Republic sets.

I agree with you the TOR sets are very awesome with great figures. The big negative is the price, it's like a limited edition and all TOR set goes for a bigger price. I hope that since it's a popular MMO LEgo continues to make sets from that line though,

While they are expensive, they are cheap on amazon at least (except for the Defender). While i like ordering through amazon, I still use the toysrus price match and pick up in person so I can choose the box.

I've all of the TOR sets and I intend to buy any new ones that would released. :sweet:

Edited by Svad

I'm loving the designs of both the minifigures and the vehicles, so I hope they'll make more TOR sets.

However, I'm not sure Disney is too fond of the game. It looks like they want to create their own expanded universe so TOR might be in the way. I just hope it won't share TCW's fate too soon... but I guess we're safe for now as it seems they're busy rewriting what's after and between the existing episodes.

Edited by Elrond

I love the sets it looks like a promising line, the defender Jedi cruiser set was fantastic with amazing figures

However, I'm not sure Disney is too fond of the game. It looks like they want to create their own expanded universe so TOR might be in the way. I just hope it won't share TCW's fate too soon... but I guess we're safe for now as it seems they're busy rewriting what's after and between the existing episodes.

I doubt heavily that Disney will try to give TOR the axe in order to prepare for their new trilogy. For starters, I don't think that Disney has any jurisdiction over what takes place with the game other than its ownership of the trademark. And more importantly: (this is Disney, after all), it wouldn't make any business sense to cancel a profitable game simply old Walt wants to make everyone love his set of films more than the 70s and 80s cinema classics.

I doubt heavily that Disney will try to give TOR the axe in order to prepare for their new trilogy. For starters, I don't think that Disney has any jurisdiction over what takes place with the game other than its ownership of the trademark. And more importantly: (this is Disney, after all), it wouldn't make any business sense to cancel a profitable game simply old Walt wants to make everyone love his set of films more than the 70s and 80s cinema classics.

Well they did cancel a profitable tv series to replace it by their own after all.

But like I said, I don't think TOR's existence is threatened atm or in the near future. It's just that they might consider it as non-canon in a few years if (when) they start making movies or series about the Old Republic. That's pretty much what is already happening to the TFU games/novels/comics.

Edited by Elrond

Well, I hope they make more sets. Would love for them to go back further in the Star Wars timeline and make a Malak and Bastilla, but it hadn't occurred to me the idea that Disney may have the intention of hindering the production of such sets.

I have the 9497 and I have to say it's pretty great. I've been thinking whether or not I should buy the Defender because Lego really didn't do a great job on it. The interior is seriously lacking and it just seems a bit dull.

I do find the old republic interesting, but the sets, not so much. I have 9497 and while it's ok, I think they could have done a better job with it. The sets look amazing, but they really lack interior and playability compared to the other sets.

I'd like to see Revan and Malak appear at some point, these 2 characters allowed the EU to flourish when it had stagnated a little. Would be nice to get some smugglers or Hutts into the collections.

As a OT fan I was not so excited about the sets. Some of the sets are nice builds but they all end up in the parts pile, I find the sets good parts packs and they provide me with torsos that fits nicely for SW builds.. I picked up a few sets at discount and Im hoping to do so again since the sets don't seem to fly of the shelf's.