Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day Three: Don't Ask Me Why

This is just off the scale of weirdness right now....

Daisy: the only reasonable explanation is that you were showed with glasses because you still had your lunch, but that they were glassless because you were using it that night. It seems if the lunch is eaten and done with previously (or given away or stolen), nothing is shown. We still don't know if the lunches will show anything other than lunch actions though.

Well, but I used my thing Night 1, and I was Flavoured night 1, twice (ladies :wink: ... Sorry, I don't know what means.), so maybe that's why it was there? And Katie used her steak night 1, but was flavorcopped night 2?

No, she said she used it but Shadell already didn't have one.

Wait, if she used it, I would've seen something, right? You used yours and got the lense-less glasses on your table. What the hell did Katie say? I've forgotten since I'm up to my eyeballs in cultist hullabahooza.

Hedgehogs are notorious for making up words. :blush:

Katie said she tried to steal Shadell's lunch, but got nothing.

Well, but I used my thing Night 1, and I was Flavoured night 1, twice (ladies :wink: ... Sorry, I don't know what means.), so maybe that's why it was there? And Katie used her steak night 1, but was flavorcopped night 2?

Yes, exactly.

I forgot about three or four times now, that I want to clarify my lunch: I was missing on the list for some reason as I mentioned before. I chose Steak and I got a steal action as well. I used it on Shadell on the first day/night. I got nothing. Reason why I chose Shadell? Don't know. Reason why I used it so early? I was afraid to lose it otherwise. Thinking about it now, it would have been much smarter to pass it on to a more experienced player or to use it when I have more clues about the other players.

Oh wait. Wasn't there a theory that stealing is a scum action? Right, you got me then. Or let's think about it again. Choosing a steak or a cake or whatever was pregame. Duh.

OK, so Katie used her thief lunch on Shadell and got nothing. So, that's the end of the lunch? You can't use it again? We have two people with results on Daisy that they see a pair of glasses with no lenses. This is after Daisy used her lunch on me. So why don't I see something in Katie's room indicating that she had a thief lunch and used it? Does the clue in Daisy's room mean something more? Or is Katie lying?

Is Daisy the framer after all? :look: I really think the glasses without lenses meant she had a one-shot watch action that she already used. That would be the easier explanation, though, of course, easier doesn't mean true. :ugh:

OK, so Katie used her thief lunch on Shadell and got nothing. So, that's the end of the lunch? You can't use it again? We have two people with results on Daisy that they see a pair of glasses with no lenses. This is after Daisy used her lunch on me. So why don't I see something in Katie's room indicating that she had a thief lunch and used it? Does the clue in Daisy's room mean something more? Or is Katie lying?

Is Daisy the framer after all? :look: I really think the glasses without lenses meant she had a one-shot watch action that she already used. That would be the easier explanation, though, of course, easier doesn't mean true. :ugh:

I think it's just because she used it that particular night. Then it's gone. I'm sure if someone would check Daisy again now, it would show nothing. But that's my theory anyway. Unless she really is a framer.

But technically although the lunch was eaten today, but the action accompanied by it done in the night, so that could explain it... Oh my god lunches are dumb. Just say: You have a can of peaches, IN the can of peaches are a pair of black glasses, you can use that.

For all I know I am really just a lesbian hipster or something. Seriously. There is someone looking for their Bro out there, so I would not be too surprised if that'd turn out to be important too.

Scooter is still being protected. Apparently, the protection half of the jailkeeper lasts the entire day but the block only lasts through the night.

... *huh* ...

Yup. That's what I'm told.

Let this be a fever dream. Let this be a fever dream. Let this be a fever dream.

Otherwise those pills I took earlier, not aspirin.

Fat Matilda, what have you been up to?

I'd like to hear from Matilda. I have some problems with her. She's fat, for one.

I get it... I'm fat. :blush: Though you're not giving me much to respond to...

Anyway, looks like I was wrong about the day killer being a SK, and that there are indeed more day actions out there... assuming that Scooter is telling the truth. Assuming that he or she is... well, the cult would quite an issue from what I've read in my favorite book. And I really would not advise lynching Scooter this early in the game to "test" that claim. Because... you know... that could be really bad if it turns up true. Alternatively, Scooter may be the cult leader, pretending to be the only person who can stop the cult so as to never get lynched. Wouldn't that be clever? And Scooter would certainly know about the cult, so that claim could be "verified" by finding a member of the cult. I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

It sounds like one of the unblockable bulletproofers is the cult, and the other is the person who can catch the cult. It seems like they are mirror roles, so doesn't it make sense if one swings one way, and one the other? So... can we investigate them? Or are they immune to investigation? Could we get the day investigator on Scooter?

I'm still very confused by the day actions. I feel like they MUST be balanced somehow, but I can't think of the balance, unless the scum also have a bunch of day actions that we have yet to see. But two day actions have already cropped up, and if there is a day killer and they are a vig, the scum MUST have a day blocker, right? Do they also have a night blocker in that case?

I don't have much time right now, but here's what I'm thinking.

Well, the jailkeeper seems rather strongly on the level, and if he says he can't confirm that his target, the "Psych", was blocked, then for safety's sake we should leave him today to ensure that we're not overwhelmed by a freaky cult thing. :sceptic: It does seem convenient, but if it's not a lie, then we're screwed it seems. Let's Lynch Janice today and see if we can target someone else for the day-kill.

If there is a day investigator, there must be some sort of day tracker. if they is a day killer, there must be some sort of day protector and something else to counter that. I remember the good old times, where people just did all that stupid shit during the night. Seriously, times were better back then.

I don't feel like lynching Janice. She was called scum by a day investigator who we only know exists by the word of a bulletproof unblockable, get's protection during the day from jailkeepers, psych/investigator who is on a sacred mission to stop the mighty cult and is also looking for the day killer for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like an awesome movie plot, but this is real life. :angry:

I don't feel like lynching Janice. She was called scum by a day investigator who we only know exists by the word of a bulletproof unblockable, get's protection during the day from jailkeepers, psych/investigator who is on a sacred mission to stop the mighty cult and is also looking for the day killer for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like an awesome movie plot, but this is real life. :angry:

True, but lynching Janice would help us sort out this crazy story Scooter has brought forward. Or maybe not. This is all giving me a headache :wacko:

I get it... I'm fat. :blush: Though you're not giving me much to respond to...

Anyway, looks like I was wrong about the day killer being a SK, and that there are indeed more day actions out there... assuming that Scooter is telling the truth. Assuming that he or she is... well, the cult would quite an issue from what I've read in my favorite book. And I really would not advise lynching Scooter this early in the game to "test" that claim. Because... you know... that could be really bad if it turns up true. Alternatively, Scooter may be the cult leader, pretending to be the only person who can stop the cult so as to never get lynched. Wouldn't that be clever? And Scooter would certainly know about the cult, so that claim could be "verified" by finding a member of the cult. I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

It sounds like one of the unblockable bulletproofers is the cult, and the other is the person who can catch the cult. It seems like they are mirror roles, so doesn't it make sense if one swings one way, and one the other? So... can we investigate them? Or are they immune to investigation? Could we get the day investigator on Scooter?

I'm still very confused by the day actions. I feel like they MUST be balanced somehow, but I can't think of the balance, unless the scum also have a bunch of day actions that we have yet to see. But two day actions have already cropped up, and if there is a day killer and they are a vig, the scum MUST have a day blocker, right? Do they also have a night blocker in that case?

Nothing more? This play didn't hit close to home. Through investigating it you kept coming into the story. Not in ways that are apparent in the play, mind you. But I feel you know someone who may have mentioned all of this to you before. Hopefully, I have a private note from you.

Well, yes, naturally.

Well, yes, naturally.

That was to Daisy's latest statement.

What happens if Janice is lynched and found innocent? Scooter will be saying exactly the following: "Harrrrdieharr Fella's Tharrrr day investigarrr be the culprit, he is, he is!"

I am just assuming Scooter is a pirate.

Ahem...

Oscar: So, what's up?

Janice: I'm the watcher. I haven't targeted anyone like you or def because I figure you're too high profile and must already have protection. I targeted helpful people like Dansmith and Ginny.

Oscar: Ah yes, the ever-helpful Ginny. She's been so helpful. :sarcasm_smug:

Guess what, Janice? Even if we're protected, you would still see the killer if they were trying to target us... :ugh:

What happens if Janice is lynched and found innocent? Scooter will be saying exactly the following: "Harrrrdieharr Fella's Tharrrr day investigarrr be the culprit, he is, he is!"

I am just assuming Scooter is a pirate.

If we kill Janice and lynch Scooter, we won't see either affiliation until the morning so Scooter won't have to defend himself.

For some reason, I find this post totally scummy. Lots of conflicting maybes. Maybe she's just helping out. Maybe she's trying to propose very unlikely things to completely distract from the matter at hand because she's scum. I feel it's the latter. The scumdar is pinging me heavy here.

Well you should get your scumdar fixed. I was just trying to point out the different scenarios which could be possible in our current situation. I understand there were a lot of conflicting maybes, but that's what it is. In our current situation there ARE a lot of conflicting maybes.

Maybe this does not make sense, maybe you forgot the the "lunch business" was debunked early enough yesterday by daisy, maybe you will notice that the analysis was confrimed as accurate, maybe you will see that there are no "one-time blocking action"

Here is Daisy's analysis of the lunch situation:

Maybe you are scum!

Have a nice day!

Sorry I didn't have the time to read back everything which was said yesterday. I did indeed miss a big part of that day.

h

Maybe you are scum! Who knows?! All I know is that I am not scum. I am a member of the horse loving townies.

So he is a bulletproof townie that can't be blocked or jailed that has a psychiatrist role that also reveals alignment. I don't want to say a lot, but that's pretty much bullcrap.

That's not possible :grin:

Scooter can't be blocked, jailed or hidden from. That was the list. Plus bulletproof. That's the claim.

A Cult Leader is a Cult-aligned player whose Night action is to attempt to recruit other players into the Cult (making them Cultists.)

Cult Leaders are by definition aligned with their own faction.

For more information, please refer to the Cult page.

Variations

Some moderators will force the Cult Leader to commit suicide if they attempt to recruit scum. This would make them Weak.

Some moderators will allow another Cultist (usually the one that has been in the Cult longest) to replace the Cult Leader if the original one dies. However, this makes it easier for the Cult to continue growing, which is not usually desired.

Some moderators will force all allied Cultists to suicide upon the death of the Cult Leader in order to prevent the remaining Cult from essentially being a Mafia without a kill.

The Cult is a third-party group that seeks to recruit players into itself. The recruitment is done by a Cult Leader who is typically the only member of the Cult at the beginning of the game. At Night, it can recruit players into the Cult; these players henceforth lose their previous role identities and become Cultists. The Cult wins when it comprises half of the player list, at which time it controls the lynch and trivializes the rest of the game.

Cultists usually do not have the ability to recruit players, so if the Cult Leader dies, the Cultists are defenseless but must survive until they attain a majority. This can be difficult to do, especially if the Cult Leader only lives long enough to recruit one Cultist.

It is not unheard of for Cult and Cult Leader to be aliases of Masonry and Masonizer respectively, but this interpretation is quite outdated given the notoriety Cults have achieved.

Variations

A common variation of Cult causes all of the Cultists to suicide if the Cult Leader dies. This is to prevent orphaned lone Cultists, but the necessity of this rule is disputed.

Some moderators allow Cultists to recruit players if the Cult Leader dies. However, this becomes completely impossible to balance, as there is virtually no chance of the Cult ever being completely wiped out.

Cults may form a faction, but unlike Mafia, they do not have a factional kill. On rare occasions, they do or may acquire one - this is called Cultafia and is again difficult-to-impossible to balance.

Moderators are mixed in regards to what happens if a Cult Leader attempts to recruit Mafia, as a recruited Mafia player can simply tell the rest of the cult who the other scum are. Options have ranged from the Mafioso simply not getting recruited to the Cult Leader dying to the Mafioso getting recruited and replaced at the same time (so that they don't know who the other scum are). The most common solution is usually the second one.

Use and Power

If the Cult is not exterminated within the first two game Days, they almost inevitably win.

Thus, don't use these unless other people have told you you know what you are doing.

Criticisms

Cults have been criticized for being very hard to balance. For example, the Town could lynch Cultists each Day but still lose because someone else becomes recruited to take their spot. Cults could also overpower the town if they recruit all of the Town's power roles. Most players also find it annoying if a Cult Leader targets a member of the Mafia on the first night if the suicide-on-scum-recruitment rule is used.

Another criticism of Cults is that they can make a player's previous efforts in the game pointless due to formerly pro-Town players (either themselves or others) suddenly becoming scum. This criticism is common to all alignment-changing roles.

If this were all just a dream of Matilda's scripted by a new God, I would meta-dreaming-ly assume that God would not attempt to put a Cult into her first dream. Also, I'm leaning towards lynching Scooter. If he's Town, we know there's a cult. If he's Scum, we're pretty much assured he was lying. We can still kill the cult leader ourselves. I doubt there are three players that can't be killed at night, as someone already alluded to.

Addendum: Killed during the day. Plus, we could lynch the cult leader, of course...