Football (Soccer)

Who's better?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which player is better?

• Messi?
    • Ronaldo? (Cristiano)
    • Ibrahimovic (Sweden)

Hey, you've got to come back to Heroica, Dharkan! :classic:

So, Costa Rica...good going, eh? Didn't actually see the match.

I look forward to watching Argentina tomorrow. :classic:

So far the competition has thrown up some surprises.

Switzerland!!! Superb goal. I'm glad they finally got the winner after the referee failed to award Drmic his goal. Now to beat France on the way to claiming top spot in the group. :laugh:

Goals galore, this has been probably one of the most exciting World Cups thus far even though a lot of the refereeing has been pretty poor.

Switzerland!!! Superb goal. I'm glad they finally got the winner after the referee failed to award Drmic his goal. Now to beat France on the way to claiming top spot in the group. :laugh:

Goals galore, this has been probably one of the most exciting World Cups thus far even though a lot of the refereeing has been pretty poor.

Amazing finish! Well done, really enjoyed seeing that one. Was funny watching Argentina sweat a little too.

"Roy Hodgson has told the England squad that they'll have to tighten their belts next week. He also added that they should not remove them until the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign goes out."

Whatever happens to England this is a great World Cup!

Amazing finish! Well done, really enjoyed seeing that one. Was funny watching Argentina sweat a little too.

Was honestly hoping for more goals from both teams in that game, but I guess one can't complain about three goals in a game.

Well done to Germany. Another great demolition.

Poor Iberians are suffering the biggest losses thus far.

Question: When a player goes offside but is not involved in the play, at what point are they no longer considered offside?

Is it once an opposing team member touches the ball, or the ball goes out of play?

I thought England would have at least went to the R16. Very disappointed. At least we got a point though. I'm very impressed at Costa Rica, they've earned themselves a big "GG" from me :wink:

For now I have no interest in watching the World Cup because England are out, but I'm fancying Belgium over Argentina to advance to the Semis.

I thought England would have at least went to the R16. Very disappointed. At least we got a point though.

For now I have no interest in watching the World Cup because England are out,

Someone lives on cloud coo coo land.... :head_back:

English media will always over hype there teams chances of progression hence why a lot of us Scots will hope see them fail....harder the better. :poke:

England's team is very inexperienced,so I doubt they will progress very far in euro 2016 or at the net world cup.

Someone lives on cloud coo coo land.... :head_back:

English media will always over hype there teams chances of progression hence why a lot of us Scots will hope see them fail....harder the better. :poke:

England's team is very inexperienced,so I doubt they will progress very far in euro 2016 or at the net world cup.

My idea is even if they pass the group, they probably lose in the R16 or quarters by a penalty shootout, that's like a tradition :tongue: .

Ah, the first time I had interest in world football was during the 2010 WC, I watched England lose 1-4 to Germany. Then I said to myself that I will support England no matter that. Stupid decision :grin: . But I'm a loyal person, I never change teams. Same thing as for me supporting Man. United, even after Fergie had retired and the fact that Moyes has broken a few records during his time at United if you know what I mean..

I felt sick for 2 days after the US game. While they were not the better team, they had every opportunity to steal it with Howard in the goal.

Disappointed for the US and Switzerland and a few of the others. Ah well! Interesting semi-final. Looking forward to seeing Germany in the finals and frankly I don't care who against. Leaning slightly towards Argentina, because of Messi, but poor Netherlands need to win the World Cup sometime, right? :cry_sad:

I support Germany in the Semis, but if Brazil somehow pulls off the upset (unlikely without Neymar), I will root for them in the Final. While I supported Costa Rica in the Quarters, I'll be hoping the Dutch can stop Argentina. I have no liking of Lionel Messi.

I predicted a big win for Germany, but this I did not expect. Thanks for returning the love, Deutschland!

Great that both Muller and Klose got on the score sheet too.

I am still hoping Germany will win it overall, being my favourite of the three possible finalists, but I wouldn't particularly be bothered if either Argentina or Netherlands do either. Let's hope that Argentina-Netherlands is as entertaining as this one was. :laugh:

I was really disappointed. I was pulling for Brazil, although if I had to bet I'd have bet on Germany. My wife is from Brazil and is in a real mood right now... I can barely talk to her.

I can understand Brazil losing... but that was just ridiculous. I don't even know what to say. I won't try to take anything away from Germany - like I said, I figured they'd win, but the Brazilian team looked like my son's recreational soccer team vs. world class Germany. The way the game went, by the time they got to minute 40 I was impressed Brazil managed to go 10 minutes without giving up a goal. it was just.... terrible. I don't know the word for it.

If it was the U.S. (who I was also rooting for even though I knew they would likely not get far), I would just shrug and shake my head and get on with life, but Soccer is like a national identity for Brazil... losing is one thing, but not like that.

So Argentina-Netherlands is everything Brazil-Germany wasn't. :look:

Ouch! Another big hit Brazil's way. I feel bad for them, but they didn't really deserve to get that far anyway. :look:

Isn't the poll a bit outdated? Shouldn't we add Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Müller (Thomas, not Gerd), Özil, Khedira, Kroos, Klose and Götze?