Which Dwarf is your Favorite?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dwarf from the new Hobbit line is your favorite?

Vote for your favorite dwarf minifigure :classic:

Thorin

lor040.jpg?1

Balin

lor049.jpg?1

Dwalin

lor050.jpg?1

Fili

lor036.jpg?1

Kili

lor037.jpg?1

Bifur

lor041.jpg?1

Bofur

lor052.jpg?1

Bombur

lor051.jpg?1

Oin

lor056.jpg?1

Gloin

lor055.jpg?1

Ori

lor045.jpg?2

Nori

lor046.jpg?2

Dori

lor047.jpg?2

Thorin. faroverthemistymountainscoldtodungeonsdeepandcavernsoldwemustawayerebreakofdaytofindourlongforgottengoldthepineswereroaringontheheightthewindsweremourninginthenightthefireroarsreditflailingspreadthetreesliketorchesblazedwithlight.

I'm going Balin - somehow Lego managed to catch a hint of wisdom, nobility and whimsy in his minifig which corresponds pretty closely with the version we saw in the movie.

Bofur is quite awesome too.

Thorin is disappointing IMO but nowhere near as bad as Nori who seems to bear an relationship at all to the filmed character.

Dwalin easily. While Balin is my favorite of the characters, Dwalin's beard is wonderfully versatile and looks great. Plus, I just love his head print. Least favorite is Ori. I like his character but I really don't like the minifigure.

Nori, Because of the nice print and awesome berserker hair.

Dwalin a close second. If he had a helm similar to Gimli he would be the nicest minifig. And yes, I know he is bald and doesn't wear anything in the films, but from a minifig point of view it feels incomplete to have a stud on a head.

I voted Thorin as he is my favourite of the 13 dwarves. Lego version of him looks nice too (epically the body printing)

If I can have second vote,I will vote for Dwalin. He looks more like a warrior to me than the rest.

Bofur, simply because of the hat. :wink:

After that, probably Dwalin. (I like green.) And then a tie between the "Santa Clause" Balin, and the "Friar Tuck" Bombur.

Least favorite would be Gloin, his hair/beard piece is big, a bit ugly, and seems to be a grade below the rest. (Poor guy. :hmpf_bad: )

Least favorite would be Gloin, his hair/beard piece is big, a bit ugly, and seems to be a grade below the rest. (Poor guy. :hmpf_bad: )

Totally agree there. All they needed to do was add some paint to his braids/beads like Bifur and he would of been significantly better. As is he looks unfinished.

Totally agree there. All they needed to do was add some paint to his braids/beads like Bifur and he would of been significantly better. As is he looks unfinished.

I agree as well. His beard looks lackluster, like it needs something else.

I'm bumping this because of the new tread that deals with the exact same thing, this topic ahs more votes and replies.

I'm bumping this because of the new tread that deals with the exact same thing, this topic ahs more votes and replies.

What's wrong with just posting in the other thread if they're basically the same?

Identical topics merged. First post updated with Sheepeater's linked pictures.

Ori is boring, but that's not Lego's fault, that's how PJ & crew designed the character.

We don't need multiple treads about the same thing.

True, but the mods give me warning if I bump old threads :cry_sad:

Edited by SheepEater

Ori is boring, but that's not Lego's fault, that's how PJ & crew designed the character.

True, but the mods give me warning if I bump old threads :cry_sad:

I think they only do that if you dont have anything proper to add to the conversation, for example if you go "nice." or seomthing. And the age of the thread might also be considered.

Bofur, for his headgear. Bifur and Oin will closely follow for their beard!

Bombur is definitely my favorite. He has the ingenious hair/beard/belly piece and, in my opinion, is the cutest dwarf in LEGO form. It was about time they made a fat minifigure without only printing curved lines on the torso!

Nori is good because of his awesome hair, Dori is good, Ori, though partially inaccurate, is cute, but my second favorite would have to be Balin. His hair/beard is unique from the rests' (of those who have a hair/beard combo) as it leaves his mouth visible and frames his face. He looks very sagely and I like him a lot. I totally agree with TeufelHund's "whimsy, wisdom, and nobility" description, and these reasons are why I like him.

I also think that Fili, Thorin, Dwalin, Bofur and Bifur are very nice minifigures, too, but Bombur and Balin take the cake (especially Bombur, figuratively AND literally!).

I don't like Óin, Glóin, and Kili.

Óin is not that appealing to me, though unique. My biggest problem with Óin is the beard being a different color on his hair/beard combo. I think LEGO should have either left it unprinted or printed it dark gray, but not white.

Glóin's beard, because it's unprinted, looks like a smaller, orange version of the Hagrid beard. Glóin is boring to me. Óin is overdone (too much beard printing), Glóin underdone (no beard printing).

Kili is sort of ugly to me; the five o' clock shadow and his pursed lips on his calm face just bugs me somehow. Don't know why. I don't like angry minifigs as much, anyway, so Kili can't win.

Winner: Bombur

2nd Place: Balin

Losers: Kili, Óin, Glóin

Runners-up: Dwalin, Thorin, Fili, Bifur, Bofur, Dori, Ori, Nori

EDIT: SteampunkDoc, you compared Bombur to Friar Tuck. Perhaps it would be more accurate to call him "Friar Tuck-in"!

P.S. There are better images of the dwarves on Brickipedia. Right now the highest quality photos are the ones of Dori, Nori, and Ori.

P.P.S. I wish that tan short capes existed. Thorin is severely lacking one to bring out the fur on his torso and complete his cloak. Unfortunately, the short cape does not exist in tan. Or does it? If someone can verify, please do!

Edited by 8BrickMario