wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I find it funny how many explosive functions are on that Great Goblin (I refuse to call him the 'Goblin King' or 'Orc King', in the same way it's a Juggernaut, not a 'Turbo Tank') set and how much carnage you could cause by hitting one part of it. Though, I feel this set suffers from the lack of full rock detailing. The Scribe's (Now confirmed) crane thingie has not enough parts to look good removed from the structure and the ladder part has a huge hole under it. Finally, I'm ashamed the throne has nought under it but a Moria-esque treasure chest revealing mechanism, where there could have been a whole cave part.

Who thinks this set'll have clips to connect Gollum's cave to the side of it?

I've seen at least two sites that have claimed the Barrel Escape is a TRU exclusive, which would make sense everything considered (it wasn't available for pre-order form any other foreign sites, it's a mid sized set, etc.). I've also seen prices for everything listed from a few different sources that seem to match up.

It appears that the site claiming there would be a Lego LotR/Hobbit exclusive was wrong then? I haven't found ANY news on it and haven't seen anything on eBay. Not that I am complaining, I am glad there wasn't an exclusive. It just seemed like there was next to no news at NYCC for the Lego Hobbit/LotR sets.

2lsz8yo.png Ori's back printing.

Bugger, that's unfortunate. The fling makes the torso much less useful. Oh well, nothing a cape cannot hide...

Bugger, that's unfortunate. The fling makes the torso much less useful. Oh well, nothing a cape cannot hide...

What about the back of it? I don't think that should differ too much in design.

What about the back of it? I don't think that should differ too much in design.

That is the back of it.

No it's the front, you can tell if you use your noggin.

I would say it's the back. If you look at the official pictures on the lego site you can see the front in hq and it's different from the photo, posted above.

But I think you can turn it around pretty easy, without anybody knowing it..

No it's the front, you can tell if you use your noggin.

While it is used as front in that picture (judging by the hand holding a stick that can be seen in the right side), it's quite clear that it's officially backprinting - all the official pics are other way round, and the other side is a bit more detailed (except the fling).

2lsz8yo.png Ori's back printing.

This is DEFINITELY the back. The other side has a much bigger belt buckle and designs going down vertical the middle where he buttons the shirt. The back has nothing but a horizontal line.. I don't know of many shirts that button up in the back :tongue:

Description of the pre order characther pack tells us that the "2. AGE SAURON" is infact Annatar "Play as Sauron in the Second Age--the evil lord in his disguise who deceived the Elves into trusting him."

More international purchases!

Crap. Board game price is spot on, so I suppose the others are correct too. No barrel set listed... looks like it's an exclusive.

Man, all this new high-res pictures! The sets look great. I love the play features of the Goblin King set! :sweet:

isnt everything imported to australia always expensive? whats with all the "suprise"

heh wait to see the prices we got here in greece.

ahahaha or the ones we get here in Portugal! Lego solidarity among the repressed European underdogs, LOTR343 :)

Yes, I like the first Hobbit line.

Those minifigures are all very beauty created. (Especially the Goblin King :laugh: )

Do you have any news about the german prices?

Seeing the pictures more and more makes me want the sets even more (even though I was already going to get them). I like seeing the elves more close up. I wonder if the Legolas torso would work well with Haldir's army at Helm's Deep? The dark red/gold color scheme seems fitting. Not that I will be building an army of them necessarily. Tauriel is beautiful. A redheaded elf. We need to keep the redheads alive.

Middle Earth are the only "for sure" sets I will be getting. I'm torn on other themes that I normally collect, so we'll see how that goes.