Ricecracker

Modular Madness

I'm sure you have your plans for voting, but I think, with so many high quality entries (particularly category 3) that there's a case for having two rounds - one to select the 10 (say) finalists, and another in the normal way for those finalists.

I say that as it feels that so many excellent entries deserve plenty of people voting, but it's going to be quite some work to look through 40 (that's my guess of the number) entries in detail.

In any case, I'd suggest a relatively long period to vote - it was a relatively long period to build.

And apologies if I'm speaking out of turn. Many thanks to the mods for setting the contest up.

Lee

My admiration for all the entries. All the buildings and suchlike I've seen have been great, and while I'll firsthandedly admit that I don't stand a chance, it's been fun entering. =)

I'm sure you have your plans for voting, but I think, with so many high quality entries (particularly category 3) that there's a case for having two rounds - one to select the 10 (say) finalists, and another in the normal way for those finalists.

I say that as it feels that so many excellent entries deserve plenty of people voting, but it's going to be quite some work to look through 40 (that's my guess of the number) entries in detail.

In any case, I'd suggest a relatively long period to vote - it was a relatively long period to build.

And apologies if I'm speaking out of turn. Many thanks to the mods for setting the contest up.

Lee

If there's any possiblity that this might be done (I don't know whether the procedure is alterable), I'd like to add my support. I think it sounds like a smart way to do it.

I'd like to agree with LeeMcG too but i'm sure the moderators know what they are doing :) I was going to suggest way back when it started about having 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes instead of the big 1st prize because so many people were saying they would enter the competition and with so many fine entries that have been posted it would still be nice to see 3 people come out of it winners. I will to, apologise for speaking out of turn but sometimes good ideas come from the unlikeliest places.

Nice contest! That will force me to finish my latest modular building!

I'm in!

Really? You were already building one? :doh1: I rarly biuld big biuldings :tongue:

There will be one round of voting as it's quite a bit of work to tally all the votes and I'm afraid that, after voting in the first round, some people might not bother voting again in the second round.

There will be plenty of time to vote.

I'd like to agree with LeeMcG too but i'm sure the moderators know what they are doing :) I was going to suggest way back when it started about having 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes instead of the big 1st prize because so many people were saying they would enter the competition and with so many fine entries that have been posted it would still be nice to see 3 people come out of it winners. I will to, apologise for speaking out of turn but sometimes good ideas come from the unlikeliest places.

Unfortunately, funds for these competitions are limited and we can't always offer more than one prize, especially when there are three categories.

Really? You were already building one? :doh1: I rarly biuld big biuldings :tongue:

Please watch your spelling and refrain from silly replies like this. You're replying to a months' old post.

It's voting time!

banner_640.png

The first Eurobricks / Classic-Town.net Modular Madness contest is a huge succes with 81 qualifying entries in three categories. Thanks to everyone who entered!

Use the following links to see the entries and cast your votes:

Please read the voting rules carefully!

Voting closes on Sunday August 19 at midnight GMT/UTC.

Voting Rules

- You may vote once in each category

- You have a total of 5 points to award

- You may not give more than 3 points to a single entry

- Post your votes in the voting format shown below (list entry number, builder, and number of points awarded)

- You may not edit your post, edited votes will not be counted

- Votes that do not comply with these (simple) rules will not be counted

- Only post your votes here, for discussion please refer to this thread

- You must have joined Eurobricks prior to August 1, 2012 to be able to vote

Examples of Correct Votes

Only votes in this format will be accepted!

7. Phred - 2

19. Hinckley - 3

7. Phred - 2

15. Ricecracker - 2

19. Hinckley - 1

7. Phred - 1

15. Ricecracker - 1

19. Hinckley - 1

21. Pandora - 1

22. Rick - 1

It was hard to vote with all those amazing entries! Great job everyone. :thumbup: I'll take my time this weekend to comment on every entry in the contest.

Lots of great entries indeed! (And sorry I didn't comment on those from the past few weeks, with my move into my new apartment and all the stuff around such a move, I didn't spend that much time online.)

Only votes in this format will be accepted!

7. Phred - 2

19. Hinckley - 3

7. Phred - 2

15. Ricecracker - 2

19. Hinckley - 1

7. Phred - 1

15. Ricecracker - 1

19. Hinckley - 1

21. Pandora - 1

22. Rick - 1

As a fan of a hobby which prides itself on instructions, I embarrassingly admit I posted in the wrong format. Please accept my humblest apologies (and my votes)! :cry_sad::blush:

I voted in the format shown, but I've seen several like this:

number name of creation person's name - number of votes

Is that valid? Just wondering :wink:

As a few have already said, I too have noticed quite a few that haven't read the voting rules properly in the way of the format of there voting post and also the

- You may not edit your post, edited votes will not be counted

Maybe highlight these again for people still to vote so there is no conflict at the end if any votes are close.

The building rules were a little sketchy at the start i.e dark bluey side walk and some have still been accepted without this. Rules should be a little more enforced if they are going to be inplace.

Edited by Trainee

Maybe highlight these again for people still to vote so there is no conflict at the end if any votes are close.

The building rules were a little sketchy at the start i.e dark bluey side walk and some have still been accepted without this. Rules should be a little more enforced if they are going to be inplace.

Entries must be 32x32, and should include a sidewalk in accordance with the modular buildings.

In accordance didn't nessesarialy mean dark bluey, did it? :sceptic:

In accordance didn't nessesarialy mean dark bluey, did it? :sceptic:

A bit further down in that post it states the Modular Standards in quotes.

One of them is

- sidewalk 8 studs deep. Dark bley tiles with a 1 stud light bley tile kerb are standard in Lego modulars, but I think they could be considered optional, the measurements are what is important

After rereading this and the word optional counter-acts the latter. So I suppose I am wrong and anything goes so long as it is 8 wide. This is why I said the rules were sketchy. My apologies

Edited by Trainee

Wow, so many entries, I tried to spread my points as much as I can, so hard to pick my favorites.

I suppose that voting format is meant to make it easier to count the points which makes perfect sense, so many people voted already (I did it perfectly correct :sweet: ).

I noticed some people got my name wrong :laugh:

Voting in the Modular Madness contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote and especially to everyone who entered. As indicated before, we're amazed at both the quality of the entries and the number of people entering. Expect the announcement of the winners soon. :sweet: