sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

The Word of God says that these Purifiers must be posted!

800x600.jpg

I always loved the comic story God Loves, Man Kills, so the chance to make Reverend William Stryker was a must! Plus I never liked that angry face for Steve Rogers, so perfect match.

On 12/12/2016 at 9:54 PM, Skier1215 said:

The Word of God says that these Purifiers must be posted!

I always loved the comic story God Loves, Man Kills, so the chance to make Reverend William Stryker was a must! Plus I never liked that angry face for Steve Rogers, so perfect match.

Nice Mike Pence custom!

GFwB4U8.jpg

Can anyone give me a hand 

I want to create a Vandal Savage minifig

Can anyone give me ideas for his parts such as torso, hair face etc (i was thinking of wolverine face?)

if it also possible can you also list the minifig/set these parts appear in. 

Thank you if you can help :)

2 hours ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

Can anyone give me ideas for his parts such as torso, hair face etc (i was thinking of wolverine face?)

For head and hair, you could either use Thorin's head and black slicked-back Draco hair or black Prince-of-Persia hair. Not sure on the body.

1 hour ago, The Brick King said:

For head and hair, you could either use Thorin's head and black slicked-back Draco hair or black Prince-of-Persia hair. Not sure on the body.

That's great I have those two minifigures as well!

thank you so much I'll have a look at clothing for him 

On 12/3/2016 at 4:23 PM, Zergos said:

Jillian Holtzman's non goggle head from the most recent ghostbusters set. 

Thanks!

On 12/9/2016 at 11:59 AM, LegoTFGuy said:

Throwing my hat in with the CW DC characters customs.

First is Cisco (need to find a darker hair piece), Flash (Slightly modified to break up his colors a bit) and Caitlyn.

Next is (the best approximation I could make of ) Killer Frost, Captain Cold, Savitar (inspired in partially by Duncan Young's custom from a few posts back; not entirely sold on his armor) and Heatwave.

Cisco - Looking pretty good, but if you can find them, I recommend the multi-shaded sleeves that came with that torso originally instead of plain black ones, and also using medium dark flesh hands and the Raj Koothrappali head from The Big Bang Theory if you can, and as for the hairpiece, I'd recommending jumping straight to black ones.

Flash - I don't know if the color breakup quite works. I recommend making the whole figure maroon, save for the torso, head and mask, if you can, and see if that works a bit better. 

Caitlyn - Works well, but I'd recommend either Tauriel or Arwen's heads from LOTR, as Cate has a more cold demeanor than most, and  Danielle Panabaker (the actress), has fairly defined cheekbones, more in line with the elves. The hair and torso work fine, but I'd recommend these legs instead of the navy ones.

Killer Frost - I haven't really seen her as I'm behind on my CW viewing, but I'd say she looks pretty good.

Captain Cold - Those glasses don't really capture CW Snart's goggles . . . I can't say there is much out there to recommend though, sadly enough.

Savitar - Beautiful. I'd say we need to see him a bit more, but he's looking pretty nice.

Heatwave - Absolutely perfect, just stunning.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:31 AM, retrotaco said:

Great White Shark

Try the Voldemort head, and the black/flesh dual molded arm sleeves instead of white arms, and see if that doesn't look better. I know you didn't say anything about the head, but I think that head fits GWS better. Either way, don't take my word for it, mix and match as you see fit. :)

On 12/11/2016 at 11:17 AM, PepperoniBricks said:

Finally put together a Penguin, and some Clockwork Penguins

Something was off about the Batman Movie Penguin's head, and I think you fixed it by popping the old one on the new torso. Nice job! It looks great. The sheer simplicity and beauty of those clockwork penguin minions is driving me nuts! They're amazing!

On 12/12/2016 at 0:59 AM, PepperoniBricks said:

And here's some actual unique characters:

Ragman - Absolutely perfect; and EPU on with the face and the mummy combos. I'm curious, what face is that, by the way?

Bronze Tiger - Interesting choices, especially with the claws (most people use the Wolverine ones, and indiscriminately so), and the robes. I like it!

Amanda Waller/Rick Flagg Jr. - Interesting choice of the Patty Tolan head seeing as most people indiscriminately use the male ones. That Rick Flagg looks really nice too, but I think he could use a more serious head.

Ratcatcher - Beautiful, especially with the use of the Elves hair, the eclectic choice of parts, and the creativity and illegal building technique used for his staff! :D

The Mad Hatter/"Alice" - I never would have thought of using the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent's head for Mad Hatter, nor would I have giving him black clothes, but they both work really well. I also really like the pocket watch tile!

I actually used the same brick for my version of Clock King, until it became a bit scratched and unwieldy. At that point, I created a brick-built pocketwatch, by attaching a clear round 1x1 tile to a gold round 1x1 straight sided plate (usually, albeit erroneously referred to as a 'stud' in AFOL jargon), to simulate the shape of an actual pocketwatch.

15 hours ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

13 hours ago, The Brick King said:

11 hours ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

That's great I have those two minifigures as well!

thank you so much I'll have a look at clothing for him 

Nuns in Crocs,

Were you interested in the TV Arrowverse version of Vandal Savage, or the comic book version? 

2 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Cisco - Looking pretty good, but if you can find them, I recommend the multi-shaded sleeves that came with that torso originally instead of plain black ones, and also using medium dark flesh hands and the Raj Koothrappali head from The Big Bang Theory if you can, and as for the hairpiece, I'd recommending jumping straight to black ones.

Flash - I don't know if the color breakup quite works. I recommend making the whole figure maroon, save for the torso, head and mask, if you can, and see if that works a bit better. 

Caitlyn - Works well, but I'd recommend either Tauriel or Arwen's heads from LOTR, as Cate has a more cold demeanor than most, and  Danielle Panabaker (the actress), has fairly defined cheekbones, more in line with the elves. The hair and torso work fine, but I'd recommend these legs instead of the navy ones.

Killer Frost - I haven't really seen her as I'm behind on my CW viewing, but I'd say she looks pretty good.

Captain Cold - Those glasses don't really capture CW Snart's goggles . . . I can't say there is much out there to recommend though, sadly enough.

Savitar - Beautiful. I'd say we need to see him a bit more, but he's looking pretty nice.

Heatwave - Absolutely perfect, just stunning.

Thanks for the advice. I have woefully little flesh colored minifig pieces, so I'm really just making due with what I have. I did try making Flash as maroon as I could, but it didn't quite look right.

I agree about Snart's head- I actually think that head piece would work much better for Harrison Wells, and if I can get a wheelchair he'll definitely claim it.

I actually do know where the original sleeves from Cisco's shirt are... they're on Crossbones, and he's keeping them.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how well Heatwave came out, given how he was made entirely put of parts I just had lying around.

Speaking of which, got a Bricklink order in recently so I was able to start assembling Team Arrow.

We have Roy/Arsenal (actually a high-quality bootleg don't tell anyone; might end up modding into Thea), Diggle/Spartan (need SW Finn hair/a proper helmet), Oliver/The Arrow (actually my LEGO Dimensions fig so he won't be modded), and Felicity Smoak. Hoping to add at least one of the Canaries and Thea in some form.

AWmIJJt.jpg

8 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Nuns in Crocs,

Were you interested in the TV Arrowverse version of Vandal Savage, or the comic book version? 

Arrow verse maybe mixed with the young justice version, i'm sort of put off with using wolverines face for his face however, i'm think about using barbossa torso from the fountain of youth set. 

6 hours ago, LegoTFGuy said:

Thanks for the advice. I have woefully little flesh colored minifig pieces, so I'm really just making due with what I have. I did try making Flash as maroon as I could, but it didn't quite look right.

I agree about Snart's head- I actually think that head piece would work much better for Harrison Wells, and if I can get a wheelchair he'll definitely claim it.

I actually do know where the original sleeves from Cisco's shirt are... they're on Crossbones, and he's keeping them.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how well Heatwave came out, given how he was made entirely put of parts I just had lying around.

Speaking of which, got a Bricklink order in recently so I was able to start assembling Team Arrow.

We have Roy/Arsenal (actually a high-quality bootleg don't tell anyone; might end up modding into Thea), Diggle/Spartan (need SW Finn hair/a proper helmet), Oliver/The Arrow (actually my LEGO Dimensions fig so he won't be modded), and Felicity Smoak. Hoping to add at least one of the Canaries and Thea in some form.

I like what you are doing with these! Here's my Black Canary.31584121901_375afeb16e_n.jpg

10 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Something was off about the Batman Movie Penguin's head, and I think you fixed it by popping the old one on the new torso. Nice job! It looks great. The sheer simplicity and beauty of those clockwork penguin minions is driving me nuts! They're amazing!

Ragman - Absolutely perfect; and EPU on with the face and the mummy combos. I'm curious, what face is that, by the way?

Bronze Tiger - Interesting choices, especially with the claws (most people use the Wolverine ones, and indiscriminately so), and the robes. I like it!

Amanda Waller/Rick Flagg Jr. - Interesting choice of the Patty Tolan head seeing as most people indiscriminately use the male ones. That Rick Flagg looks really nice too, but I think he could use a more serious head.

Ratcatcher - Beautiful, especially with the use of the Elves hair, the eclectic choice of parts, and the creativity and illegal building technique used for his staff! :D

The Mad Hatter/"Alice" - I never would have thought of using the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent's head for Mad Hatter, nor would I have giving him black clothes, but they both work really well. I also really like the pocket watch tile!

I actually used the same brick for my version of Clock King, until it became a bit scratched and unwieldy. At that point, I created a brick-built pocketwatch, by attaching a clear round 1x1 tile to a gold round 1x1 straight sided plate (usually, albeit erroneously referred to as a 'stud' in AFOL jargon), to simulate the shape of an actual pocketwatch.

Ragman's face is actually from Legends of Chima, of all places. One of the Saber Tooth Tiger minifigs (like in the battle pack) had a mummy-wrapped face, one side with teeth showing and the other side with just the eyes, as I'm using.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:09 PM, TheBigRedCheese said:

Try the Voldemort head, and the black/flesh dual molded arm sleeves instead of white arms, and see if that doesn't look better. I know you didn't say anything about the head, but I think that head fits GWS better. Either way, don't take my word for it, mix and match as you see fit. :)

Oooooh, that Voldemort head is perfect, I don't collect the HP Lego at all, so I had no idea that even existed.  Was he released/will he be released in the Dimensions expansion packs?  Probably easier than tracking down one of the heads from the sets...

Do you mean the actual flesh colored arms, like peach/tan, that hue, for his arms?  Cause he's usually shown as being white over his entire body, I believe.  

Is there a torso that features kind of Hawaiian/Tommy Bahama looking print?  Cause that'd be the perfect torso for him.  

Voldemort is in a team pack with Harry that has just come out, which (if you live in the UK) game have on offer at the moment.

On 12/12/2016 at 0:59 AM, PepperoniBricks said:

And here's some actual unique characters:

31590393155_a648a6bfdb_n.jpgRagman by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

30748906074_86e65ced50_n.jpgBronze Tiger by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

31590392825_9e4aa55e83_n.jpgAmanda Waller by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

31590392455_8e4bb77927_n.jpgRatcatcher by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

30780532523_98eb87110f_n.jpgThe Mad Hatter by Charlie Griffin, on Flickr

These are all great figs, but I am LOVING your Ragman and Ratcatcher! You have a really great attention to detail!

On 12/16/2016 at 6:25 AM, Nuns In Crocs said:

I used the Pirates of the Caribbean Blackbeard head for mine back in the day. For hair, I'd go with the Draco hair in black or, if you're feeling adventurous, Clouse's hair from Ninjago or the Hunter Orc hair piece would be worth checking out for longer options. The Barbossa torso is smart, but you might consider these two options as well (1) (2). When it comes to Savage, anything dark blue and militant will work pretty well for you. I'm actually a little tempted to see what I can do with my parts now!

On 12/17/2016 at 2:06 AM, LegoTFGuy said:

You're very welcome for the advice.

"I did try making Flash as maroon as I could, but it didn't quite look right." - Huh. Sorry to hear that. Hope that you can find a good solution soon! :)

"I agree about Snart's head- I actually think that head piece would work much better for Harrison Wells, and if I can get a wheelchair he'll definitely claim it." - I agree; that head would be better on Wells, although I think the Leonard Hofstadder one from The Big Bang theory may work even better if you can grab it.

"I actually do know where the original sleeves from Cisco's shirt are... they're on Crossbones, and he's keeping them." - Don't know why I said "find" back there, sorry if I sounded presumptuous or anything. In that case, stick with the black ones, as they're the second best ones after the dual-molded ones.

"Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how well Heatwave came out, given how he was made entirely put of parts I just had lying around." - It always manages to surprise me when people say that they made these great figures from parts they "had lying around." In that case, I'd say that that fact alone makes him stand out even more. :)

Roy/Arsenal - "might end up modding into Thea." Do what you will with him, but I'd wish you the best of luck if you do choose to do a Thea mod for Roy, and hope to see the new figure here!

Diggle/Spartan: - "need SW Finn hair/a proper helmet" You summed it up best yourself. As for a proper helmet, may I respectfully posit this one?

Felicity Smoak: I always preferred seperating my Felicity from the TBBT girl a bit, as I always felt like that the TBBT girl was the only thing that I could see when I looked at those figures. I'd recommend trying the 2012 Arkham Dr Harleen Quinzel head and see if that works, but if you like it, stick with it.

On 12/17/2016 at 7:26 AM, Nuns In Crocs said:

Arrow verse maybe mixed with the young justice version, i'm sort of put off with using wolverines face for his face however, i'm think about using barbossa torso from the fountain of youth set. 

I personally think Wolverine's head works fairly well for Vandal, but Thorin Oakenshield's (LOTR), Igor Karkaroff's (HP), Blackbeard's (POTC), and Nizam's (POP) heads work just as well, if not better. On another note, if you're not set on navy colors, I'd recommend Blackbeard's torso/legs as well. Best of luck, happy building, and I can't wait to see your finished figure here on the thread!

On 12/17/2016 at 9:09 AM, linnormlord said:

I like what you are doing with these! Here's my Black Canary.

I've had a similar, albeit unfinished design for my own CW Black Canary floating around, and when I saw your figure, it finally came together! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

On 12/17/2016 at 9:45 AM, PepperoniBricks said:

Ragman's face is actually from Legends of Chima, of all places. One of the Saber Tooth Tiger minifigs (like in the battle pack) had a mummy-wrapped face, one side with teeth showing and the other side with just the eyes, as I'm using.

Thanks for the information! I'll be sure to check that out.

19 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Oooooh, that Voldemort head is perfect, I don't collect the HP Lego at all, so I had no idea that even existed.  Was he released/will he be released in the Dimensions expansion packs?  Probably easier than tracking down one of the heads from the sets...

Do you mean the actual flesh colored arms, like peach/tan, that hue, for his arms?  Cause he's usually shown as being white over his entire body, I believe.  

Is there a torso that features kind of Hawaiian/Tommy Bahama looking print?  Cause that'd be the perfect torso for him.  

Glad that I was able to help! In case you're unaware, Bricklink allows you to buy individual bricks (like Voldemort's head, for example,) online from various sellers. Like Ebay, but exclusively for Lego.

Unfortunately, we don't have plain ol' black and white molded arms, but we do have Syndrome's, from the Disney CMF line. The silver accents are bothersome, but if you're willing to break the purist barrier, grab an eraser and scrub! :D Otherwise, I'd say that you're stuck with the black and flesh molded arms, sorry to say. If that doesn't float your boat, just stick with plain black arms and use white hands. :)

As for a "Tommy Bahama" shirt: If you're not a detail nut like I am, The Lego Movie CMF had the 'Where are my Pants?' Guy, whose torso sounds pretty much exactly like what you're describing, but you'd be stuck with plain blue arms and a bit of yellow flesh peeking out from the top.

17 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I used the Pirates of the Caribbean Blackbeard head for mine back in the day. For hair, I'd go with the Draco hair in black or, if you're feeling adventurous, Clouse's hair from Ninjago or the Hunter Orc hair piece would be worth checking out for longer options. The Barbossa torso is smart, but you might consider these two options as well (1) (2). When it comes to Savage, anything dark blue and militant will work pretty well for you. I'm actually a little tempted to see what I can do with my parts now!

I agree; these are all great combos. Given your skill at recreating some of our other comic book friends, I'd love to see your version of Vandal Savage as well! 

Edited by TheBigRedCheese
Apostrophe placement, phrasing

2 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Glad that I was able to help! In case you're unaware, Bricklink allows you to buy individual bricks (like Voldemort's head, for example,) online from various sellers. Like Ebay, but exclusively for Lego.

Unfortunately, we don't have plain ol' black and white molded arms, but we do have Syndrome's, from the Disney CMF line. The silver accents are bothersome, but if you're willing to break the purist barrier, grab an eraser and scrub! :D Otherwise, I'd say that you're stuck with the black and flesh molded arms, sorry to say. If that doesn't float your boat, just stick with plain black arms and use white hands. :)

As for a "Tommy Bahama" shirt: If you're not a detail nut like I am, The Lego Movie CMF had the 'Where are my Pants?' Guy, whose torso sounds pretty much exactly like what you're describing, but you'd be stuck with plain blue arms and a bit of yellow flesh peeking out from the top.

I'm exclusively cash-based, so Bricklink is out for me lol, but thank you!

How did I not think of the Where Are My Pants guy?  That'd be perfect.  Now I just gotta track down dual molded white/blue arms lol

aaaaaand I'm quite non-purist when I need to be, used the Goth Boy's legs and some 91% rubbing alcohol for my classic black/grey Batman haha!

Made a more classic weather wizard today. It's simple, but I think it looks great! 

Edit: Anyone have suggestions for the 4 identities that Peter Parker uses during his identity crisis? I have a couple ideas, but I definitely need some help :) 

Weather Wizard

Edited by Zergos

4 hours ago, Skier1215 said:

That head is new to me. And that torso.

The head is from Ultra Agents (assuming you mean Pepper's Great White Shark)

4 hours ago, Skier1215 said:

That head is new to me. And that torso.

And the torso is Harry Potter's Yule Ball outfit, but with added dark red arms. :)

1 hour ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Electrocutioner, Wonder Girl, Azrael, Hugo Strange

31296534650_a308979ae2_z.jpg

why am I only allowed to upload 1 picture?

That Azrael is fantastic!! I definitely want that guy in my collection! Where's that cape from?

I wanted to share my Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel before it becomes obsolete next month, and use this as an opportunity to show my Marvel display and some other customs. Sorry for the poor image quality, the lighting wasn't great and I didn't realize it at the time - I took these pictures in a hurry and decided to post them.

30979999443_25093e054c.jpg

Here she is hanging out with a couple of other Avengers who haven't made it into the movies yet atop Avengers tower - Captain Marvel and custom Wasp (reproduction from other posts in this forum). Rescue is inside the tower while Hulk and Thor are hanging out on the balcony cause they missed the fun from Civil War. Below them ...

31642277892_09651504a0_z.jpg

Team Iron Man on the left and Team Cap on the right. Head south from Avengers Tower ...30979999793_da2da9a7cc_z.jpg

The heroes of Hell's Kitchen (aka the Defenders) and the Sanctum Sanctorum. My customs are Punisher (repro), Daredevil (original, posted in this forum), Elektra (repro), Hellcat (original but not great) and Jessica Jones (repro). You can see Stark's armors to the left ...

31642277352_25093e054c.jpg

Complete set of armors except for Civil War armors - no customs :( . Head north from Avengers Tower, you reach the Queensboro Bridge ...

31642277702_89c122c350_c.jpg

Lots of customs on the bridge, many have been posted earlier. This is mainly characters that have appeared on Agents of SHIELD in some form. Under the bridge is custom Sif hanging out with Maria Hill. Peggy Carter can't be seen :( but is driving the blue jeep. Yo-yo, Joey Gutierrez, Lincoln, Quake, May, Hunter, Mockingbird and Coulson have been posted before. Mac is driving the SHIELD SUV, and his shotgun-axe is clipped to the side. Fury is under the bridge tower in his green car. The Bridge sign says turn right for DBC tower ... 

30979999663_ce457f44a9_z.jpgCustom Spider-Gwen (repro) is waiting for a proper white hood, custom White Tiger is waiting for Christmas when I'll get the proper set, custom Agent Venom (repro) who probably wants a Star Wars head instead and custom Mary Jane as Spider-Woman. These are all based on the Amazing Spider-Man cartoon. That's right, Spidey appears twice!

You'll notice a lot of customs are reproductions of ideas I have found here on this forum. A massive THANK YOU for all the ideas and inspirations!

Below decks are my custom X-Men which have been only tweaked since my earlier posts, Guardians (tLG), more vehicles, and some yellow-faces. I'll leave those off. But in case you were wondering why the good guys are prepped for battle ...

30979999093_49c63eff56_z.jpgAll customs (all original I think?) are yellow-faced, and some are in the choppers or way in the back, but represented customs (roughly front to back, left to right)

X-Men villains in the choppers include Omega Red, Mystique, Silver Samurai, Sauron (on tail) Pyro, Sabretooth, Juggernaut.

On the bridge, Nobu, Whiplash, Absorbing Man, Klaw, Bullseye (behind Taskmaster, ugh) Iron Monger, Enchantress, Batroc

Sinister Six, waaaaay in the back Mysterio, Lizard

Edited by linnormlord

22 hours ago, linnormlord said:

I wanted to share my Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel before it becomes obsolete next month, and use this as an opportunity to show my Marvel display and some other customs. Sorry for the poor image quality, the lighting wasn't great and I didn't realize it at the time - I took these pictures in a hurry and decided to post them as a Christmas present to myself :)

While it won't change the lighting, do you have larger images somewhere? I can't quite make out most of the figures you're talking about in these small embedded versions of the photos, and I'm curious about your Kamala, Spider-Gwen, etc.  The ones I can see look good, though!