Sebeus I

Flying Dutchman

I still need to take the pictures from my camera.....

Sure was great to meet you and the ship looked even better in the flesh!

Did you manage to do any more work on her in the meantime?

I still need to take the pictures from my camera.....

Sure was great to meet you and the ship looked even better in the flesh!

Did you manage to do any more work on her in the meantime?

No but I will in the vacation, first booms and sails and then I'll see if I can find a good bricklink shop to complete the port side :pir-classic:

My Cuusoo project drew attention of a rather influent youtube lego reviewer (has over 12000 subscribers) :pir-oh:

I'm not really into youtube, I use it purely as a tool to upload video's. This person however, BrickQueen has quite the influence, my cuusoo project gained over 100 supporters in one day .

I might get an official LEGO comment when it reaches 1000 supporters. I do not think my little ship will ever make a real set but I'm very interested in what LEGO has to say about it themselves, maybe some explination why there was no official Flying Dutchman in the first place ?

Feel free to support my Flying Dutchman at Cuusoo... if you're in a good mood :shark:

Edited by Sebeus I

hey,

is there any dead line until u have to reach the 1000+ supporters or smth? i mean, if u hit the 1000 in 3 years, lego wouldnt pay any attention anymore i guess =)

hey,

is there any dead line until u have to reach the 1000+ supporters or smth? i mean, if u hit the 1000 in 3 years, lego wouldnt pay any attention anymore i guess =)

I think there is some kind of deadline, it's not published anywhere though, but there used to be an official comment for 500+ supporters already, now 1000+ are needed so I suppose if it takes long it might raise to more supporters :pir-sceptic:

Nice review she did there Sebeus! I had never heard of Brick Queen before but she has some good stuff on youtube. Any publicity seems to help with CUUSOO projects so I hope this helps you get up there. Good luck!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

This is a FANTASTIC ship! It's the best Lego Flying Dutchman I've ever seen, hands down. POTC ended much too soon, and I'd be thrilled to see this released. I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I hope your project does well. Best of luck!

:pir-oh3::pir-oh: Having only just watched all 4 POTC films in one sitting at home, its such a same Lego has not made this ship yet. Your ship is stuning, and I'd buy it in a heart beat. Amazing ship with all the stuning details in the film, just showed it to a friend and at first he thought it was a picture of the real thing. I've got a few questions. 1. Do you have the offical Dutchman crew? 2. If you do/don't, do you plan on adding them/buying them? Good luck on reaching 10'000, and what ever you do, don't drop it! :thumbup:

Have you ever wondered what it looks like when 100 minifigures are aboard one ship ?

7899167402_ef4b8fea84_c.jpg

Yep, that's right, 100 minifigures are occupying the weather deck, I had to place a few in the waist (which is luckely kind of an exterior deck). This got me thinking, in the movie Davy Jones wanted 100 souls from Jack, I really wonder how that would look :pir_laugh2:

Anyway, the occasion for this picture is the fact that the Cuusoo Project reached 1000 supporters yesterday :pir-sweet:

:pir-oh3::pir-oh: Having only just watched all 4 POTC films in one sitting at home, its such a same Lego has not made this ship yet. Your ship is stuning, and I'd buy it in a heart beat. Amazing ship with all the stuning details in the film, just showed it to a friend and at first he thought it was a picture of the real thing. I've got a few questions. 1. Do you have the offical Dutchman crew? 2. If you do/don't, do you plan on adding them/buying them? Good luck on reaching 10'000, and what ever you do, don't drop it! :thumbup:

Thanks, sorry for the late response, I don't have the official Dutchman crew, it's strange but I didn't even ever come across a Black Pearl while I went to different ships shops :pir-grin:

Today was terrifying, I had placed the ship in the living room and then I went away with some friends, then I realized my ship was very vulnerable and the case of Captain Blackmoor and Admiral Croissant's ships came to mind.

Furtunatly nothing happened :monkey:

So, can you find Jack Sparrow ? or the squid alien ?

Edited by Sebeus I

Wow! 100 minifigs on board is cool! And congrats for the 1000 milestone! :pir-cry_happy:

EDIT: The woody at the gunport is a nice touch. :pir_laugh2:

How difficult is this to make and how much wold it cost as a set? If Lego pieces are averaging 1.65 cents a piece I can imagine it being quite the price tag mate. Good luck with Cuusoo!

dsc01025.jpg

dsc01029.jpg

pirate_oh.gif

I decided to divide the ship into two sections, that way it will be easier to transport.

I'm going to split the ship in half right before the main mast.

Since Brickmania Antwerp I've been thinking about doing some big operations on the Flying Dutchman, these include;

• Finishing the port side
  • New prow (Davy Jones' Crocodile machine)
  • Reworked poop deck (railing)
  • Maybe (just maybe) a new glass alternative for the stern windows.

I'm afraid the rigging won't survive this proces so I might have to do that again too pirate_cry4.gif .

Some smaller changes have already been applied such as better masts and booms.

Anyway, the ship won't be attending any events soon (I brought it to BrickMania 4 times already, it's time for something new).

So that gives me time to work on it more thoroughly.

Update 5/12/2013

I managed to disconnect the front section from the technic frame that was originally integrated in the hull to provide the strength needed to support a waterline model of this size.

dsc01035.jpg

I modified the bow railings and forecastle, the previous forecastle was too wide near the front of the ship.

dsc01043.jpg

I also closed the starboard side but I must say the port side still looks better.

dsc01041.jpg

dsc01039.jpg

The interior can now be viewed from another perspective although it's pretty dark.

dsc01037.jpg

The frontal view looks a lot better already, eventhough not yet finished.

Edited by Sebeus I

dsc01098.jpg

I put the ship back together, improvements include;

• new masts + booms attached
  • Revised forecastle
  • Bow railing (jaws)

dsc01054.jpg

dsc01063.jpg

dsc01095.jpg

I would have shown pictures of the port side but I ran out of parts, parts I did not expect. I can't finish the port galleries now but I'm thinking about building around the galleries so there would be a gap in the ship.

That gap would allow a view inside the cabin and still provide the structure I need to finish the poop deck railing.

I also intend to make a new video (with better lighting and music this time).

But first I'm going to work a bit on the stern, it's starting to fall apart pirate_oh.gif .

looking rather awesome, good thing you didn't take her apart for good!

looking rather awesome, good thing you didn't take her apart for good!

Thanks, I hope to keep it intact forever.

But if some disaster would happen I'm better prepared, the split-operation gave me new insight in how I originally constructed the ship, which was hard to determine because It was built over the prototype which was built over a previous version and that goes back many years pir_wacko.gif .

I was again impressed by your ship today, and just saw that tonight on facebook:

11326829974_7221caf6d3_o.png

Nice, thanks.

Edited by Sebeus I

It looks even better than before! I really like all the imporvements, they add more realism to the ship (considering the original one :P).

Btw, did you ever got any response from lego? There are already 3000+ supporters :O me included :)

Hope you get the 10k, I reallly do!

It looks even better than before! I really like all the imporvements, they add more realism to the ship (considering the original one :P).

Btw, did you ever got any response from lego? There are already 3000+ supporters :O me included :)

Hope you get the 10k, I reallly do!

I only got a standard cuusoo review when the project reached 1000 supporters, other than that nothing really happened, except for staff pick at the cuuso facebook group.

The Lego Ideas project of the Flying Dutchman achieved 10 000 supporters pirate_classic.gif .

link

15124847036_2179ff4152_c.jpg

Will the legendary ship ever finds it way into the stores?

Edited by Sebeus I

Congrats mate!

If it helps, tell them you would have at least one buyer! :)

Edited by Wellesley

Congrats mate!

If it helps, tell them you would have at least one buyer! :)

Make it 2 buyers!

Btw, I always thought it would look even more magnificent if you add creepy sails like the ducthman of the movie :O