Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Nothing on Marvel sets yet, huh? Bummer...I'm really chomping at the bit on these. Definitely want to see finalized Ironman.

Nothing on Marvel sets yet, huh? Bummer...I'm really chomping at the bit on these. Definitely want to see finalized Ironman.

I'm fairly sure you'll have to wait for the US Toy Fair in February, if then. LEGO seems to be keeping a tight wrap on this theme.

usually, sets that coincide with a movie are kept under wraps very well. I doubt there is a trace of the sets in the leaked retailers catalogue.

Usually, but I'm surprised that we've seen the LoTR sets already

Don't have Fred Meyer in Nebraska, but my local TRU only has the Catwoman set(at $19.99), but had a couple dozen left last weekend.

Wow, that's a rip-off :thumbdown:

Really hope they make a Supes to go with the action figs. But to echo everyone, I hope for more DC diversity.

A Wonder Woman too :laugh: Just kidding, that would be strange :classic:

Usually, but I'm surprised that we've seen the LoTR sets already

We have seen them, search it on youtube. On Topic: Must see final Iron Man :drool:

We have seen them, search it on youtube.

I thought I said that we did see LoTR pictures, otherwise, the lack of Marvel wouldn't be very surpising at all.

Whatever, I've misinterprated worst things before...

Totally, but I guess that's TRU for you.

A Wonder Woman too :laugh: Just kidding, that would be strange :classic:

Why's that?

If you are expecting the helmet to be smaller you're propably in for a bad suprise. If not then get ready for some smooth non-sticker ptinting to look wikid. I am rellay looking forward to seeing all the finished minifigures and some glimpses at the sets!

The fact that the helmet is designed for the gold part to flip open to reveal Stark's face troubles me..

It's going to be a big helmet... :sceptic:

Why's that?

Probably because the bulky robot look already doesn't really work for the male characters, so one can only imagine how terrible it would look on a female character. Not to mention that WW has a lot of skin showing, so a lot of the parts would have to be flesh colored, which would look even stranger. And then there's the issue of her long hair.

I agree that Supes would be an interesting candidate for these ultrabuild figures, but I shudder to think how they would represent his cape, seeing what a horrible job they did on Bats and Joker.

Which is why I went the S@H route. I am still fairly new and hitting up the TRU, normally an ebay shopper, but I was surprised at the markups like everybody has been talking about here.

I thought I said that we did see LoTR pictures, otherwise, the lack of Marvel wouldn't be very surpising at all.

Whatever, I've misinterprated worst things before...

Sorry I misread what you wrote. :blush:

Why's that?

Probably because the bulky robot look already doesn't really work for the male characters, so one can only imagine how terrible it would look on a female character. Not to mention that WW has a lot of skin showing, so a lot of the parts would have to be flesh colored, which would look even stranger. And then there's the issue of her long hair.

I agree that Supes would be an interesting candidate for these ultrabuild figures, but I shudder to think how they would represent his cape, seeing what a horrible job they did on Bats and Joker.

That's pretty much why, even though I guess that they could do the less revealing, more modern look which was posted back a while ago, but her hair and proportions would still be strange (I think, at least. I think Breez's are, and she's a robot). Superman could be interesting though :classic:

So what wave 1 will be all dc wave 2 will be all marvel?.

Yep. From what we have seen at least.

I genuinely hope that sometime we get a female character in the Super Heroes Ultrabuild line, seeing as that could inspire TLG to make some Hero Factory armor pieces that are suitable for building female characters. Of the heroes and villains I know, I think Catwoman's probably one of the best candidates on the DC side of things, as she does not have a particularly revealing outfit in most incarnations, is fairly well known, and doesn't have much "gear" that might be awkwardly represented as in the cases of Joker and Captain America. (Batman, Green Lantern, and Iron Man all look fairly good IMO, and Hulk is pretty decent in everything but the colors of some parts).

Of course, the likelihood of a female character in the "Ultrabuild" sets is limited by the fact that female action figures don't tend to sell as well as male ones. This is also the reason why there are few female characters in the BIONICLE and Hero Factory themes, and why those that there are rarely are obviously female in physique. In a licensed theme I can see how TLG wouldn't want to take that risk, especially since with licensed characters they don't have total creative freedom and so can't "sidestep" the gender issues as easily.

Guys, let's keep the talk here about the system sets. The Ultrabuilds have their very own topic in the Action Figure Forum.

OK, my apologies. :blush:

This may be old news, but there's a

for the DC Universe Super Heroes sets, focusing on the Two-Face Chase and Batcave sets. One incidental thing it confirms is that the Batmobile is compatible with the Batcave set, in that it can fit through that set's gate unimpeded! That's pretty well-planned IMO, and I'm glad they're advertising that (even if not too prominently).

This may be old news, but there's a

for the DC Universe Super Heroes sets, focusing on the Two-Face Chase and Batcave sets. One incidental thing it confirms is that the Batmobile is compatible with the Batcave set, in that it can fit through that set's gate unimpeded! That's pretty well-planned IMO, and I'm glad they're advertising that (even if not too prominently).

Wow, that is pretty nice. LEGO seems to be doing good job of keeping the sets compatible.

I replied to your comment in the thread. :wink:

Be interesting to see how that Bruce Wayne/Batman chamber works, unless it's very clever editing :hmpf_bad:

I see how it works. You pull out a red pin in the back and a box (I don't know what to call it) drops. On top of the box is Bruce Wayne and Batman is in the inside. I'm actually a little disappointed with it, I thought that it would be able to rise up again (like an elevator). Still a good idea though, I guess...

May have to wait a few years till we get the button in the bust and batpoles then :laugh:

Should have watched it twice to figure the secret......

or you can build your own

I don't know about something so ornate with a Shakespeare head and all of Bruce's office ornaments and everything, but I think I'll at least be adding a couple poles for Batman and Robin, somewhere.

BrickHeroes posted some great eyeball-teasing morphing-animated reviews of some Super Heroes sets, done by Artifex

The morphing animated build starts after about a minute or so into it, after the minifigs are introduced...

I think it'd be even better if he used the same morphing-effect on the beginning part where the minifigs spin. He could just use the same software and same function, I am sure...!

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones