Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Yakuza Family - Day 5

Sorry, I was looking at it from the townie point of view :hmpf: She was the head of the masons, a fairly important town role. She was in connection with the vig, so she knew the vig wouldn't kill her. She wanted to keep herself out of the crosshairs of the scum.

Okay, that was information I didn't know. I merely knew that she was a Mason who claimed Jester. This information does make her actions make more sense.

So Emi, anything to offer to help the town today, or will you just be critiquing the play of our dead head mason? :sadnew:

My apologies, I was just explaining my initial response of disdain upon the revelation of her allegiance, and it has not been the only thing I've done Today.

My apologies, I was just explaining my initial response of disdain upon the revelation of her allegiance, and it has not been the only thing I've done Today.

Great to hear :classic: Looking forward to some info from you :wink:

Great to hear :classic: Looking forward to some info from you :wink:

On a positive note, last Night is proof that the Agents and the Mutineers haven't yet established trust or communication with each other.

No, but it's very possible that you just made a completely useless statement. You say you knew that looking at who voted for Tamiko wouldn't be a reliable method, yet you decided to suggest it anyways - and then say that it shouldn't be done in the same statement, making a statement that looks useful but really accomplishes nothing. :hmpf:

I never said I would give info. I also said that "it has not been the only thing I've done Today", not, 'I will change my actions by trying to act like a Townie when told what a Townie should do and give you information'.

:hmpf:

Wow, so you picked up on the fact that a Mutineer targeted an Agent. どうもありがとうございました。 I still think you've done very little for the town while being very outspoken, it's a great camouflage.

I feel the great apathy falling over the family today, and I propose this:

All loyal Yakuza submit one name of someone deserving of a lynch and a reason why. Family members should at the very least be able to do this :sweet:

Good to see our fearless Norio leading the way. I would like to submit a name, admittedly not based on much, but as something to discuss.

When Yakuza Icharou (Tammo) was flailing around in a totally Scummy way during Day Two, they voted for two names. The second was Momoe, who was just proven as Secret Agent. So maybe, just maybe, there is something in their first vote: Chieko. The Secret Agent Blocker on Day Three also crossed swords with Chieko, claiming they were the Mutineer Killer and we know there is no love lost between the Mutineer and Secret Agent factions. I think it isn't a great lead but one worthy of more discussion.

Just one name? :tongue:

Alright then: Cherry Blossom, for doing nothing more than stating the plain obvious.

:hmpf:

Wow, so you picked up on the fact that a Mutineer targeted an Agent. どうもありがとうございました。 I still think you've done very little for the town while being very outspoken, it's a great camouflage.

I feel the great apathy falling over the family today, and I propose this:

All loyal Yakuza submit one name of someone deserving of a lynch and a reason why. Family members should at the very least be able to do this :sweet:

Nice job ignoring the other half of my repeated statements.

On that note, I don't think it will come as any surprise that I still suggest we lynch Lizzy. She hasn't helped at all. The most she's done is throw out a bunch of possible statistics about number of Scum, in a statement where she basically said, "these could be accurate numbers, but they could not be, and I really don't know". Besides, anyone worth their salt should be able to make an educated guess as to number of Scum, and it's not as if we need someone to try to look helpful by verbosely laying out what we're thinking in the back of our heads. When accused of acting scummy, her defense boiled down to, "I'm not acting scummy because I think that being a useless sheep isn't scummy and that since my definition of 'scummy' is different from yours, I'm not scummy."

Nice job ignoring the other half of my repeated statements.

It didn't really make an impression on me, sorry.

But thanks for your two yen on Lizzy :sweet:

Well, we certainly made the right decision with our lynch yesterday. It is most saddening that we lost two Loyal members even if we did get a secret agent. I think that lizzy sounds like a possible lynch, but I am not sure at this point.

*sniff* I believe that Saburo, whilst not deserving of a lynch, may warrant being investigated. I'm not sure of what he's done behind the scenes, but going on what he's done in the day threads...

Crazy grandfather and his genies. You are sure no one has slipped you anything right?

I've read plenty of books and on day 1 there is never a good lead, at least not usually. I would also expect there to be much to-ing and fro-ing.

*sniff* Here, early on in the first day, Saburo just talks about a lack of leads on day one, despite the Yasu-train leaving the station, which could be taken as trying to deflect some notice away from Yasu.

I heartily agree with you daughter. You train of thought makes sense to me. But I think she should be given some time to speak for herself.

Silly daughter in-law. Even if you are a townie, I'm really starting to seriously doubt that you are, I'm willing to risk the role to get rid of you. I will therefore: Vote: Yasu (TheBoyWonder)

*sniff* Rather like Hiroki, Saburo talks quite frequently, without saying much. Attempting to fly under the radar?

Argh! My grandson! :cry_sad: My son, now you know what happens when you choose the wrong woman. I am quite happy that we managed to find a Mutineer so early, hopefully our luck shall continue. The points everyone has brought up a quite valid, but I will need to go back and try to remember what was said myself.

*sniff* Whilst others were summarizing suspects, Saburo summarise the night. Again, under the radar. Also, you will note that he doesn't come back with information of 'what he remembered saying'. :hmpf:

No, I am saying that they've brought forward some arguments against some people and that they may have some truth but I want to try to remember what was said before I make any accusations.

I have been following the arguments against my brother and it seems that he does look rather scummy. Thus I will Vote: Ichiruou (Tamamono).

Alright, I believe the case presented by Emi against Tamiko seems a bit stronger to me than the one against Ichirou. The new information against Tadao seems intresting enough but I think I may let that case slide until tomorrow.

I will Unvote: Ichirou (Tamamono) and I Vote: Tamiko (zakura).

*sniff* Only comes back to defend himself, and vote.

Most depressing, my wife is now dead along with my brother. :cry_sad: I believe it is time to look into some of our family members that where accused yesterday.

Vote: Minoru (volcanicpanik)

I believe that there is no reason we would have two town blockers.

*sniff* Again, on day three, only summarises the results of the night, and votes.

Well this is what I think is the right thing to do now.

Vote: Hiroki (Etzel)

*sniff* Even less here, although admittedly, after Norio's revelation of Hiroki investigation, it was hard to bring anything more to the table.

Well, we certainly made the right decision with our lynch yesterday. It is most saddening that we lost two Loyal members even if we did get a secret agent. I think that lizzy sounds like a possible lynch, but I am not sure at this point.

*sniff* I need help here, I can't see him under the radar. No suspicions?

Just one name? :tongue:

Alright then: Cherry Blossom, for doing nothing more than stating the plain obvious.

I've got to agree with you there. Cherry hasn't been doing much at all, and from what I've heard hasn't been talking much in the background. I'm not sure why's she's being so quiet, but this needs some looking in to.

As stated earlier, I'm very much looking forward to hearing anything that actually makes sense from Cherry Blossom. Other than letting us know she's following what's happened and is deeply saddened to see Family members go. As presumed Townies go, there's one who has definitely not helped their Family in any kind or form.

I am going to vote for Akio, he is largely quiet during the days, not stating anything but the obvious, or things that are either useless or said the day before. A lot of things he said were post stating he 'agreed' with others. Him dead would not be a big loss, I feel, if he turns out Yakuza, so I do not see a reason not to, and I don't have any better suspects at this point, although I am certainly interested in more of Norio's evidence against Kenta, who would also be a good target.

Vote: Akio (Rumble Strike)

I know he seems to be rather busy with his koilette rolls, whatever those are, but I'd like to try and give Kenta a good reason to start talking while we're still waiting for Cherry Blossom and Daisuke, among others, to let us know how they've been doing lately. I'm sure he'll be able to combine cooking and talking, and if he is persuasive enough with both, I'd be more than happy to change my vote. For the time being though, I

Vote: Kenta (Nightshroud99)

I think we should take a closer look at Shiro's loyalties. Throughout this family gathering, he has not been very vocal, having made only ten posts in the last five days, and none of them very helpful.

For example, the first thing he said on Day One was...

Hello everybody! I don't really like this situation. What if we lynch the wrong person?? :cry_sad:

Yasu's statement was a bit strange, but it could be nothing. We'll have to think a bit more, although I doubt we will get any concrete evidence now.

:hmpf: Normally, posts like this are enough to get my vote on their own. Any dolt with half a brain (especially one with as much experience as Shiro :tongue: ) should know that lynching the wrong person is always a possibility. Always. Even Cops are not right 100% of the time. :hmpf_bad:

The second part of Shiro's statement makes me very wary. :look: It could be nothing? Really? Nothing? We are talking about the statement that was the kickoff for the entire lynch campaign against Yasu, aren't we? The one that told everyone she was not only Scum, but the worst kind of Scum? (Scum and Dumb.) Becuase, if we are in fact talking about that statement, which I suspect we are, it was as far from nothing as possible. :hmpf_bad:

And now that we know that Shiro's fears of lynching the wrong person were unfounded, I have to ask isn't it possible that he, too, knew they were unfounded and was simply trying to dissuade a lynch vote against one of his fellow Scum?

Day Two, Shiro was more active than I've ever seen him (though not by much), and, strangely enough, that's the only time the lynchee was an innocent Yakuza. Admittedly, four posts doesn't seem like a lot, but it's still 25% more than on Day One.

Days Three and Four, Shiro made one statement each, both times to vote.

Vote: Minoru (VolcanicPanic) A neutral blocker sounds rather unlikely.

After seeing the surest, most concrete evidence we have so far, I shall: Vote: Hiroki (Etzel)

Very succint, right to the point. I like that. What I don't like is how Shiro offered no thoughts of his own, and simply echoed the consensus that had been reached by that point in each respective day.

And now, here we are, more than a third of the way through Day Five, and Shiro has had only one thing to say:

I was getting happy that there were no Loyal family members died, but alas, good Yakuza members died to... :cry_sad:

Its strange that two people died of grief though, multiple roles like this aren't very frequent. Is it possible, that filthy agent, Momoe, somehow caused poor Aikos grief with a night action?

First, he makes a brief summary of what we have just experienced in the night, a classic technique of those who have nothing to say. Then, he says something that seems helpful, but is ultimately vague and unspecific.

Next, let's have a look at Shiro's voting patterns...

Votes so far:

Yasu - TheBoyWonder (29): Brickdoctor, Yasuko, Shizuko, Zakura, Jimbutcher, Nightshroud99, VolcanicPanic, Bob, Def, Whitefang, MetroiD, Swils, Iamded, Rufus, Cecilie, Peanuts, Etzel, Rumble Strike, Masked Builder, Alopex, Tamamono, Professor Flitwick, Rick, Eskallon, Fhomess, The Legonator, Scorpiox, Scubacarrot, KielDaMan

Votes so far:

Ichirou (Tamamono): 20 Votes

Eskallon, Rumble Strike, Zakura, Scubacarrot, Etzel, Def, Bob, CorneliusMurdock, Peanuts, Rick, Rufus, Alopex, Cecilie, Whitefang, Professor Flitwick, JimButcher, CallMePieOrDie, Nightshroud99, Capt. Redblade, Fhomess

Votes so far:

Minoru (Volcanicpanik): 25 votes

Scubacarrot, CallMePieOrDie, Brickdoctor, Professor Flitwick, Rick, JimButcher, CorneliusMurdock, Rufus, Etzel, Bob, Alopex, Rumble Strike, Cecilie, Fhomess, MetroiD, Nightshroud99, Peanuts, Iamded, Def, Capt. Redblade, Eskallon, Masked Builder, WhiteFang, Zakura, Swils

Votes so far:

Notice how he usually stays in roughly the middle of the pack, where scum like to hide to stay out of sight. Not too far at the front to be noticeable if the lynchee is innocent, but not too far back in the bandwagon to be suspected of purposefully voting for a teammate.

Of course, notice his position on Day Four.

Hiroki/Etzel: 20 Votes

CallMePieOrDie, Rumble Strike, Professor Flitwick, Scubacarrot, Capt. Redblade, Def, WhiteFang, Bob, Nightshroud99, CorneliusMurdock, IAmDed, Zakura, MetroiD, Rufus, Brickdoctor, Rick, Masked Builder, Fhomess, Alopex, Eskallon, Swils

What's this? *huh* A clean sweep on Day Four, and look where Shiro is! Not safe and cozy in the middle, where he seems to like it, but tacked on way at the end. Almost like the vote for Hiroki was an afterthought! What sorcery is this? Could it be...? Nah... It's stupid to think that Shiro didn't want to add to his scummy teammate's woes, and only voted for him so late in the day so he himself could look like the sweet, innocent, stay-at-home father he claims to be. I mean, no scum in their right minds would ever think to vote for one of their own just to throw others off the track! It's such an absurd concept that nobody would think it could possibly work! :sarcasm_smug:

On the slim chance that Shiro's a true Yakuza, I won't lose too much sleep getting rid of someone as talkative :sarcasm_smug: as him.

Vote: Shiro (Alopex)

While Kenta will definitely face some reckoning soon, this person has shown zero initiative. The only contact they've made is to explain that they aren't scum... but show no interest in helping the family otherwise.

Vote: Cherry Blossom (Whitefang)

Vote: Cherry Blossom / WhiteFang

I had said before that Cherry hasn't done much of anything to help the town. Thus, she is my logical choice.

Now this is interesting. I come up with Cheiko as a Scum possibility, and what do you know, she only goes and votes for me straightaway. A bit suspicious, I'm sure you'll all agree.

Now her points against me are all pretty much based on me being quiet, which is indeed the case. I haven't been as active as some here but there are several of the family who have contributed far less, and some of those are rightly either under suspicion or being voted for already. My accusation was based on some logic and reading of others, but she has not tried to refute any of it. Curious again.

In order not to split the voting too much at this early stage, I shall not dignify Cheiko's vote against me with a retaliatory one. I would also like to see what Cherry Blossom says to being the leading vote candidate so far and shall vote for her accordingly.

Now her points against me are all pretty much based on me being quiet, which is indeed the case. I haven't been as active as some here but there are several of the family who have contributed far less, and some of those are rightly either under suspicion or being voted for already. My accusation was based on some logic and reading of others, but she has not tried to refute any of it. Curious again.

Nothing against you, but I just want to point out that (as you yourself said, it's not based on much) there wasn't really much in your theory to refute. Ichirou accused Chieko and Momoe of being Scum, he died a Townie, and Momoe died as Scum. That does make it worth keeping an eye on Chieko, I'll grant you that, but it doesn't mean we should be lynching her. It wouldn't be that unreasonable for Ichirou to have been wrong. In fact, being right about one of two suspects is quite a good ratio, and if the Town always lynched a Townie for every Scum they lynched, they'd still easily win. There's really nothing for Chieko to refute. Okay, so Ichirou was a Townie and accused her. She can't change that, and I'm sure we all know that it's very possible that Ichirou was wrong.

Cherry Blossom hasn't been super quiet, but her comments haven't been of the substance that strike me as helping move us forward in rooting out the mutineers.

Involvement in the day so far :hmpf_bad:

CorneliusMurdock 1

Alopex 1

Nightshroud99 1

CallMePieOrDie 1

Eskallon 1

WhiteFang 1

swils 1

fhomess 1

Masked Builder 1

Now this is interesting. I come up with Cheiko as a Scum possibility, and what do you know, she only goes and votes for me straightaway. A bit suspicious, I'm sure you'll all agree.

In order not to split the voting too much at this early stage, I shall not dignify Cheiko's vote against me with a retaliatory one. I would also like to see what Cherry Blossom says to being the leading vote candidate so far and shall vote for her accordingly.

Seriously? I must admit I missed that particular, kind of disproving my point of you being completely without voice, true. The only thing that holds your suspicion towards me is that Ichirou at one point accused me (which he withdrew quickly...). Now, if you really suspected me, I do not get how you change your vote. first you suspect me, then you vote for someone else, in order not to split the vote? We have unlimited re-votes, remember...

We were asked by Norio to voice a suspicion we had. I've done it, you've done it. We both have reasons. My points against you were really for discussion, and they were not taken up by anyone else. As Emi said later, I fully agree it is circumstantial, and as more people seem to think Cherry Blossom is a more obvious target for now, then I am alright with that and happy to vote accordingly and not get into any tit-for-tat voting, which is detrimental to the Yakuza.