Sign in to follow this  
Tereglith

HUGE problem with shop.lego.com

So I've got a credit card ready to go, sitting at my laptop, waiting for 12:00 and those nice Brick Friday deals (free shipping, free santa set, 10% off orders of $150 or more, 25% off certain sets). The witching hour rolls around, I'm perusing shop.lego.com, and I notice something odd - There's no way to add anything to my bag! AT ALL. I can add Imperial Flagship to my wishlist, sure, but adding it to my cart? No way, jose. The only things I found that could be added were a POTC battlepack (lame) and a tote bag (lamer). Expecting to get great deals and great sets, I'm naturally disappointed and peeved.

So I want to know - is anyone else having this problem? I've included a screencap of a typical view from the Shop as my computer sees it - note the marked lack of an "add to bag" button anywhere. Is everyone else seeing this? Has LEGO acknowledged it? Is there any way to get around it? Am I getting freaked out too early since it's only a half hour into Friday? (the answer to that one is probably yes). I want to know!

post-7783-132219903943.jpg

I got my order in earlier but the additional 10% off for $149+, free shipping, and the free promo set were not applied at all. Will give Lego's hotline a call either tomorrow or Monday to get that fixed.

EDIT: I'm checking the site right now and I can still add stuff to my cart, still has "add to cart" option. I'm on the Canadian Lego S@H site by the way.

Edited by Canada_7

I can add items to my cart... but when I log in to check out, the 10% discount, free shipping, and holiday set disappear.

Pretty bummed out because now the Emerald Night says "call to check availability"....

I did get 5x 5512 at Walmart... so things could be worse :laugh:

Update: Order placed at 1:15AM EST w/ 10% disc, free shipping, vip, and holiday set. Emerald Night couldn't be added... will have to call tomorrow.

Edited by mgibson80

I had issue with shipping charges being added, this was at 11pm CST when the brick friday started. I had no issues adding any items to my cart but there were a few glitches on checkout. In the end it was showing shipping charges but all my items were going through fine. I just checked my order status and the system has already corrected my order to remove the shipping charges.

:thumbup:

Glad I already had everything I wanted in my cart before the sale started so I pretty much just had to deal with checkout issues. Sounds like others are having more problems.

I did just 10 mins ago put in a second order and had no issues at all, everything seems to be working smoothly now.

All right, I managed to get the "Add to Bag" button back by switching from Chrome to IE (ugh), but then when I go to checkout it doesn't allow me to check out! It's got the button all dimmed out and in addition it doesn't seem to think I've spent 149, even though I've spent way more than that. Someone at LEGO's web design department needs to get a whoopin'. Anybody know a way around THIS problem: 6398425687_b33ab6bbce.jpg

Tereglith, it looks like you're getting the 10% off in that pic. 10% of $159.98 is ~$16, but is that what you're referring to?

I just place an order with no problem whatsoever, however like you I stayed up until 12:00 last night to get there first and it would not process the 10% off or the free shipping.

Furthermore, the sales and deals section had not been updated (Emerald night on special :wub: , Imperial Flagship discounted :wub::wub: )

Anyways, it seems everything is back as it should be now!!!

Happy shopping!

Tereglith, it looks like you're getting the 10% off in that pic. 10% of $159.98 is ~$16, but is that what you're referring to?

It did subtract the %10, that was more of a small error I was pointing out (it was telling me to do something I'd already done). The main thing is this - look at the checkout button. AS A BUTTON, IT DOES NOT EXIST. There is no way for me to click it. And that's sort of a problem.

The banner asking me to keep shopping until I hit 149$ stayed there for me too even after I had hit 155$, I think the banner is not interactive and simply stays there as a reminder/incentive to keep shopping (after all you NEVER have enough LEGO in your cart!)

Wow. This is depressing.

Had the Imperial Flagship in my Cart but got distracted by real life before submitting.

Now it's no longer available to add and has been removed from my cart.

*sigh*

I think they had the same problem in May during the May 4th sale when I bought 10198. Just had to wait a couple hours and the set was back in stock and buyable. I guess I added it to the cart initially around the same time as a lot of other people.

Have been trying to add the Holiday Baubles, same problem no Add to Cart button. I've added other stuff and after finishing order without them I went back in and the add button was there. No idea why it would not do it in the actual order bit though? I have e-mailed them to see if they can be added though so hopefully they will come back to me.

I read elsewhere that people were seeing that individual items on their orders appear to be NOT discounted. But then the total does include the discount (i.e. the total is correct). So just do your own computation of what you think your total should be (don't forget tax), and then if that matches then you're good to go.

Then again I also read about other problems including a lack of confirmation emails and such. So good luck out there.

Sorry if this was already mentioned. I haven't done any S@H purchasing today.

Edited by Zeya

It might have something to do with your age. If you are under 18 on your S@H, it might not work. The same thing is happening to me.

I had an e-mail back today asking me to telephone them. I did this and they sorted it out for me ovewr the telephone although the lady I spoke to did not know why the 'Add to basket' button was not showing on the website. Still at least they were able to put my order right easily enough.

*sigh*

Just got an email that my order has been cancelled for Imperial Flagship.

I guess that's it.

*weep*

Me too :sad:

It still appears to be available for most of Europe though. Lego should ship one to me, I can wait for the transatlantic shipping.

Decided to see if Amazon had it and they had dropped the price!

Not quite Black Friday but $25 off!

Even qualifies for Amazon Prime.

Decided to see if Amazon had it and they had dropped the price!

Not quite Black Friday but $25 off!

Even qualifies for Amazon Prime.

I ordered from Amazon after Lego cancelled my order, too. I'm not happy with SAH, but the rep on the phone said there was no way to get me an Imperial Flagship. :angry:

i have a different situation.

i can add stuff to the cart but i cannot remove items

i even tried to empty the history cache and eliminate cookies

but nothing...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā