Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Althior went back to the quest board and saw his name under Quest 5. He did a little girl scream. Everyone stared at him so he walked away very casually. He was sad to see none of his friends on the list though. He'd make some new, he assured himself of that.

(OOC: Great, this, Suburbia, I'm really getting the full EB games experience! :laugh: )

Edited by K-nut

McCafferey shrugged off the giant monkey's hand, and flapped up on to Dek'ra's hat, pecking at the brim of it exploratively.

Haldor leans forward and watches the spectacle before him. Years ago Haldor would have laughed and joined in, but he was too old now, not in age but in mind.

Haldor finished his meal and left the cheer and happiness of the hall alone again. But at least he had the reply of the elf to look forward to, he had been alone for so long, unwanted and mocked at home untill he had saved the cheiftain. He needed a friend as much as anything else :sadnew:. Haldor returned to the inn and sat in silence.

De'kra looked over the heroes of old, noting the vast differences between them. Dwarves, elves, humans, giants; all of them were allies against the forces of evil. A unified force was a strong power, but a unified force made of unique individuals, each with their own perceptions and up brings, that team can adapt to any obstacle. The only danger to such a force is getting over their differences and learning how to work together.

Suddenly De'kra noticed a chicken on his head. The shade grew still, slowing it's movements so the creature won't be startled.

Tesni had started on the good ale, and of course the meat pies. She needed to get her strength up for the coming quest.

De'kra wondered where the chicken had come from. The only person he had seen with a chicken was another rogue, so perhaps it was his. Not to mention the chicken had been on that rogue's head.

"Thank you... My old dress just did not seem to fit the quest I was just approved into. I am joining a party that is to venture into some cave. You wouldn't happen to be on that quest too, would you?"

"Ah yes I am in that quest. I'm hoping it'll start soon."

"Eh," says Boomingham. "Yuh win some and yuh lose some. And now all the pretty girls are off questing and I gotta sit here on my bum and hope that I get chosen to track down a thief." He sighs and moves to an open table, hoping company will sit down. Boomingham is feeling a little lonely, and missing his quest mates and friends.

De'kra started to leave the hall, but not before glancing at the image of the Fey One. The mysterious elf intrigued the shade, as both of their pasts were shrouded. De'kra wondered where this elf was, if it still remained on this world. Either way, the shade left the gallery, though slowly as to not disturb the chicken.

McCafferey flapped off of Dek'ra's hat as he began walking, and landed once again on the bar beside Atramor, who began stirring. As he sat up, he glanced at McCafferey, and dried his ale-soaked hat by slapping it against the bar.

"Jeez, been awhile," he noted, as several people have left and come to the saloon.

A little disappointed he hadn't gotten into the Cave Sounds quest, Hybros reassured himself that there were two other quests to get into.

Hearing of new information at the library, Hybros stumbled out of the crowded Hall and went to learn about the type of enemies others had encountered.

"Well, it is not seemly to go about not wearing clothes so you might as well put on some that protect you. The advantage that chainmail such as mine has over plate armour is that it is lighter and allows more movement, but offers less protection. Plate armour is only good for cavalry in my opinion, as you are an easy target clunking about in full-body armour. You, De'kra, are a rogue so your fighting style is based on being light, wheras a knight or barbarian uses huge strength to crush their foes. I fight more in a mixture of both, but I try to avoid shedding blood pointlessly.

My chainmail is not as heavy as you might think because it's Mithril, MIITTTTHHHHRIIILLL!!!! only small plates connected together, whereas huge plates weigh a ton. Besides, I can manage the extra weight :classic: ."

Alex is pleased that he can put in his input.

Well, chainmail actually doesn't provide as much movement as plate armor. (only if the plate armor is articulated) So even though chainmail weighs less, it can't beat newer technology such as articulated plate armor in movement.

De'kra glanced over the hall, and relaxed as the sun began to set. It looked like it would be a cloudy night, at least over Heroica Hall. Clouds meant that those accursed stars won't shine, wouldn't burn into the sealed scars of his mind. De'kra could be calm as long as the stars were not out.

Tarn came back into the Hall from the Inn where he had a bed for the night. He wandered over to the Quest Board, to see if any new quests were added.

He looked in shock as he read his name on the list for Quest #5, and as Party Leader. Although very excited to be in on the Quest, he knew several of his fellow Adventurers had already been on Quests and thought that they would make better candidates for Party Leader. Nervous, he though back to Rystael, the Valco cleric who was like a father to him. He imagined how pleased the old man would be to see Tarn as Party Leader. The thought made him smile.

He saw Tesni eating at a table and sat down next to her.

"Tesni! Isn't this exciting!" he beamed. "We actually get to go on a Quest together. I can't wait!"

Tarn looked around to see if the rest of the chosen Adventurers for Quest#5 were in the Hall at this time, if so he would get them around this table.

Edited by Rumble Strike

En Sabah Nur could hear the sounds of celebration as he approached The Hall. The next quest selections must have been made. Nur entered the building and headed straight for the stairs, bypassing the quest board.

He was on a mission. Nur roamed The Hall looking from table to table for his quarry. Some heroes were sulking alone while others were rejoicing.

"Has anyone seen the mage with emerald eyes? I'm looking for her." Nur paused for a moment before adding, "Not in the manner of a young-lad-with-an-absurd infatuation. I seek information about the amethyst gem in her possession."

En Sabah Nur sat at a table and examined his Sangriste Dagger.

It had been three days since Haldor wrote his letter, and was getting pretty sure it had just been ignored, Tesni ssaid yesterday she was unsure of what the elf's reply was. He hoped that she hadn't laughed at him, Haldor despised being laughed at, he'd got a lot of it from the other youths at his village. They would laugh at how he wasn't as strong as them, at how he wouldn't kill things, and he had many memories of being beaten up and thrown in the mud.

Haldor hoped that one day he would show them that they were the weak ones, that he would he would be strong and then he would laugh at them.

De'kra awoke to see the last of the chosen heroes heading to quest 5. Now the only quest he was signed up for was quest 4, taming the lions. The shade wasn't sure what it's subtitle had to do with stopping raiders, but maybe that was the emblem of the bandits.

De'kra walked through the hall, the great structure void of life. As he walked the shade spotted an archer settling down for a beverage. De'kra approached the ranger and clicked, "Hall always empty when quests? I think there over fifty heroes total, only six heroes left. Where the other forty two heroes? Not count I and you."

De'kra nods, and heads to the quest board. It appeared as fhough quest 4 would be announced soon, quite some time earlier than it was originally planned for. Soon De'kra would learn if he was going to be on the mission or not.