XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

C-3PO looks better here, and the new astromechs are just wow. :cry_happy:

It was about time they introduced the R5 units. Even when your Star Wars collection is modest, you'll probably have a bag full of R2-D2's. :hmpf_bad:

It was about time they introduced the R5 units. Even when your Star Wars collection is modest, you'll probably have a bag full of R2-D2's. :hmpf_bad:

Your right, Im loving the new astromech heads and they will give that little more variation to your collection. I do have heeps of R2's. I also think thast its good to get more accurite droids as well. The first time I saw the new R5 heads I was intantly in love :wub: .

Edited by wokajablocka

When we can expect a confirmation of rumors for the summer sets 2012?

Last year in late November we had some more accurate rumors for summer.

Thanks for answer...

When we can expect a confirmation of rumors for the summer sets 2012?

Last year in late November we had some more accurate rumors for summer.

Thanks for answer...

The sets are already listed on the first page of this topic!

except for unknown surprises! *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

Yes, I saw and it is great list for OT fans!

but I thought some things more accurately, like set numbers, minifigs included etc.

Very excited about rumored Jabbas Palace! :classic:

We can hope only that will get some more info soon...

Thanks for reply.

So we have more surprises in store us?! Can't wait to see what else we are getting. Hopefully the Jabbas' Palace rumors are true and we get a Rancor!!

As for the R5 unit heads, I love them. A much needed upgrade from the one we got in the Sandcrawlers set.

Jamie

yeah the summer sets and the "must have" set tip a while ago in this thread :laugh:

(not to mention UCS, exclusives and others etc)

As I said before I believe these sets are rumors not planned sets but rumors.

If these sets are real then I'm only happy about the Desert Skiff and Jabbas Palace...In the Skiff I can see 3 minifigs--Lando(Guard),Boba Fett and Weequay with the Skiff(a small lanch pad for Boba and spear box) and a new Sarlac Pit for around 24$-30$

As for Jabba's Palace I could really see a Luke(Jedi),Leia(Boushh),Han(carbonite),Gamorrean Guard,8D8,GNK Droid,a printed Jabba and an incredible Rancor with a first level with a openning doors on the left side,the rancor pit as the center room and a small prison room on the right side and then a seond level with a Han in Carbonite room on the left,Jabba's throne as the center room and the droid room on the right side.

But if these are the sets that will come out it going to be rough year.

As I said before I believe these sets are rumors not planned sets but rumors.

Sets that are just rumors or speculation don't make it into the first post. :wink:

XXXX Desert Skiff

XXXX Cloud Car

XXXX Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter

XXXX Felucian Fighter

XXXX The Old Republic Starfighter

XXXX AT-ST Endor

XXXX Jabba’s Palace

Those are rumored sets for june, not yet confirmed. You can see this in the fisrt post. Only planet sets series 2 are confirmed for june.

Yes I belive these sets are going to be true.

Among them are two from Planet Set Line (at-st and cloud car), someone mentioned that a while ago when first rumors came out and they are confirmed in first post... So we dont know yet for other two sets, I think summer wave has 7 regular sets plus 2 exclusives.

I hope we will find it out very soon!!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but in Anakin's Starfighter R2's legs are still attached, so TLG must've put a slot in fr him. Cool, but might look ackward from the side.

After seeing the huge T-Rex in the Dino sets, I can see Lego making a large Rancor for the Jabba's set. I feel like it will be either really awesome or pretty lame.

-Derek

I think Lego should have a Jabba's palace with a new Jabba and a separate set, a Rancor's Pit, with a new Rancor, no new Jabba.

But since the summer rumours aren't like that you never know... :shrug_confused:

Everything looks pretty good, but like a few others have said there is just too much detail on the stormtroopers.

I also am not too sure if I am a fan of the re designed ST torso also. We all have these massive squads of ST's and now there are different ones to add to the mix :sceptic:

Jek has a normal torso too it looks like. I wish Lego got creative and made him look like he is pushing 250 like Porkins really was. Great detail on the helmet though.

Also, does anyone think we'll begin to get any S4 CW troopers any time soon? That would be great to expand on ep 3 clones. I am starting to think my favorite set is going to be the Eta. I guess overall we can't complain but TLG is changing a lot of torso's and details and I am not sure if I am excited or concerned for the minifig future with some characters :sick:

Still waiting for a sweet printed version of S4 Rex :wub: take note, Lego! I do not think I am the only one :classic:

I like the bronze Commando Droids, but I honestly wouldn't mind which colour variant appears in the final set. The main appeal to me in that set is the ARC Trooper, as he looks awesome. The ARF Trooper also looks good.

As for the Sandtroopers, I like the approach they've taken with them, as it shows they are attempting different techniques with printing. I think the new torso print looks... too... 'boxy' and rough for my preference. I like the old, 'smoothly integrated' style of armour-print, not because it has a more 'lego-y' feel to it, but because it is relatively unobtrusive and not really 'in your face' as much as the new one is.

The X-Wing looks great, a huge improvement on 6212, and the minifigures compliment it incredibly well. That R5 droid is brilliant.

The TIE fighter also looks great, and I really like how they did the grey struts around the outside of the wings. Again, fantastic set of minifigs.

I've always thought that the Jabba fig has been due for an update for a long time now, and with the current trend of highly-detailed minifigs/creatures, I do think we're getting a printed version in the rumored set next year, though I would assume if it would be still the same mold as before (like what they did with the Gungans). There is no sense of giving us a printed Rancor at the expense of the same old unprinted Jabba IMO. Jabba is a much more important character anyway, but if they could give us both (no matter how expensive), it would certainly be good news. :sweet:

I'm saying there shouldn't be a Jabba minifigure at all in the Rancor set, not having an old Jabba minifigure. :classic:

I love the new detailed figs but IMO they are getting too detailed and almost loosing their Lego feel. I like how they are evolving the fig and making them more accurite but I hate how the new molds and prints relly jack up the price. Look at the Tuskan raider, I think he looks fine but a new molded head would look awsome but it would lose the iconic Lego look.

Ive said it befor but if they had more simpifyed figs with better prints they could achive a great looking fig with out comprimising on the Lego feel.

About the Jabba set for next year. I think Lego need to go back to making 'TRULY SYSTEM SETS'. Remember that Lego bought out sets in a system so you could build up on a specific theme? Each set could sit next to each other and build up your Lego City with more cars and bulding. Maybe the Star Wars line should work more like this origianl idear. Imagin getting the Rancor pit and Jabas throne room in two diffrent sets that acctually was ment to join up, similar the the home one set with two diffrent rooms that joined together. This wil give people the choice to get the figs their after at a cheaper price as you dont need to spend big on a massive set and they broke them down into samaller sets. If you want them all you can buy them all. Pritty simple im my mind.

I know SW sets do some what go togeter like the same sceen or movie but IMO they are still not really system sets, but indevidual. Maybe battle packs are true system as they where made to go together but most sets are not.

BRING ON TRUE SW SYSTEM SETS.

Sister (or brother :tongue: ), I'm with ya. I love the fleshies, and I really wish that they would put them into all the sets, licensed or not. Then again, I also love the CW faces, and almost everone hates those. :sceptic:

Anyway, I agree with StoutFiles, and if you want to continue the discussion, make another thread for it. :wink:

I agree on both points. With some sets, it almost seems impossible to not use flesh-skinned minifigs. The new Dino theme comes to mind... it would perhaps look more serious. It's also annoying if you're looking for faces to customise your army with, and all of the good prints are on yellow heads...

Clone Wars minifigs aren't too bad either. Sure, incompatibility, but I've never really cared about that. :tongue:

I know SW sets do some what go togeter like the same sceen or movie but IMO they are still not really system sets, but indevidual. Maybe battle packs are true system as they where made to go together but most sets are not.

That's a good point. Majority of Star Wars sets are vehicles, and iconic as they may be, they're more like display pieces. I recently bought the most recent AT-AT and Echo Base, and even though that's enough to set up a small scene, it still doesn't seem like enough.

Like the recent amount of Hoth-related sets, I'd like a specific part of Star Wars to be the focus each wave with multiple sets for them, particularly buildings and things. For example, an Endor wave with bunkers and trees rather than unrelated vehicles from different eras.

That's a good point. Majority of Star Wars sets are vehicles, and iconic as they may be, they're more like display pieces. I recently bought the most recent AT-AT and Echo Base, and even though that's enough to set up a small scene, it still doesn't seem like enough.

Like the recent amount of Hoth-related sets, I'd like a specific part of Star Wars to be the focus each wave with multiple sets for them, particularly buildings and things. For example, an Endor wave with bunkers and trees rather than unrelated vehicles from different eras.

This has been brought up before, and the explanation was that it would be easier and more enjoyable for kids to play with a random ship or vehicle than to act within the confines of a playset.

I love the new detailed figs but IMO they are getting too detailed and almost loosing their Lego feel. I like how they are evolving the fig and making them more accurite but I hate how the new molds and prints relly jack up the price. Look at the Tuskan raider, I think he looks fine but a new molded head would look awsome but it would lose the iconic Lego look.

Ive said it befor but if they had more simpifyed figs with better prints they could achive a great looking fig with out comprimising on the Lego feel.

About the Jabba set for next year. I think Lego need to go back to making 'TRULY SYSTEM SETS'. Remember that Lego bought out sets in a system so you could build up on a specific theme? Each set could sit next to each other and build up your Lego City with more cars and bulding. Maybe the Star Wars line should work more like this origianl idear. Imagin getting the Rancor pit and Jabas throne room in two diffrent sets that acctually was ment to join up, similar the the home one set with two diffrent rooms that joined together. This wil give people the choice to get the figs their after at a cheaper price as you dont need to spend big on a massive set and they broke them down into samaller sets. If you want them all you can buy them all. Pritty simple im my mind.

The problem with sets like those are that often neither of the sets feels complete without the other. And what that leads to is decreased sales for both sets rather than an increase in the number of people who buy both; this is why recent Harry Potter sets deviated from the original standard of models being integrated. Such sets can be done well, and indeed LEGO does so in other themes, such as with the recent set 4867 Hogwarts which attaches to 4842 Hogwarts Castle; or with the obvious example of the modular buildings. But doing so with Jabba's Palace opens up a new can of worms. Jabba's palace has the trapdoor leading to the Rancor pit. If the Rancor pit is excluded from the set, how do you make the trapdoor remain functional?

And I disagree that more detail on figs compromises the "LEGO look". Personally, I love the new prints, particularly the new faces which feel more vivacious than the dead-eyed faces of such figs as classic Luke. To each his own, I suppose.

When should we expect seeing reviews of these sets? Isn't it usually by December?

The problem with sets like those are that often neither of the sets feels complete without the other. And what that leads to is decreased sales for both sets rather than an increase in the number of people who buy both; this is why recent Harry Potter sets deviated from the original standard of models being integrated. Such sets can be done well, and indeed LEGO does so in other themes, such as with the recent set 4867 Hogwarts which attaches to 4842 Hogwarts Castle; or with the obvious example of the modular buildings. But doing so with Jabba's Palace opens up a new can of worms. Jabba's palace has the trapdoor leading to the Rancor pit. If the Rancor pit is excluded from the set, how do you make the trapdoor remain functional?

And I disagree that more detail on figs compromises the "LEGO look". Personally, I love the new prints, particularly the new faces which feel more vivacious than the dead-eyed faces of such figs as classic Luke. To each his own, I suppose.

I know what your saying but if done properly we could have some really nice sets and not comprimise on quallity. I cant see the diffrenc if they split a $100 set into two $50 sets. I just remembered the origianl Jabba's palace set with the additional sets of Jabba's prize and Jabba's message, I'm sure these sets sold well. I know the Palace is not the best place to start with one needing to be on top of the other but its still possable and I would hope Lego would take this direction in the future.