XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Hey guys, I was reading this old article on Groovebricks, and I noticed at the bottom it mentioned 2 other 2012 sets, The battle of Naboo and Poggle's Factory. I'm not sure where these came from, because I haven't seen any rumours like that. The only thing is that Queen Amidala could be in the Naboo set. Article

Hey guys, I was reading this old article on Groovebricks, and I noticed at the bottom it mentioned 2 other 2012 sets, The battle of Naboo and Poggle's Factory. I'm not sure where these came from, because I haven't seen any rumours like that. The only thing is that Queen Amidala could be in the Naboo set. Article

They where mentioned ages ago the Factory one was a hoax and the BON one was the blurry made up set using existing images.

Wow, these new sets look awesome especially the new battle packs. Any chance they'll be here in time for Christmas?

That's what I'm wondering about too. Most of the other themes' winter 2012 sets are out already so hopefully we'll see these before Christmas.

I can't get into X-wing. It's too.. dated compared with TIE Fighter and Alliance. But yeah It should be mandatory to have played an X-wing game to post in this forum (If i had it my way the whole Internet)

Agreed, the game is too old to fully enjoy now. I believe the Rogue Squadron series to be the best of the modern Star Wars games in terms of flying a ship.

Edited by StoutFiles

Wow, these new sets look awesome especially the new battle packs. Any chance they'll be here in time for Christmas?

They are usually released a week before Christmas. (at least on toysrus.com) There is a pattern for LEGO's product releases. Anyway, This looks to be one of the strongest Winter lineups to date. Really excited for the new TIE Fighter, BPs, and Geonosian Cannon.

Earlier someone said there were going to be 8 planet sets, anyone know what the other 2 are going to be? I have a good feeling there going to be two clone wars sets I would personal like to see a Umbara set with a republic Gunship and a 501ST Clone trooper and a Dathomir set with Ventress' Starfighter and Ventress.

Geonosian Zombie back-printing:

222px-Geonosian_Zombie-2.jpg

Man, I'm on a roll today. I've found about 20 new pictures across 4 different themes. :sweet:

Cool, now find some of the UCS B-Wing and R2!! :grin:

Those are the only 2 I am waiting for now.

The rest of the 2012 all look good to me.

Thanks for the hard work, Jamie

They are usually released a week before Christmas. (at least on toysrus.com) There is a pattern for LEGO's product releases. Anyway, This looks to be one of the strongest Winter lineups to date. Really excited for the new TIE Fighter, BPs, and Geonosian Cannon.

I agree with you. I felt the Summer/Fall 2011 lineup was really weak. All I got were the new clone battle packs. Nothing else looks particularly interesting in my opinion.

They look pretty cool! :sweet:

Hopefully the Pod racer will get its own nameplate as well

Me too. But rather a tan one.

Those nameplates can come in handy for MOC's too, even though they are pretty small, I would still like to see it below my own Interceptor or Naboo fighter.

Edited by Hollander

IMG_5386__scaled_600.jpg

This picture of the TIE fighter included a pilot with a face, do you think we will get that or a normal black face in the planet one?

Edited by ceroknight

Added more HR images from the new Star Wars sets to my BS gallery!

Including larger pics of the planet sets!

Warning some images are 3000+ pxl

Sample

d_9493_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9493_detail_3_800.jpg

Sorry I don't have the time at the moment to link them all

So I hope Kevin will release the folders soon!

all in there :

Note, all those pics come from Amazon

Exsept a lot smaller! :tongue:

I'd say this aft view of 9493 should be enough to convince everyone that it is not too similar to 6212. The area's been vastly improved.

I'd say this aft view of 9493 should be enough to convince everyone that it is not too similar to 6212.

Which does not mean that it is very well designed.

I would not be surprised if 2 designers worked on that project.

One did the nose and the cockpit. :thumbup:

And another one did the back and the wings. :thumbdown:

Edited by Anio