lightningtiger

MOC: New Mannum Town Centre

Since I've finished the chemist and toy shop, plus the addition of garden centre gate....more photos.....

street_scene_1_26-7-10.jpgstreet_scene_2_26-7-10.jpg

Comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Now this is what I call a main street !

street_scene_2-8-2010_pic_1.jpg

A shot from a different angle.......

street_scene_2-8-2010_pic_2.jpg

I have now new plans - the curve section in front of the menswear store will go for a 4 way junction which one side will go down to a boat ramp. On the other corner - a pub, with another revamp of the Bridgestone Select going next to it - follow by a Target Country store next to the grocery store which sits along side the menswear.

There is still a long way before this town centre itself is even finished, then the tractor/farm supplies place, oh yeah a truck stop and the mega-surprise at the end ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks 'jonwil' for your kind comment :sweet:- I'm still working on the main street, but I have a problem......street names ?

Any suggestions ?

Maybe name the streets after prominent figures of Australian History? One thing that I would personally need to see would be Erwin Street. You know, native Australian, Crocodile Hunter?

Also; are you going to have shops on the other side of the street, or are you going to leave it open for easier viewing?

Thanks for the kind words and your ideas 'cralegoboy' - true, famous Aussie names for streets sound good - let me think about it.

Now the answer to the other side of this street is .......riverbank......a pretty riverbank with green grass and trees, so yes playability is my true aim of this design overall.

Oooh, a riverfront main street! That will look absolutely lovely. Are you going to actually make the river?

A river - you bet, it will have a river......well I couldn't call it a river town without a river now could I. Now I did also say boat ramp and a surprise when I completing the MOC, which will be at least 9 (32x32 stud) x 9 (32x32 stud) base plates big overall (whew)! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'cralegoboy' I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I haven't been keeping up with this topic as I should be. Anyway, lovely town lightningtiger it really is begining to take shape. I was expecting a topic for the chemist so I didn't comment sooner. It is wonderful. :thumbup:

If you are struggling with street names how about: Arjay Street? Arjay Lane? Arjay Road? Honestly those names are the best. :tongue:

Well done!

If you are struggling with street names how about: Arjay Street? Arjay Lane? Arjay Road? Honestly those names are the best. :tongue:

What about Arjay Walk? :laugh: Got it? No? Jaywalk... Ok I'm too funny for this forum... :hmpf:

Thanks for the comments 'Lord Arjay' and 'Fugazi' - I should be starting work on the two 4 way intersections tomorrow - that is tiling paths etc., plus planning the Target Country store.

Now for those not know what one is, well it's clothing, manchester, some cookware/dinnerware, basic electricals (like toasters and dvd players) plus some toys as well.

These stores can vary greatly in size from small in Hamiliton Victoria to large like Clare South Australia (good wine country :devil: HIC !).

G'day everyone again.

Just posting an image on what my department store will be based around.....

centre405.jpg

Though not as wide, still it will fill a 32 wide plate......oh, Fossey's stores became...Target Country stores.....as they were in the country.

Now I did also say boat ramp and a surprise when I completing the MOC...

A paddle steamer will not be a surprise, since I've already guessed it. :tongue: Where is that quintessentially SA phenomenon, the traditional, European style church in the middle of the Australian desert?

Thanks for comments 'Wolfy 8880' - well it's not a paddle steamer but on saying that one could be on the drawing cards - maybe like the P.S. Industry or P.S. Marion both of which still run and are AWESOME to travel on.

A church on the outskirts......hmm.....let me think about it !

Anyway gang keep on guessing.....what else is river related to a town ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Anyway gang keep on guessing.....what else is river related to a town ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

a bridge...and some ducks.

Well done, this is shaping up to be a truly beautiful main street! the tool store is one of my favorites so far :thumbup:

And my guess is some sort of water shipping or fishing industry :tongue:

Thanks 'gotoAndLego' (you guessed it) and 'Fires-storm' for your kind comments :sweet: - but what style of bridge is the final project (or close to being the final one) going to be ?

I'm a conformist! everyone !

So, have you made any progress? I'm dying to see new pictures!

Sorry :sadnew: , there 'cralegoboy' but I have been busy with a few other matters around the home.

On saying that, I've started work in LDD on the branch of Target Country, plus a total rethink on the Bridgestone Select store - new fresh and realistic design while still working around the 7642 garage.

As soon as I have another MOC done you will all be seeing it......so I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Just a quick one today.....

street_scene_1_12-8-10.jpgstreet_scene_2_12-8-10.jpg

The hardware store now has a higher roof and of course the improvements to the delivery truck, comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

indexed.gif

This is how Target Country fits in the plan of things........

street_scene_1_30-8-10.jpg

I still have to get a stack of 2x2 lbg tiles to finish off the roadplates with footpaths.

Comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Your target store is great,it shows you have made careful consideration to the layout. I wonder do you do little research trips to the real stores looking for inspiration. A little suggestion perhaps split up the red and white buildings of target and iga. I look forward to your next project.

Edited by Redcross

Your target store is great,it shows you have made careful consideration to the layout. I wonder do you do little research trips to the real stores looking for inspiration. A little suggestion perhaps split up the red and white buildings of target and iga. I look forward to your next project.

Thanks for the comments 'Redcross', yes I do alot of research both on the internet and visiting actual stores.

So keep out on the lookout for more updates.....I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is like watching someone play Sim City. :thumbup:

Thanks 'Brickaroo' for your comment, I guess it's like Sim City - though I have never used it ever on a computer.

More stuff will be done tomorrow and posted a.s.a.p. !