???theriddler???

Batman Films Discussion

Not that this is a surprise, but I'm glad to see it confrimed. But boy, if they mess this up, the whole series will be ruined, because expectations are so high after TDK.

I'm hoping for the Penguin to be the main villain this time. He seems like the logical choice, being one of the most recognizable Bat villains. I'm hoping he's portrayed as really creepy, like in the old movie with him, along with a dark storyline, like TDK.

Harley Quinn might be a possibility, connecting with Joker's "death" (if he did die), but I'm leaning towards Poison Ivy. Although Gordon didn't have any daughters in TDK, so that background might be demolished... :look:

I cant remember where I read this but apparently the filmed a lot of heath ledger and they have heaps of back up footage and they could edit him into a scene so he is in the 3rd movie. I really want it to be either the riddler or the penguin because they would build on the whole scary dark Batman thing they created with TDK.

Harley Quinn might be a possibility, connecting with Joker's "death" (if he did die), but I'm leaning towards Poison Ivy. Although Gordon didn't have any daughters in TDK, so that background might be demolished... :look:

Maybe he might have a daughter in the 3rd one to set it up for a fourth in this series.

Michail Caine, who proved to be right before TDK release, BTW. ) :classic:

Sorry good friend, but that quote has since been debunked, as it was said way before writing even begun on the third and those two choices were merely the fan suggested ones from back in the pre-TDK days.

Not sure about that. Would you have honestly thought that the Scare Crow could have been made into the realistic villain he was portrayed in the first movie?

I know this isn't directed at me, but Scarecrow has ALWAYS been a rather realistic villain. How he was portrayed in Batman Begins is pretty much how he's always been portrayed.

Heath Ledger had a huge affect on the succes on the DK. Not only finacial, but just pulling off the schcotic mind set of the Joker. His acting was amazing, and if it weren't for him, the film wouldn't have done any better than the first (whitch isn't bad. The first movie did well, but know where close to the DK.) His character is really what made the movie memerable.

Now thats not to say that the third can't be good. Nolan has proven he can make a great movie, but he has very large shoes to fill. Even if they are his own.

I see what you mean, but I didn't mean in financial terms but in how good of a film it was. Sure, Ledger did bring the film up as well, but it was already set to earn more than Begins since the first film had since gained a large medium of awareness. Like you say though, it wouldn't have earned as much without Ledger. I maintain personally that Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent was the better performance though.

Catwoman could easily be done in realistic fashion. At least no more easier than the riddler or the Penguin. Her family gets killed and she turns into a lonely "cat lady" with dozens of cats living with her and goes a little crazy in the process! :tongue: Heck, she doesn't even need to where a cat suit. Just pike her hair to make ears or something. :tongue:

I guess you could go with that if you wanted to burn, destroy and ruin one of the greatest comic characters in history :tongue:

Or she could be the independent and antiheroic cat burglar she's always been.

Catwoman's theme is a little strained, but they managed to make Scarecrow's scare tactics and Twoface's coinflip obsession work very well, so they might be able to pull her off.

I'd be interested in knowing what you think Catwoman's "theme" is.

I don't like Dr. Freeze so I'm glad it's not him. Batman villains tend towards the one-dimensional and gimmicky and he's particularly bad. I kinda like Penguin.

I think you should check up better on the source material, Mr Freeze has been one of the most tragic, 3d and moving villains since 1992.

but I'm leaning towards Poison Ivy. Although Gordon didn't have any daughters in TDK, so that background might be demolished... :look:

Actually Gordon did have a daughter in TDK, she can be seen scared of Two-Face in the finale. Also it was only in The Batman show that Poison Ivy had any connection with her.

I cant remember where I read this but apparently the filmed a lot of heath ledger and they have heaps of back up footage and they could edit him into a scene so he is in the 3rd movie. I really want it to be either the riddler or the penguin because they would build on the whole scary dark Batman thing they created with TDK.

No, they don't. While they do have extra footage of him there is no way that would work, unless it was only for a very, very brief moment, and even then it would be controversial and probably not allowed.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I know this isn't directed at me, but Scarecrow has ALWAYS been a rather realistic villain. How he was portrayed in Batman Begins is pretty much how he's always been portrayed.

...Except in Batman Begins he wasn't wearing a raggedy old t-shirt with a rope tied around him and a Witch's hat. :grin::wink:

...Except in Batman Begins he wasn't wearing a raggedy old t-shirt with a rope tied around him and a Witch's hat. :grin::wink:

Yeah, but how is that unrealistic? My point was that you could've had him in the whole getup and it wouldn't have been any less realistic. He even got a cool dirty straight jacket in the finale.

I am really excited about Nolan's third (and hopefully final) Batman film. He took the franchise to new levels and revived it in a way that was unimaginable. I really hope that the third is the last so that it is a complete trilogy that tells the story he wants told, as opposed to the previous films that went on when they shouldn't have.

Maybe he might have a daughter in the 3rd one to set it up for a fourth in this series.

No, Nolan just announced the other day that Batman 3 will be the last installment (that he will make, at least).

As for lesser known Bat-enemies:

If the back cover text of my german "Batman: Gotham Knight" copy is true, then the content of the episodes is canon for Nolan's instance of the Bat-universe. So Killer-Croc and Deadshot (and even Firefly?) have been done already.

I won't discuss artistic discrepancies here because the episodes' makers were most-likely given freedom to explore the visual terrain from a widespread artistic background here.

Bat-greetings,

Cutty

Edited by Cutty

Sorry good friend, but that quote has since been debunked, as it was said way before writing even begun on the third and those two choices were merely the fan suggested ones from back in the pre-TDK days.

Really? I didn't know that. :sad:

However I still think that I'll become an ideal villain as well as the Riddler. ) And of course I forgot to mention the advertisement in "The Gotham Times" with Iceberg Lounge. ) Here.

I hope that's a hint and I'm not holding on the straw! ) :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Really? I didn't know that. :sad:

However I still think that I'll become an ideal villain as well as the Riddler. ) And of course I forgot to mention the advertisement in "The Gotham Times" with Iceberg Lounge. ) Here.

I hope that's a hint and I'm not holding on the straw! ) :laugh:

While the actors playing the Riddler and Penguin were debunked, I still think that these villains are a possibility. Like the Joker and Scarecrow, the Riddler and Penguin would be easy to make into "real people" like Nolan did with previous villains (which I love). I really hope he stays to the trend of making the villains real people that are just crazy as opposed to some freaks of nature who transform in terrible accidents.

Hopefully the Riddler and Penguin/Catwoman/Harley enlist Scarecrow's help in this film. Scarecrow is indeed my favorite villain in the Nolan bat films. If they could pump his hallucinogens in the streets again... I would just die. I certainly hope we get a Nolan Baman Beyond film like I've dreamed of after this one.

Hopefully the Riddler and Penguin/Catwoman/Harley enlist Scarecrow's help in this film. Scarecrow is indeed my favorite villain in the Nolan bat films. If they could pump his hallucinogens in the streets again... I would just die. I certainly hope we get a Nolan Baman Beyond film like I've dreamed of after this one.

I'm curious as to why Catwoman would enlist Scarecrow. However I agree, I'd love for him to be the one villain that spans all the films, even if he's just interrogated by Batman in Arkham in the third one. Plus Cillian Murphy plays him wonderfully.

I think we can confirm the riddler as the main villan

but I don't know if thats johnny depp

on second though, thats not real, I just found some other pictures like it, and I'm sure there fake.

batman_3_poster___riddler_by_joshwmc.jpg

batman3-fake-art2.jpg

batman3-fake-art1.jpg

Edited by sok117

Those are definitely fake. I'd be really surprised if those were official :wacko:

:laugh: Catwoman looks like a man! :laugh:

Those are probably fakes. They look pretty good though

Those are verry old fakes - although, I'd love to see David Tennant as the Riddler.

2012, not 2010. ) :classic:

And perhaps it's improper to post obvious fakes in the topic, at least if you don't tell everybody that it is one. However i wouldn't personally like to see HQ without the Joker. I can still remember Birds of Pray! :sick:

Thanks for the release date info ???theriddler??? and The Penguin.

Hope the film is as good as the first two films.

LegoGalactus

Man, those images aren't just fake, they're dumb! Catwoman looks way too muscular, and Kristen Bell as Harley Quinn makes me want to puke. :sick: Riddler's okay, but I have no doubt that, if they use him in Batman 3, he won't be wearing an outfit anything like his classic one. Finally, what kind of title is "Gotham City?" That sounds more like a TV show than a movie, and it makes it sound like it won't really be about Batman. :hmpf:

In other news, I am also glad that they aren't recasting the Joker. Trying to replicate Heath Ledger's performance would just be a disaster in waiting, and Joker's story is already wrapped up anyway. Some references to his reign of terror would be fine in Batman 3, but other than that the final movie should have a totally new central villian. :wink:

Edited by Grevious

Riddler's okay, but I have no doubt that, if they use him in Batman 3, he won't be wearing an outfit anything like his classic one.

Er, why? Joker wore his classic outfit.

Er, why? Joker wore his classic outfit.

Yeah, but the Joker is also insane - and even then, it wasn't exactly the same as his classic outfit. Then again, you might have a point - I guess I'd just personally like to see a more subdued riddler, in the vein of Two-face's and Scarecrow's costumes. :sceptic: