Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Spanish Imperial Galleon - Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion

This is an amazing MOC. Te detailing is amazing and beautiful. I love the usage of colors. to recreate the classic paint design.

Wow. This ship is brilliant, I love the size I love the detail and also the sails. It looks great. Also Like the ships cat, don't see much people add the ships cat.

An amazing ship, it is beautifully made! The dedication and attention to detail speaks volumes! Well done both of you! :)

Just revisiting the Indexes and was reminded of this magnificent build! Im blown away every time.

Any plans for new ships??

Edited by legolooney

WWWOOOOAAA!!!! This is sick...but in a good way. Just stumbled over the "best sailingships ever"-post on eurobricks and than discovered this! Gosh am I jealous. Does it still exist?

This is one of the ships that made me want to build my own. A true source of inspiration and motivation! I hope my "Aurora" will one day equal this refinement.

On 11/7/2009 at 3:36 PM, Bonaparte said:

Credit for the lamp designs goes to Captain Blackmoor. We liked them so much we wouldn't want our ship to be without them.

That's still for another project I'm working on and which has a lot more dark red as this one. But I did replace some dark red parts in this one also to get rid of color inconsistencies. As a matter of fact, I have thrown away a bag of inconsistent reddish brown parts while building this ship. After we'd build the hull, one evening I replaced all the reddish brown parts with color mismatch. Annoying job, bad LEGO company!

If you want to box up any miss match parts I'll gladly pay for shipping...  I have a use if your throwing them out... 

But love the ship the details all over and the sails...  Did you give them a tea treatment or no also was the flag an iron transfer or did you just use the iron on magic tack is what it's called here to glue the paper to the canvas 

I'm actually  jealous that y'all live so close that you can collaborate...  Wish I had that opportunity 

Edited by Roadmonkeytj