Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Z's Lighthouse

What do you mean? Do you mean I do not have any ships using the Lego® style hulls? Or is this sarcasm?

I am a big fan of your landscaping skills so keep pouring out the MOCs so I can "borrow" your techniques!

Na, I just thought that ships using the Lego style hulls would be a bit smallish in comparism to the tower.

Perfectionist

Na, I just thought that ships using the Lego style hulls would be a bit smallish in comparism to the tower.

So would this one satisfy you ;)

aphantom1309.jpg

Holy crap!

This ship isn't technically finished but I have decided it is "too black" as is. Though perhaps this isn't the right place to discuss it, I am working on revamping the ship... I am switching the red to the burgundy "dark red" color and making more of the exterior dark red instead of black. I already switched the decking over to reddish brown, but some of the cool details, like the front statue details, the rigging and the anchors get lost in the “big blob of black” that is most of this ship. I haven’t decided if I am going to switch up the cabin structure yet- but I may go with a more traditional look back there as well. I also made the gun ports bigger so I will be going from 16 guns per side on the gun deck down to about 12-14 with a corresponding amount less on the main deck. Keep your eyes peeled for updates on “The Phantom”!

This is one of the best entries I have seen so far, I especcialy love the rocky island with the nature on it.

Well done :thumbup: !

This is one of the best entries I have seen so far, I especcialy love the rocky island with the nature on it.

Well done :thumbup: !

It's not a PTVII entry - but should have been. It is so damn good

That is a lovely cabin... if it weren't going to be integrated into Fort Brighton as was a complete stand alone MOC, I think I would consider it. I do like that log technique though, is that one of yours Joey?

Nope, I just found an example on Brickshelf.

Great lighthouse. :thumbup::pir-classic:

I like the little stairs to the boat also with the fishies drying in the wind.

So would this one satisfy you ;)

Wow, well that one certainly does!

I just saw some smaller ships of you while browsing the ship MOC index. I didn't know about this one though. The rigging is superb. And although is seems to be made with prefab hull pieces they're not visible. Quite stunning.

Ok, so I guess I have to take back that comment. You appear to have a ship, a harbor, a fort and now a lighthouse and all of them are superb.

Perfectionist

I just saw some smaller ships of you while browsing the ship MOC index. I didn't know about this one though. The rigging is superb. And although is seems to be made with prefab hull pieces they're not visible. Quite stunning.

Not made with prefabbed- the ship is probably about 24 studs wide at the widest point and 20-22 studs on the main deck- quite a bit bigger than the prefabs (16 or 12)-- though maybe it should be 2-4 studs wider still... anyhow, that is the whole problem with all the black- it looks like a giant blob of black and you can't see any of the details!

I do have quite a few prefabbed ships lying around- most of them much smaller than the Phantom is... but how about this one? I think it is the first one in the ship index!!

aaarbiterm1.jpg

Not as impressive and a couple of years old now- but back then it was one of the biggest ships on the forum. Now some of the mightest ship builders build creations that blow this one out of the water- but at the time it was pretty cool... even if it doesn't have full rigging or realistic dimensions!

Edited by ZCerberus

amazing, great job! very insperational! i would love to build something like that some day, but how do you get all thoses bricks?

Umm hello!

I luckily happen to live in Minnesota where there is a nearby Lego store. The "pick-a-brick" wall there often has odd elements that really help my acquire parts. Other than that I spend too much money on them ;)

WOW! the whole thing looks amazing!

Napolean Bonaparte once said: "Genuis is an infinate attention to detail" And if thats true, your a genius...

I would really like to know how you did the spiral staircase.

Got any shots with the light on?

Edited by the_green_avenger

Once again, an amazing job! Now we can see the nice details as well, like the jetty.

It's crammed with details! Nice work on the stairs in the rock as well.

Neat! :thumbup:

Wow thats beautiful! I love the details, and the SNOT rock (which I recently learned was actually studs-not-on-top, who knew?) is amazing! keep up the good work Z! definite :thumbup: :thumbup:

Awesome lighthouse. And it's just great to have one on the Lego-caribbean (or wherever)

But is it wise to build it out of 'wood' and did they really do that?

Anyway, you can't miss this thing when you're on a ship, great MOC!

But is it wise to build it out of 'wood' and did they really do that?

Yes- early lighthouses were indeed made out of wood- they burned down- a lot.