Peppermint_M

Which Comic Do You Read?

Well, it looks like Wolverine is following in the likes of Thor and Loki and becoming a woman.

I get it. We need more women in comic books. But can't we just come up with new interesting characters who are women instead of changing the gender of other interesting characters?

I'm more OK with Thor becoming a woman than Wolverine and Loki. Hell, Thor was a frog and a horse-faced alien at one point. There's context to the gender change. With Wolverine and Loki, it feels like a marketing gimmick to appease comic book fans who want more gender diversity.

Again, I like gender diversity. I encourage gender diversity. But really, wouldn't it be even better if women got their own great characters instead of having to hitch a ride on the fame of male characters?

Wolverine is being killed off, and the mantle of wolverine is being handed to X-23. I wouldn't say that wolverine is becoming female as X-23 is a completely different character. With Loki and Thor they are basically the same characters.

X-23 has been around since 2004 ands essentially a daughter to Logan ( although they are biologically clones ) and is a lot different than Logan personality wise. It's less of a gender change and more of a Secret identity change, which happens all the time ( Spider-man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Green Lantern, Batman, Flash, Robin, Green Arrow, ect ). Wolverine has been boring for a long long time. Nothing new has happened to him, it's always a rehash of old ideas like him losing his healing factor. Personally I'm looking forward to this.

In DC news is anyone else pumped for Darksied returning next year? From the sounds of it, it will be Darksied vs Antimonitor with the justice league stuck in the middle.

Female Loki has been around for a good while too. And Wolverine isn't becoming a female, he's just being killed off. Like what Sam said, X-23 is getting the mantle.

Ok, I guess I was wrong about the Wolverine change. I just never viewed him as a legacy hero so I assumed it was some weird gender alteration. It seems that I need to look up the facts before I post. :grin:

Female Loki has been around for a good while too. And Wolverine isn't becoming a female, he's just being killed off. Like what Sam said, X-23 is getting the mantle.

This is why I can no longer stand to read comics. I read old but gold stuff, like Steve Ditko Spider-man, Jack Kirby Fantastic Four and Captain America, and Byrne's X-men. :wub:

Edited by Jared

I'm finally reading Age of Ultron although I only have issues 1-4 and 6&7. It's alright for now, but I haven't heard great things about it. I like how powerful the Ultron Drones are though. She Hulk was down with one finger to the head! :oh3: Also, Hawkeye dual wielding crossbows was BA.

I'm looking to find a good series with Moon Knight in it, any suggestions?

I'm finally reading Age of Ultron although I only have issues 1-4 and 6&7. It's alright for now, but I haven't heard great things about it. I like how powerful the Ultron Drones are though. She Hulk was down with one finger to the head! :oh3: Also, Hawkeye dual wielding crossbows was BA.

I'm looking to find a good series with Moon Knight in it, any suggestions?

Er....Moon Knight's own series?

Er....Moon Knight's own series?

Well yeah :tongue: But anything else? Any specific arcs or issues he's awesome in?

Tbh, I haven't read much Moon Knight. But what I have read, I enjoyed. The Bottom is really good as was Vengeance Of The Moon Knight. But that's all I can recommend as that's all I've read of him!

Well yeah :tongue: But anything else? Any specific arcs or issues he's awesome in?

Moon Knight had a sizable role in Original Sin which just ended. I'd check that out. :thumbup:

Over the past 2 months I've binged on a lot of DC comics, mainly new 52 but some non 52 books. So far the list consists of:

Green Lantern vol 1,2 & 3

Green Lantern Corps. Vol 1

Green Lantern New Guardians vol 1

SHAZAM vol 1

Trinity war

Injustice vol 1&2

Flash vol 1 & 2 (reread)

Batman vol 1,2 & 3 (reread)

Justice League 1,2 & 3 ( reread)

Batman hush

Futures End 1-11, plus the tie ins for Batman, Action Comics, Dective comics, green lantern, green lantern corps, superman & Wonderwoman, batman and Robin, Batman & Superman, Justice League United, Justice League, Grayson and Batgirl

Justice League United 1-4

Superman Wonderwoman 1-3

Superman 32-34

a few villains months issues ( Brainiac, Zod, Bizzaro, Lex Luthor, Mr Freeze and Black Adam)

I'm currently picking up Justice League, Batman, Flash, superman and Wonderwoman, superman each month. So all in all if been reading quite a lot. Plus I read my first Marvel comic in about a year which was Thor Annual #6 from back in the 60's.

Yeah I'm a bit behind.

Current pull list:

Spiderverse

Black Widow

TASM

Thinking of adding Captain Marvel too. I will buy whatever looks interesting some days. Got like four DC LEGO covers coming. Their price makes me happy.

Just got done reading Axis 1. I really liked it. Seems like its going to be a huge action packed story arc with a lot of familiar faces.

I mostly buy trades and the occasional key issue, my main focus is Batman and X-Men.

Just got the first volume of the 2014 Captain Marvel series. Very well done, and definitely a lot of fun. Looking forward to more of the series.

What are your guy's thoughts on the news about the aftermath of Secret Wars on the universes?

It doesn't really sound like its going to be a full reboot. But, I only read one article thus far. If it is, it seems a bit of a quick turnaround from the NOW! reboot. It'll be interesting. I hope that means all the recent losses we've had will be rectified. My friend who owns the comic shop I go to is happy about it, business wise, because it'll bring in new people. Which is true, it's where I came on, with both Marvel & DC.

I don't honestly know what to think! I'm trying not to over react. I have a certain amount of trust in Marvel, so we shall see how it all unfolds. Until then I'm staying far away from discussion till I can make up my own mind!

Besides the contros going on around that, I recently read Justice volumes 1-3. Wow. The whole book is painted. Not inked. It's beautiful! Also found Weapon X and read that all at once. A very..interesting comic for sure, defiantly one you have to read 2 or 3 times to understand completely.

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

A lot of Asterix recently. Those are a lot of fun!

I like Lucky Luke too, but i have to say Uderzo is a bit better. It's a masterpiecie on every page.

Pocket Disney, although these are sometimes better or worse, one can get bored actually. But it;s like the only regular series coming out here in Poland. Well, i think it's actually like the only regular comic series coming out everywhere in the world :laugh:

Also used to collect a lot of regular issues from Marvel and DC that came in 90s, especially early 90s.

With Hama's G.I.Joe being my favorite. Then some Batmans, Punisher, Spiderman read from time to time. Have a lot of Transfomers to this day as well.

And pretty much every title from time to time. Being a kid you always wanted to have one with you in a train or at the beach, so you bought or asked mom to buy you anything taht was available :blush:

Actually i'm trying to create my own comic books, write a lot of scripts, but it's hard to get a good artist to cooperate with, even if you offer money :sceptic:

My older brother has boxes and boxes of The Phantom comics... that I still read when going back to my parents. Otherwise there is always (also at my parents) Asterix, Calvin and Hobbes, Tin Tin and Commandos.

Oh i'm was a massive Phantom supporter as well! However i dont purchase as many as i used to when i was younger.

However i try to get the annual issue which is jam-packed with a few stories :classic:

Oh i'm was a massive Phantom supporter as well! However i dont purchase as many as i used to when i was younger.

Phantom used to come out in Poland but it wasn't much of a succes, though my cousin had all of the issues so i used to read them when had a chance.

Can't realy remember much from though.

But i do own one Phantom bought in Sweden! :blush: I had this tradition to collect a comic book from every country i visited. Even though i coulnd't understand those languages, well, illustrations speak for themselves. So in 95 or 96 i bought one, with a story about than african general or marschall, have it till this day. It also had some additional stories from other comics.

And yeah, i guess that most of us don't collect that much anymore. In our childhood there were always toys, stickers, chewing gum stickers, collectible cards from chewing gums :wub:

And it's sad that it was almost always just a fashion. Some people are sentimenal till this day, though day focus on different things. What is sad and stupid, is that a lot of rich kids used to get tones of this stuff from their parents, and were very proud of it, and now they are acting like if these toys and comics never existed. Seriously, that's a bit egoistic, having all those toys that other dreamed about or dream till this day, and show no respect. :sceptic:

However i try to get the annual issue which is jam-packed with a few stories

Yeah, i like collected stories as well. Bought myself all 3 parts of Batman Knightfall. That's like 1800 pages!! Nothing better to take for a long trip. Single issues are kind of fast-to-read and it's not really worth to take them for a jorney :wink:

But i do own one Phantom bought in Sweden! :blush: I had this tradition to collect a comic book from every country i visited.

That is a cool tradition!!! Some people collect magnets or postcards when they're overseas.

But comic books is a pretty cool idea

Yeah, although i didn't do that on my recent voyages. Guess it's more because those were always trips to work, and didn't want to bring a souvenir that would remind me of something not enjoyable realy. Would be different if i was simply traveling for fun, or if there would be a specific comic book market that would make me interested. Though i remember now that did buy some Zagor black & white classics in Croata, pretty costly actually, haven't read them till now though. But wanted to read something at that time and croatian is pretty undestandable :)

Oh, and i got myself that first Knightfall volume while coming back trough Amsterdam. Cost me like twice the original american prize, but was worth it :wink: