Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Picked up the Star Wars Battle of Hoth at TRU chadstone in Vic for $69.99 set no. 75014. Pretty happy with it.

If you waited a couple of days, it would have been 20% less! Sale on at TRU.

LEGO S@H specials are up, unfortunately Aussie's don't seem to get the 50% off the UCS B-Wing Starfighter like the US guys do, so we'll be paying $350 to their $100, at least for a couple of days. That I think sets a new record :sceptic:

Most of the deals are 10 - 20% off.

It is absolutely disgusting. If they had halved the B-Wing price here I would have ordered it in a heartbeat despite the US being $100

I'd be very very reluctant to sell the UCS Falcon. It's impressive (and valuable) not just for it's rarity and looks, but its sheer size impresses even non-Lego-fans.

David Jones has the exclusive rights to sell the modulars in Australia. They had the town hall for sale on their website last month for AUD$215 delivered.

This thread is exclusively for Australian based retailers. The mods might jump in here if we discuss Amazon too much. I'll just say that I (and others I know) have bought a bunch of them from the various Amazon sites. I had the Fire Brigade delivered last week from Amazon.fr. This is a good tool to refer to http://brickset.com/...on/#Exclusives.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been busy preparing my body for the Modular series onslaught, did a little perusal and the Aussie mark-up for these sets is erratic.

jSuzT9A.png

There's the Aussie S@H above and the US one below. The identically-priced ($150) US sets Pet Shop, Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade are marked up either $50 or outright doubled. I understand that these sets have been spread over a few years so subject to currency fluctuations but it's still funny to look at. Picked up the (relatively) cheap Palace Cinema from S@H with free shipping and the May 4th Minifig and will probably source the rest from European Amazon stores.

I saw a batman one on special at kmart wynnum today! It was down to $39!

I haven't seen any series 10 yet! I'm thinking gold fever its going to hit pretty hard!

I'm expecting the Palace Cinema to jump price soon. The Town Hall was release at 249.99 here then jumped a few months down the track

May the 4th Sales on S@H have ended for Aussies already. Not terribly fussed about the discounts myself, but it is a shame the order I was planning on putting through won't include a Han Hoth Polybag. I don't think I'll order now & hopefully we'll get the Russell Crowe polybag later in the month like the States do.

I asked my local target about the monster fights because there was heaps and then they were all gone, 2 days later! He told me that there is a Clarence store opening at habourtown on the goldcoast and now they are only keeping Clarence items on sale for a certain time and then it goes to the habour town store! I haven't heard anything before about a clearance store but it would be good if there was one and it had lego!

Had confirmation through Facebook that there is a Target clearance store opening up in July at HT. Might go to the Grand Opening and see if there is any good discounts.

3 Mr Golds now found in Australia 5 in NZ. None by ME :cry_sad:

I have yet to see a single box of Series 10 in WA, let alone a Mr Gold :(

Yet Again WA (aka Wait Awhile) has to wait ages after the eastern states get stuff (and no, the time it takes to actually get here on a truck cant be an excuse unless those trucks are the slowest trucks in the known universe)

I'm in brisbane and haven't seen any series 10 yet! I'm checking everywhere, but so far haven't seen any! Going to check myer carindale today! Fingers crossed!

:hmpf: Dudes, 1 or 2 weeks is usually the maximum delay. Get over it. I haven't seen any yet either, and I'm not complaining. If it was months of delay you have an excuse to be disappointed.

"Waaaahhhh, I'm from SA or WA, and NSW & Victoria gets Lego a week before me, they do it on purpose because they're so mean! :cry3: "

Edited by Artanis I

:hmpf: Dudes, 1 or 2 weeks is usually the maximum delay. Get over it. I haven't seen any yet either, and I'm not complaining. If it was months of delay you have an excuse to be disappointed.

"Waaaahhhh, I'm from SA or WA, and NSW & Victoria gets Lego a week before me, they do it on purpose because they're so mean! :cry3: "

Hehehe. Nicely put :)

Perhaps there are more people there to sell them to? they get there eventually.

Lol, my point was that I'm in brisbane and still haven't seen any, so I don't think where you lives matters its just when the store wants to put them out! The friends series 2 isn't out in most stores because there are still boxes and boxes of series 1!

they get there eventually.

:thumbup:

Lol, my point was that I'm in brisbane and still haven't seen any, so I don't think where you lives matters its just when the store wants to put them out!

My post had little to do with yours btw, there's a few impatient souls that cry foul quite regularly. I think our official release dates are mid-month anyway. New stuff for this month should be on shelf by the end of next week, some retailers put stuff on shelf as soon as it arrives, but aren't supposed to.

MYER and Target in Perth CBD have new stock. MYER has a few boxes of S10, the S2 friends animals (poodle, hedgehog and rabbit). Both of them are over by the toy counter, not with the rest of the LEGO. Target has 2 boxes of S10 (which is where I got the ones I wanted). Both stores have new Superheroes (although I haven't seen either the Superman Smallville set or the Iron Man Mandarin set yet, are those retailer exclusives?)

No clue about Mr Gold as I have no interest in that figure :)

Picked up 5 packets of Series 10 minifigures today at Mr Toys Capalaba (QLD). First time I have seen them in Brisbane. Got a Bee lady, Skydiver, Baseball Player, Roman Soldier and Rich girl.

They also had the new Superman and Iron Man sets. Plus the new Fire Helicopter.

Kmart Ingle Farm had tons of series 10, plus the smallest Man Of Steel and mid-sized Iron Man 3 sets too........couldn't help myself I brought the two sets and two painters.....need the rollers for a MOC. :blush:

Kmart Ingle Farm had tons of series 10, plus the smallest Man Of Steel and mid-sized Iron Man 3 sets too........couldn't help myself I brought the two sets and two painters.....need the rollers for a MOC. :blush:

I haven't mastered the minifigure touch and feel method yet so it was pure chance to what I got. I need some painters too!

I haven't mastered the minifigure touch and feel method yet so it was pure chance to what I got. I need some painters too!

I found it hard at first but IMHO it's much easier with a pic to reference, say on your phone or even the display box art. For most figs you only need to identify one part.

Minifigures series 10 are in store in Kmart and target (burwood nsw) .... extremely accustomed to the feel method picked up everything i wanted when they came out at k-mart

1 librarian for daughter "cup book" harder then most to find [my guess 2 per box?]

1 medusa for son "huge tail legs" easy to find big fat packet [my guess 2 per box?]

9 commanders "sucker for romans" "relatively easy common feel for the crest or sword" [my guess 6 per box?]

16 warrior women for the wife...also afol "easy -spear" [my guess 4 per box?]

4 Tomahawks for my son "hair is easy, tomahawk is the only short pole" [my guess 6 per box?]

1 Bumblebee for daughter "wings then helmet or honey pot" harder then most [my guess 2 per box?]

1 grandpa for daughter "suprisingly this was the hardest for me to find......i think becuase not many paper and cup are on the harder side for feeling out. [2 per box?]

1 seacaptain was for me but daughter claimed it ... if u feel the binoculars ure set and the hat is easy to feel out too. [2 per box?]

1 sad clown for the wife "cone hat or the round necklace thing" easy [4 per box?]

12 Revolutionary soldiers for my son and me.. "gun easy" [4per box?]

1 trend setter for daughter "phone and dog then hair [2 per box?]

1 motor mechanic for son "wrench" [6 per box?]

Ive tried to find mr Gold....im not that keen on him but my 5yo daughter wants it ..and i cant seem to convey the meaning of rare to her...so far ive been through 5-6 boxes at K-mart 4 of which i was the first person to touch..."saw them on the trolley still in carboard box and asked the guy unboxing if i could open em up"

and today i went through about 14 boxes at Target my guess is they put them up yesterday......nothing but a knumb index finger result.......

Painters are relatively easy to pick out and common imho....feel for the roller "like a slightly longer head" once u confirm head + roller easy to check looking for the bucket handle or roller handle nothing else feels like those. [6 per box?]

I went through all of the ones at bigw capalaba and there was definitely no Mr Gold! I picked the clown and bee (what I wanted) my 2 sons did a random pick and got 2 painters lol!

Kmart wynnum and cannon hill have the boxes at the counter to stop people going through them, well thats what the lady told me, but it didn't stop me lol!

I have yet to see a single box of Series 10 in WA, let alone a Mr Gold :(

Yet Again WA (aka Wait Awhile) has to wait ages after the eastern states get stuff (and no, the time it takes to actually get here on a truck cant be an excuse unless those trucks are the slowest trucks in the known universe)

Saw several boxes at Target in Carousel.

Minifigures series 10 are in store in Kmart and target (burwood nsw) .... extremely accustomed to the feel method picked up everything i wanted when they came out at k-mart

1 librarian for daughter "cup book" harder then most to find [my guess 2 per box?]

1 medusa for son "huge tail legs" easy to find big fat packet [my guess 2 per box?]

9 commanders "sucker for romans" "relatively easy common feel for the crest or sword" [my guess 6 per box?]

16 warrior women for the wife...also afol "easy -spear" [my guess 4 per box?]

4 Tomahawks for my son "hair is easy, tomahawk is the only short pole" [my guess 6 per box?]

1 Bumblebee for daughter "wings then helmet or honey pot" harder then most [my guess 2 per box?]

1 grandpa for daughter "suprisingly this was the hardest for me to find......i think becuase not many paper and cup are on the harder side for feeling out. [2 per box?]

1 seacaptain was for me but daughter claimed it ... if u feel the binoculars ure set and the hat is easy to feel out too. [2 per box?]

1 sad clown for the wife "cone hat or the round necklace thing" easy [4 per box?]

12 Revolutionary soldiers for my son and me.. "gun easy" [4per box?]

1 trend setter for daughter "phone and dog then hair [2 per box?]

1 motor mechanic for son "wrench" [6 per box?]

Ive tried to find mr Gold....im not that keen on him but my 5yo daughter wants it ..and i cant seem to convey the meaning of rare to her...so far ive been through 5-6 boxes at K-mart 4 of which i was the first person to touch..."saw them on the trolley still in carboard box and asked the guy unboxing if i could open em up"

and today i went through about 14 boxes at Target my guess is they put them up yesterday......nothing but a knumb index finger result.......

Painters are relatively easy to pick out and common imho....feel for the roller "like a slightly longer head" once u confirm head + roller easy to check looking for the bucket handle or roller handle nothing else feels like those. [6 per box?]

Good post with some good hints. I can't believe after going through all those boxes you haven't found a Mr Gold.