Elostirion

Eslandola Colonial Council, First Cycle, 617, VOTING

Official Voting Thread fot the Colonial Council of Eslandola

05e.jpg

[Anyone willing to MOC a ballot-scene?]

Procedure

* Naturally it is the ALs responsibility to initiate a voting
* However any Council Member may initiate a voting
* Every proposal must be made to the Council in the Council thread first, before a vote can start
* standard-duration for votings is three days, a deadline will be set.
* every character of the Council has to cast their vote as a post
* there does not have to be a separate post for each vote
* The initiator or the AL will count the votes afterwards and proclaim the result
* members with more than one vote may split their votes

Voters:

* Román Esteban Fontonajo, 4 votes
* Colonel Brickinson
* George da Pontelli
* Alberto da Pontelli
* Willem Guildert
* Aaron van der Meede
* Captain Philip Janszen
* Jerome Monezterrell
* Captain Lamar Evercrees
* Farrucio Paraja
* Colonel Oystridge
* Victor Servadac
* Marquis Alkurda
* Raphael Fontonajo
* Joaquin Seramon Fontonajo
* Lord Maximilian Damaximus
* Sir Yohannes Ethiximus
* General Samu The Dragon

Decision Log:

Proposal 1-A: We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, agree with the Continental Council's suggestion to confer the title of Secretary of the Navy, and all the responsibilities that infers, upon Jerome Monezterrell.

Result: passed (20 for, 0 against, 1 abstention)

Proposal: Captain Whiffo's Royal Property Letter and Tax plan

"Until such time as the first Royal Eslandolan property may be licenced, or for the next two months (whichever ends sooner), I would propose that we put in place,

A 20% tax on build submittal income,

And a 10% tax on town banks,

as per the good Governor's proposal.  After said time expires, the treasury could be scrutinized, and any need for further taxation considered.

"As for Royal Properties, I suggest that we send out a letter signed by the members of the Colonial Council to every settlement of Eslandola, asking for voluntary aid for the construction of three Royal Properties for the faction - the first to be completed between the first of June and the last of August, the second between the first of September and the last of November, and the third between the first of December and the last of February of the year 618.  If they could be completed sooner - even better!  But I do believe that is a modest goal to aim for at the moment, given that all our citizens have their own stories and wallets to be looking after as well."

Result: Passed (12 'Aye's, 2 'Nay's, 1 Abstention, and 4 chaps on vacation)

Proposal 1-B: We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, enact the following funding of properties licensed by any Eslandolan in any Eslandolan settlement in the Colonies from January 17th, 617 AE to April 17th, 617 AE:

- 15 Dubloons for every small property
- 30 Dubloons for every medium property
- 50 Dubloons for every large property
- 500 Dubloons for every royal property (only 150 Dubloons for private palaces)
- 15 Dubloons for prospecting
- 20 Dubloons for setting up any mine

Result: passed (11 for, 10 against)

Proposal 1-C: We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, enact the following funding of ships licensed by any Eslandolan from January 17th, 617 AE to April 17th, 617 AE:
- 10 Dubloons for ships rated class 0 or class 1
- 25 Dubloons for ships rated class 2
- 45 Dubloons for ships rated class 3, or 80 Dubloons if sold to Eslandola
- 75 Dubloons for ships rated class 4, or 150 Dubloons if sold to Eslandola
- 100 Dubloons for ships rated class 5 or higher, or 200 Dubloons if sold to Eslandola

Result: passed (20 for, 1 against, 0 abstentions)

Proposal 2: All (active) Eslandolan members co-operate to build at least 3 Royal Properties, licenced by Eslandola.
Until such time as the first Royal Eslandolan property may be licenced, or for the next two months (whichever ends sooner), I would propose that we put in place,
- A 20% tax on build submittal income,
- And a 10% tax on town banks,
as per the good Governor's proposal.  After said time expires, the treasury could be scrutinized, and any need for further taxation considered.

Result: passed (12 for, 3 against, 6 abstentions)

Proposal 3: Please vote on the new salaries for the members of the Colonial Council:
3a) Don't alter current salaries (50 DBs for Admius Legistrad, 25 DBs for members of the council)
3b) Reduce salaries as suggested by Román Fontonajo (15 DBs for Admius Legistrad, 10 DBs for members of the council)
3c) Reduce salaries based on the suggestion from Governor Damaximus (10 DBs for Admius Legistrad, 5 DBs for members of the council)
3d) Eliminate salaries entirely as suggested by Aaron van der Meede.
3e) Members may voluntarily reduce their own salaries on an individual basis. Half of the reduction stays with Eslandola, the other half goes to another council member of their choice. Based on the suggestion of Agent Guelds.

Result: 3d) Members of the Colonial Council are paid no more (1x 3a, 5x 3b, 2x 3c, 12x 3d, 1x 3e)

Current Votings:

None

Edited by Elostirion

1st Voting of the Colonial Council

Román Fontonajo: "The first voting of the Colonial Council is in progress. Please put your votes in the ballots."

[OOC: Post your votes for every character here. Please vote for each of the three votings.

Voting will be possible until Tuesday, 17th January 617 AE, 18:00 CET]

Voting 1-A:

We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, agree with the Continental Council's suggestion to confer the title of Secretary of the Navy, and all the responsibilities that infers, upon Jerome Monezterrell.

Please cast your vote as YES, or as NO, or as ABSTENTION.

Voting 1-B:

We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, enact the following funding of properties licensed by any Eslandolan in any Eslandolan settlement in the Colonies from January 17th, 617 AE to April 17th, 617 AE:

Voting 1-C:

We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, enact the following funding of ships licensed by any Eslandolan from January 17th, 617 AE to April 17th, 617 AE:
- 100 Dubloons for ships rated class 5 or higher, or 200 Dubloons if sold to Eslandola

Edited by Elostirion

7 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Proposal 1-A: We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, agree with the Continental Council's suggestion to confer the title of Secretary of the Navy, and all the responsibilities that infers, upon Jerome Monezterrell.

From the MCTC delegation:

Willem Guilder votes YES.

Aaron van der Meede votes YES.

Philip Janszen votes YES.

Proposal 1-B

Proposal 1-C

I have asked for more debate on these proposals in the council before we vote on them.

For the Prio Seas:

1A:

Lord Maximilian Damaximus: YES

Sir Yohannes Ethiximus: YES

General Samu: YES

1B:

Maximilian Damaximus: YES

Yohannes Ethiximus: YES

Samu: NO, "resources should go to navy, fortifications and army"

1C:

Maximilian Damaximus: YES

Yohannes Ethiximus: YES

Samu: YES

because my call for more debate was too late...

18 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Proposal 1-B: We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, enact the following funding of properties ...

Willem Guilder votes NO.

Aaron van der Meede votes NO.

Philip Janszen votes NO.

But we intend to raise the issue again in the council with a more focused proposal if the current proposal is defeated.

---------------

As for

18 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Proposal 1-C: We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, enact the following funding of ships ...

even though the MCTC delegation believes this proposal could be better, we do not want to stand in the way of strengthening our navy, so

Willem Guilder votes YES.

Aaron van der Meede votes YES.

Philip Janszen votes YES.

1-A:

Román Fontonajo: YES (4x)

Raphael Fontonajo: YES

Joaquin Seramon Fontonajo: YES

1-B:

Raphael Fontonajo: NO

1-C:

rest still undecided

1A:

Colonel Oystridge: YES
Victor Servadac: YES
Marquis Alkurda: YES

1B:

Colonel Oystridge: NO
Marquis Alkurda: NO

1C:

Colonel Oystridge: YES
Marquis Alkurda: YES

MAESTRO votings:

1A:

Jerome Monezterrell: Considering I would be voting for myself here, I'm abstaining for this vote!
Captain Lamar Evercrees: YES

Farrucio Paraja: YES

1B:

Jerome Monezterrell: NO
Captain Lamar Evercrees: NO

Farrucio Paraja: NO

1C:

Jerome Monezterrell: Considering adjustments can still be made, even if they would require us to vote the issue again, I vote YES
Captain Lamar Evercrees: YES

Farrucio Paraja: YES

1-B:

1-C:

Raphael Fontonajo: NO

1a,b,c

Agreed by Brickinson, Alberto da Pontelli and George da Pontelli.

(Guys, honestly this is getting tedious. Which is on the other side of "fun"...)

:pir-sceptic:

Voting 1 has finished. All three proposals have been accepted by the council and are now in full effect.

Result: passed (20 for, 0 against, 1 abstention)

Proposal 1-B: We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, enact the following funding of properties licensed by any Eslandolan in any Eslandolan settlement in the Colonies from January 17th, 617 AE to April 17th, 617 AE:

Result: passed (11 for, 10 against)

Proposal 1-C: We, the Colonial Council of Eslandola, enact the following funding of ships licensed by any Eslandolan from January 17th, 617 AE to April 17th, 617 AE:

Result: passed (20 for, 1 against, 0 abstentions)

2nd Voting of the Colonial Council

Part 1:

Suggestion A [Capt Wolf]:

20% tax on build submittal income (so you'd get 8 DBs instead of 10 DBs for you first builds of the month),
20% tax on property license fees (so, for example, that small artisan would cost you 30 DBs to license instead of 25),
10% tax on ship licenses (so a 4T2 would cost 330 instead of 300 to license), and
10% tax on town banks (I've looked at the numbers and it should work; if town banks can afford more, we can adjust it to 20% in the future).

Suggestion B [Legostone]:

5% on income for properties
5% on income for ships
20% on Free Builds
10% on Town Banks

Voting options:

A -OR- B -OR- NO -OR- ABSTAIN

Part 2:

Suggestion [Garmadon]

All (active) Eslandolan members co-operate to build at least 3 Royal Properties, licenced by Eslandola.

Voting options:

YES -OR- NO -OR- ABSTAIN

Please cast your votes within one week, that is until May 22nd, 9:00 CEST.

A simple majority is sufficient.

If majority has been reached before the deadline, the vote will be in effect immediately.

Edited by Elostirion

Suggestion C [Garmadon]

All (active) Eslandolan members co-operate to build at least 3 Royal Properties, licenced by Eslandola.

Votes:

Suggestion A: 3x NO

Suggestion B: 3x Aye

Suggestion C: 2x Aye and 1x No

• Lord Maximilian Damaximus: Aye
  • Sir Yohannes Ethiximus: Aye
  • Genereal Max Samu: No

@Maxim I: Sorry, I messed that one up a bit. I have fixed it now and would count your vote as:

Part 1: 3xB

Part 2: 2xYES, 1xNO

Ok?

Elostirion's votes:

Part 1:

Román Fontonajo (4x): ABSTAIN (reasoning see colonial council thread)
Raphael Fontonajo: B ("small details don't matter in the end, we need a decision")
Joaquin Fontonajo: NO ("town taxation is inappropriate")

Part 2:

Román Fontonajo (4x): ABSTAIN
Raphael Fontonajo: YES
Joaquin Fontonajo: ABSTAIN

As previously - 1 Aye, 1 Nay, 1 Abstention for the ETWC proposal (on which, by the way, you seem to have missed this section - and I'd prefer keeping the full original wording, containing specifics, timeframe, etc.)

"Until such time as the first Royal Eslandolan property may be licenced, or for the next two months (whichever ends sooner), I would propose that we put in place,

A 20% tax on build submittal income,

And a 10% tax on town banks,

as per the good Governor's proposal.  After said time expires, the treasury could be scrutinized, and any need for further taxation considered."

And as for Part 1 - I don't see a need to vote on this, given that both proposals have already been retracted (that and the previous post)?

Re Part 1, both sponsoring parties have retracted their proposals. But just in case they can't do that, the MCTC delegation will vote 3 Nays for both plans.

Re Part 2, the MCTC delegation offers 3 Yeas.

Part 1a: NAY (x2) Servadac, Alkurda, ABSTENTION (x1) Oystridge

Part 1b: AYE (x2) Oystridge, Servadac, NAY (x1) Alkurda

Part 2: AYE (x3) Oystridge, Servadac, Alkurda

Edited by Sir Stig

Re Part 1, both sponsoring parties have retracted their proposals. But just in case they can't do that, the MAESTRO delegation will vote 3 Nays for both plans.

Re Part 2, the MAESTRO delegation offers 2 Yeas and 1 Nay.

(Ahhh, I love copy paste :D)

I have added the following to our decision log:

Proposal 2: All (active) Eslandolan members co-operate to build at least 3 Royal Properties, licenced by Eslandola.
Until such time as the first Royal Eslandolan property may be licenced, or for the next two months (whichever ends sooner), I would propose that we put in place,
- A 20% tax on build submittal income,
- And a 10% tax on town banks,

Result: passed (12 for, 3 against, 6 abstentions)

Proposal 3: Please vote on the new salaries for the members of the Colonial Council:
3a) Don't alter current salaries (50 DBs for Admius Legistrad, 25 DBs for members of the council)
3b) Reduce salaries as suggested by Román Fontonajo (15 DBs for Admius Legistrad, 10 DBs for members of the council)
3c) Reduce salaries based on the suggestion from Governor Damaximus (10 DBs for Admius Legistrad, 5 DBs for members of the council)
3d) Eliminate salaries entirely as suggested by Aaron van der Meede.
3e) Members may voluntarily reduce their own salaries on an individual basis. Half of the reduction stays with Eslandola, the other half goes to another council member of their choice. Based on the suggestion of Agent Guelds.

Please vote either "3a" or "3b" or "3c" or "3d" or "3e" or "abstention". Voting "nay" is invalid, if you are against a change simply vote "3a".

Voting runs for three days: until Saturday, June 1st, 616 AE, 18:00 CEST.

Any suggestions regarding payments with IPs may be debated in the future but are not for vote now.

Voting from Elostirion:

Román Fontonajo: 3b (4 votes)
Joaquin Fontonajo: 3a
Raphael Fontonajo: 3c

Edited by Elostirion

Aaron van der Meede, Philip Janszen, and Gov. Guilder (by proxy) cast 3 votes for option 3d.

Lord Maximilian Damaximus : 3D

Sir Yohannes Ethiximus : 3C

General Samu Whitedragon: 3D

Captain Whiffo and Mr. Bowditch both have left in writing that they vote for option 3D whenever the vote comes up.

...And, of course, Agent Guelds votes for option 3E :pir-laugh: :grin: