I have been thinking about trying to build 41999, i have 9398....to save money on PF parts i would like to use the stuff in 9398. The V2 IR was very easy to remove, just two pins....but without taking apart 9398 or removing a tons of parts....is there any easy way to get out the servo motor or the L motors without too much hassle?

Or is it a nightmare job that would require a big rebuild?

Look into instructions of the chassis of 41999. It is just the same like in the 9398. No need to disassemble the chassis of 9398.

Such questions are very very strange. Have you ever built the 9398 or did you get it already assembled? If you have built it you must know what kind of "nightmare job" (nightmare in Lego? Why then do Lego anyway?) you need to do.

41999 is just different body on top of 9398 chassis with slight changes. You will need another M-motor and LED lights to have same PF features 41999 has.

7 hours ago, zux said:

41999 is just different body on top of 9398 chassis with slight changes. You will need another M-motor and LED lights to have same PF features 41999 has.

and a polarity switch.

Edited by technic_addict

I think a few people have done it either in the main 41999 topic or the 41999 modification topic. Should be easy. I remember seeing a picture of the 41999 in yellow looks pretty good that way. 

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!.....yesterday i got a package of parts with all the exclusive Metallic Silver and Dark Blue elements (brand new)....so i can now build. i wont bother with the printed 2x4 tile or the white line around the wheel rims, everything else will be 100% part accurate :-)

Got another haul of parts today....

IMG_20161229_213444.jpg

And YES...they are genuine Lego parts, bought from www.toypro.com

https://www.toypro.com/en/product/7535/technic-liftarm-1-x-15-thick/dark-blue

ToyPro messed up my order for the 1x15 liftarms in Dark Blue, they sent me Black....to do their credit, they sent another package with the correct colour, not only that but they sent me 15 of the liftarms instead of 10 :-)

Edited by Richard Dower