Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

An interesting thing to note. From all the sets we have seen a lot of them take place in the same location. Clayface and the Scuttler take place in front of a lake or skating rink? The Joker Escape, Mr. Freeze, and Scarecrow set clearly take place at Ace Chemicals. The Lowrider and the Batmobile have backgrounds that connect, and if you look closely at the trailers we see that the other villains vehicles (ie. Bane, Penguin, Killer Croc and probably Riddler) are all following each other. Whether this is in the first trailer or in the third trailer. And obviously Arkham Asylum takes place in Arkham Asylum and The Batcave takes place in the Bruce Wayne's Basement. 

Anyways just thought I'd share my observation. 

Just now, Ashnflash said:

An interesting thing to note. From all the sets we have seen a lot of them take place in the same location. Clayface and the Scuttler take place in front of a lake or skating rink? The Joker Escape, Mr. Freeze, and Scarecrow set clearly take place at Ace Chemicals. The Lowrider and the Batmobile have backgrounds that connect, and if you look closely at the trailers we see that the other villains vehicles (ie. Bane, Penguin, Killer Croc and probably Riddler) are all following each other. Whether this is in the first trailer or in the third trailer. And obviously Arkham Asylum takes place in Arkham Asylum and The Batcave takes place in the Bruce Wayne's Basement. 

Anyways just thought I'd share my observation. 

From the presence of the mayor, the Commish, Barbara, and Dick in formal wear, I'm assuming Clayface and Scuttler are an attack on Barbara's ceremony from the fourth trailer.

I must say, I quite like the Clayface set, he's ugly but he's supposed to be. The Scarecrow set seems like a waste of parts to me. No one would ever know that it was Scarecrow if the set didn't have his name in the title. I do like the modular nature of the ACE chemicals factory though and I hope LEGO does more of that kind of thing in the future.

Okay...okay...

I've taken a step back to analyze the Clayface set a little better. This set stays true to the shape of Clayface in one if not several iterations. The ripple effect on his body can only be done so well. This is as good as it gets without it getting too smooth. Nice set for nougat parts. The arms are ruined by play features that no AFOL loves. The civilian minifig is nice.

I will also reiterate that it is the first set of this series that I've generally felt negativity towards. Strangely enough, the last set I felt this way with was Metalbeard Duel, which, all-in-all, is quite similar to the Clayface...er... Splat... Attack :look:

42 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Strangely enough, the last set I felt this way with was Metalbeard Duel, which, all-in-all, is quite similar to the Clayface...er... Splat... Attack :look:

That is interesting. Metalbeard's Duel was and is one of my favorite LEGO Movie sets, and Clayface Splat Attack looks really nice to me as well.

I'm looking forward to having Metalbeard fight Clayface on The Tower Bridge.

That's huge! Can you please post some pictures of the figs unmasked?

Is Harley Quinn's hairpiece made of rubber?

Also, what the heck is that skin color in Batgirl? Is like mustard??? Is that even posible for a human being?

Edited by Robert8

Thanks you ponytruckin' and Robert8, because of the shine I'm pretty sure it's not rubber.

I quite like the Clayface set. The only thing I think could have been better are the undersized legs. Still its great to finally have the character even if its brick built form.

Not really keen on the Scarecrow set. The minifigure is pretty ugly and the vehicle is underwelming compared to the City version of the Pizza Truck thats also coming out next year. The best part is the modular gate that can be attached to the other sets.

10 hours ago, maginnster27 said:

I've just noticed that it appears that clayface's hammer is attached with a Technic pin, does this mean a hand could replace it?

That would be really nice in my opinion. I do hope that they include enough parts to make a hand, maybe take some parts of the clay trap thing. 

20 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

Can you put Batgirl's ponytail piece on the new CITY baby piece in place of it's head? That would be weird.

Yes you can

OMG. Someone had bought the new sets. Can we pls c the underside of the lowrider as it looks like some nifty technic stuff is going on?

lol. Mutant baby alert!!! The batmobile box gives away an interesting function. The wheels turn forward and backwards....COOOOOL!!! 

woah. That is really surprising - I wasn't expecting rubberbands. maybe I will get this set after all. Thank you for the images. Much appreciated. :classic:

Box images of batmobile set

https://mobile.twitter.com/FordtruckinME/status/797362237119856640/photo/3

@Actor Builder @JACKATTACKS you are welcome

@Robert8 the ponytail is the normal hard plastic.

I looked at the instructions for all 4 sets. Unfortunately no new images of the sets. Going to put the Mr Freeze set together today with my kids. Not sure when I'll get to the Batcave or Batmobile

Now that is sick. No other words to describe the batmobile. thx again for ur photos. I am looking forward to the Mr Freeze set as that is my favourite set (closely followed by Batmobile, Batcave and Joker Balloon Escape). Cheers

@julesvincent thank you. My wife surprised me with all 4 sets yesterday. I have 5 kids and they all love Lego, although the youngest still only plays with Duplo. I collect DC, Marvel, city and creator sets. Kids collect Star Wars and Friends. I plan on getting all Lego Batman movie sets and collectible minifigures.