Raskolnikov

Build Your Own Plus Size AT-AT

The software says it's 45cm high, 44cm long and 15.5cm wide, but I don't know how accurate that is. @Raskolnikov should be able to confirm (or correct) the dimensions.

I measured the height, at least, and that's accurate.  For the sake of comparison, it's a little taller than the Death Star 10188/75159.

Does anybody have a guess of the cost for this? estimate? 

Schneeds seems to have been able to do it for about $250.  if you don't have to buy from a lot of different stores, an average of $.10 per piece sounds about right.

5 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Glad to hear it -- I'm also hoping it might get a place in that Death Star room of yours.

I have a spot picked out in the room for it :)

4 hours ago, broomhandle said:

awesome! done! Does anybody have a guess of the cost for this? estimate? 

You should be able to do it for about 10 cents per piece. 

Edited by Schneeds

Stock take done - only need about £15 worth of pieces, but unbelievably there's only 1 5x5 Scala dish in LBG available on bricklink in the U.K.! Might have to colour swap to DBG for now then swap back later. 

Very cool. I Think this will be a build where I take my time and gather parts here and there...I am more worried about the space it will take up.

I started making a wishlist on BrickLink, and I was really surprised to see spring-loaded shooters included. If they`re needed, they`re exceptionally well integrated! Well done Raskolnikov, I`m your biggest fan!

By the way, it says that you`re from USA. Is this true, looking at your nickname?

Thank legolijntje very, very much! The part list is awesome!

If anyone wants to take my wishlist, BrickLink offers sharing them (as far as I know). So feel free to ask!

До свидания.

2 hours ago, FREMOV111 said:

I started making a wishlist on BrickLink, and I was really surprised to see spring-loaded shooters included. If they`re needed, they`re exceptionally well integrated! Well done Raskolnikov, I`m your biggest fan!

[...]

Now that I think of it, the parts-list does have those 2 spring-loaded bricks (they are used in the head), but it doesn't have any of the projectiles you can shoot. So, if you don't have those, you might need to add those to your shopping list too :grin:

1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

Now that I think of it, the parts-list does have those 2 spring-loaded bricks (they are used in the head), but it doesn't have any of the projectiles you can shoot. So, if you don't have those, you might need to add those to your shopping list too :grin:

I thought about leaving the shooters out, but they do add a bit of detail under the head and I find it amusing to have them on such an excellent model :)

Dug around my own bricks and gathered them in a bag. Next stop, BrickLink for the rest of the bricks! Hope they arrive before Xmas so I can give myself a surprise! :laugh:

As Legolijntje mentioned, there are no projectiles included in the parts list, but if you've bought any of the Star Wars sets over the past couple years, you probably have a bunch of spares.  

I've been torn on the spring loaded shooters myself:  they do fire REALLY well.  I'd have loved them as a kid, I think.  But the way the lasers hang out the back looks really bad, a lot of the time.  Anyway, they should be covered up in the AT-AT, although they're in basically the same place as on the set.  Hope they're still able to be fired -- I'm not sure I tested that.

I actually spent a lot of time trying to incorporate spring loaded shooters stacked together in "clips" into the ISD Tyrant.  They were going to fire out of openings in the front-most part of the superstructure, and then the spent "clips" would drop into the hangar bay to be collected later.  Not motorized or anything -- you'd just push down on the clip to rapid fire lasers.  Anyway, it had a lot of issues and was pretty pointless.

By the way, it says that you`re from USA. Is this true, looking at your nickname?

Yep, 'Murica.  The name's from Dostoevsky, though, of course.

Yep, 'Murica.  The name's from Dostoevsky, though, of course.

Thought that you're Russian for a second. I'm Russian myself, but currently live in Australia. Proud to see your nickname!

Done 200 out of 260 parts on BL. I need this thing for Christmas!

P.S. I love your Tyrant too! But, guessing, you won't be able to make a second one...

До свидания.

My orders arrived and I'll be assembling this weekend!  I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Schneeds

1 hour ago, Schneeds said:

My orders arrived and I'll be assembling this weekend!  I'll let you know how it goes.

Can't wait to see your AT-AT, Schneeds!

Well my order is missing about a hundred pieces, including half the leg joints so it's not going to happen this week. 

The Emperor is most displeased with my apparent lack of progress. 

Well my order is missing about a hundred pieces, including half the leg joints so it's not going to happen this week. 

The Emperor is most displeased with my apparent lack of progress

Ah, that's a shame -- I'm looking forward to seeing pics when someone builds one!

Btw, if you place a new order, get 4 extra 1x4 lbg plates.  I think they may be needed on the underside of the AT-AT, where I attempted to improve a couple things for the instructions version of the model.

Edited by Raskolnikov

3 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Ah, that's a shame -- I'm looking forward to seeing pics when someone builds one!

Btw, if you place a new order, get 4 extra 1x4 lbg plates.  I think they may be needed on the underside of the AT-AT, where I attempted to improve a couple things for the instructions version of the model.

Something's missing? :look:

Something's missing?

Haha, yeah I think so,  but maybe it made it into a step later that I didn't look at.  It's nothing that would throw a wrench in the building process, just a minor sturdiness issue.  One of the 1x4 lbg plates is visible here:  http://i.imgur.com/0I34p4h.jpg?1

Anyway, no worries.  I was going to wait until we had feedback from a completed build (c'mon Schneeds) before thinking about revisions.

wow those walkers great!

Thanks!

Edited by Raskolnikov

3 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Haha, yeah I think so,  but maybe it made it into a step later that I didn't look at.  It's nothing that would throw a wrench in the building process, just a minor sturdiness issue.  One of the 1x4 lbg plates is visible here:  http://i.imgur.com/0I34p4h.jpg?1

Anyway, no worries.  I was going to wait until we had feedback from a completed build (c'mon Schneeds) before thinking about revisions.

Whoops! They are indeed missing. Well, 2 minor fixes on the list at the moment (the other one is the added image in the instructions, which of course needs to be a proper step). Let's hope the list stays that short :tongue:

12 hours ago, legolijntje said:

Whoops! They are indeed missing. Well, 2 minor fixes on the list at the moment (the other one is the added image in the instructions, which of course needs to be a proper step). Let's hope the list stays that short :tongue:

Which page is that on?

50 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

Which page is that on?

The 4 missing 1x4 plates should be added on page 53 and page 54 at the 'bottom' of the submodels. That way the slopes are attached a little sturdier.

@Raskolnikov Wouldn't it be best to add the 4 1x4 plates to the Rebrickable parts list now instead of waiting? The instructions might contain a few minor errors, but it's highly unlikely the parts list contains more errors, so that way people that want to buy the parts in the future at least have the 4 plates already, regardless of if the instructions are already fixed or not. Well, that sentence sounds vague... Hope you get what I mean :grin:

Hi , this is a fantastic model, is it a minifigure size? I saw some data from web, slave 1 , imperial shuttle and atat are in 20-22 m tall. Seems that ucs imperial shuttle and slave 1 are in minifigure scale with around 45 cm. this atat also around 45cm, therefore is it a minifigure scale?

Hi , this is a fantastic model, is it a minifigure size? I saw some data from web, slave 1 , imperial shuttle and atat are in 20-22 m tall. Seems that ucs imperial shuttle and slave 1 are in minifigure scale with around 45 cm. this atat also around 45cm, therefore is it a minifigure scale?

Not sure, probably a little smaller -- it's close enough for me, though.  I just made it big enough to hold a decent number of troopers and two pilots in the cockpit.  I find that trying to be too exact when it comes to "minifigure-scale" can be a recipe for a headache, since minifigures just aren't shaped like humans.  Some of the official sizes for Star Wars vehicles may also just be numbers that an author pulled out of a hat and can be inconsistent with film portrayals.

Wouldn't it be best to add the 4 1x4 plates to the Rebrickable parts list now instead of waiting?

Sure, just did it (see, I can learn how to use technology).