sander1992

Large Harry Potter Layout Lego World the Netherlands

Hi everyone,

We (me and my brother) have been busy for the last 5 months. We created a landscape with scenes and locations of the Harry Potter series. The landscape is 8 meter long and 1.25 meters deep. The landscape contains the Hogwarts Castle, the Burrow, London with Diagon Alley, Private Drive and Hogsmeade. The Private Drive, London and train station are built by my brother. I have built the Hogwarts Castle, Quiddith field, the Whomping Willow and Hogsmeade.

The Castle was already shown at another event and was also posted on Eurobricks.

Hogwarts Castle

The Whomping Willow can move three branches and is powered by PF. At the Whomping Willow is scene from Prisoner of Azkaban, where Lupin turns into a werewolf. Very close to the Whomping Willow is Hogsmeade and a platform. More towards London, there is graveyard with the duel between Harry Potter and Voldemort with the presence of the Death Eaters. The Burrow is close to the graveyard. 

London is one street with the Diagon Alley behind it. There is a small alley between the two. At the street there is a train station with a parking lot. In the Diagon Alley there are several shops and the Gringotts Wizarding Bank. Close to the Diagon Alley is the Private Drive with three houses and a playground.

At the backside of the castle, there is a boathouse. The confrontation with the Hungarian Horntale is behind the greenhouses.

The Quiddith field and the Forbidden Forest are at the other side of the castle. On the Quiddith field there is a match between Slytherin and Gryffindor. In the Dark Forest there are several Threstrals and Aragog are present. In the corner of the forest, there is a confrontation between Harry Potter and Voldemort as a reference to the last part.

Here is a picture of an overview of the backside of Hogwarts.

30151376383_3ba0f24631_c.jpg

Here is a picture of the Hogwarts Express and the Burrow.

30151375643_8640f69d0c_c.jpg

Here is an picture of London. 

30787077455_81024fa6b1_c.jpg

Here is a picture of an overview of the countryside. In the front is the Whomping Willow. At the left is Hogsmeade and in the back is the London.

30151374033_014d63229b_c.jpg

More pictures you can find in my Flickr album

World of Harry Potter

Questions and feedback are welcome. :classic:

Sander

Very nice Sander, I visited you place and had a chat (on Friday). I like how you combine the modular street with the field etc.

I like it all, especially hogwarts and the red and orange tree! Splendid job!

Thank you. :classic:

My brother experimented a bit with the trees. He was happy with the result.

It was a lot of work to make the castle and to make it "logical". I wanted to make the office of Dumbledore a bit different, but did not have the parts for it. :tongue:

Very nice Sander, I visited you place and had a chat (on Friday). I like how you combine the modular street with the field etc.

Thank you. :classic:

I remember the chat. 

We look closely to the changes in the landscape when we were building.

The changes must be smoothly. I think the change is a bit abrupt. 

I am glad that you like our layout. :thumbup:

I would put translucent blue on top of the water to give a more dynamic/realistic look. Also the waves looks of as in there is no clear structure/flow. Maybe that is just the angle/picture which gives the vibe. I like the shapes of the trees however I would play more with the colours on each individual tree instead of have a group of green trees in one spot and group of brown/orange trees here. 

I have a few questions Is the interior in the house of London or are the just plain? Did you consider making build version of the basilisk and Fawkes? 

I don't think I've ever seen an HP layout which encompasses all/most of the HP locations as one build, but you've really nailed it :thumbup: The layout is good and doesn't feel squashed or compact. 

Beautiful! I've always dreamed of doing the same thing (a giant Harry Potter layout of everything), but just don't have the time, space, or the bricks yet! I love how you've laid everything out, and your castle is amazing! I like how it isn't totally based on the films.

On ‎8‎-‎11‎-‎2016 at 0:41 AM, Tupiaz said:

I would put translucent blue on top of the water to give a more dynamic/realistic look. Also the waves looks of as in there is no clear structure/flow. Maybe that is just the angle/picture which gives the vibe.

That would be very nice if I had the pieces to realize it. Perhaps it is possible in a few years. :wink:

We did not create a structure. otherwise it would look like a sea.

I like the shapes of the trees however I would play more with the colours on each individual tree instead of have a group of green trees in one spot and group of brown/orange trees here. 

Thank you. :classic:

I do like mixing colors with the tree leaves, but we wanted to create autumn enviroment.

have a few questions Is the interior in the house of London or are the just plain? Did you consider making build version of the basilisk and Fawkes?

The houses do not have interiour.

Maybe in the future I will make a brick build version of the Basilisk and Fawkes, I don't know yet.

I don't think I've ever seen an HP layout which encompasses all/most of the HP locations as one build, but you've really nailed it :thumbup: The layout is good and doesn't feel squashed or compact.

We have most of the scenes from the first 3 movies and a few from part 4,5 and 7. We realized at Legoworld, that there was no reference to Half blood prince.

We wanted to give the scenes enough space. That gives people a better view on the details.

damn!!!, to far to fly to :)

There was exhibitor from Israel. :wink:

Beautiful! I've always dreamed of doing the same thing (a giant Harry Potter layout of everything), but just don't have the time, space, or the bricks yet! I love how you've laid everything out, and your castle is amazing! I like how it isn't totally based on the films.

We didn't have the elements a few years ago. I do not have the space as well. Everthing was build on the ground. My knees were hurting back then. :cry_sad:

We still needed a lot of Bricklink orders to make sure we could complete the layout.

I didn't want to copy the castle from the movies or books. It cost a lot of money and time.

Now I could focus on the interior and that is much more fun.