Sign in to follow this  
Jellyeater

[MOC] Tibetan Monastery

Interesting details all over this MOC.  :thumbup:

Now the Monastery just needs sighting on a Pinnacle or Mountain Side

with a treacherous winding pathway up to the door.  

Maybe include the Bulletproof Monk ? :)

*picks jaw back up*

My word. What a Spectacular MOC! Not only is it the ever stupendous Johnny Thunder, but that looks accurate to the locale, faithful to the architectural style and well detailed while still keeping things like clean lines. The landscaping is evocative of just the mountainous location and I love that little detail in the corner (Yeti mama loves her baby, awwww).

All I can ask: Could we get a picture of the brave adventuring crew?

protruding windows are made very well

25 parts per one + few inside to attach second part. 

Thank you very much, all of you, for your kind words.

I like it. I think if you made the walls tan or grey it might look better in the snow.

Steve

I love it. Such great combination of simple but strong shapes and powerful colours; very realistic. The level of detail is just right and the interior looks very authetic.

And there can't be enough Orient Expedition MOCs.

Lovely! It reminds me a lot of the monastery from "Tintin in Tibet". You did a good job packing it with lots of amazing details. :classic: The red and brown details do a great job to help it feel like a warm sanctuary nestled atop an icy mountain. The one thing I regret is that in your photos it feels sort of abandoned. It would seem a lot more inviting if areas like the courtyard were populated by minifigure monks.

It's a very impressive monastery! It reminded my of a SEGS game "A Zone of Comics". Did it inspire you? You like the mountains, so can you say which mini  set of the Orient Express had lord Sinister with a sceleton? I can't find his picture and number in the Internet. Waiting for your new MOCs.

Nice one! It's been refurbished and still keeps the classic look. 

It's amazing how this has advanced techniques, but doesn't "modernize" the model.

Thank You for kind words.

It reminded my of a SEGS game "A Zone of Comics". Did it inspire you?

I only inspired by photos of Tibet.

You like the mountains, so can you say which mini  set of the Orient Express had lord Sinister with a sceleton? I can't find his picture and number in the Internet.

http://brickset.com/sets/7409-1/Secret-of-the-Tomb

Waiting for your new MOCs.

I have to find a bigger place to live first. But I'm thinking about something just about half times bigger.

It's amazing how this has advanced techniques, but doesn't "modernize" the model.

I love classic sets.

I love the detail with so many complimentary colors and textures in this build. It could also be used as a secret training facility for a team of international mercenaries.