Cecilie

[MOC] Kill him. Kill him now.

Built for the Imperium der Steine MOC Olympics, round 2. My theme for this round was "dark side of the force".

This is one of the pivotal moments in Anakin crossing over to the dark side. He doesn't know it at the time, but in this scene he is killing Darth Sidious' apprentice, making way for him to take his place, exactly like the Emperor is trying to get Luke to do in the OT. Palpatine is not doing a very good job camouflaging his dark intentions in this scene, but Obi-Wan is conveniently knocked out and thus unable to notice and stop Anakin.

I initially tried to include a larger area of the room in my build, as I wanted to include at least the bottom part of the stairs they walk down, and leave some more space for Obi-Wan, but I had to cut it down a bit as I couldn't fit it all on 32x32. It was also very important to me from the start to be able to show the battle going on outside with the use of some micro spaceships, so I had to leave some room for those behind the windows.

I'm very happy about how my micro spaceships turned out (can you recognize them all?) and also the curved floor leading up to where Palpatine is sitting.

27969675813_0ba513d9fa_c.jpg

Kill him. Kill him now. by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Really nice recreation of this scene! I particularly like the use of (what I think are) the clikits parts for palpatine's hand binders, very clever :)

Gandalf telling Anakin to kill Sauron xD Love the whole thing! The floor design and build is really nice too!

Tremendous use of layering with all the different scales represented! It really gives the scene depth and makes it feel alive! Fantastic job!

Look awesome, so many layers!

How did you pull off those micro ships? :)

Very nice. All,of the little details are magnificent. The only thing that really took me out of the scene is the not-palpatine, but of course that's totally understandable. One nitpick for an excellent diorama. The micro ships are really well done also

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments :sweet:

I like it very much but the Gandalf face does make Sheev seem less sinister.

It does, yes, but Gandalf was the best substitute I could find for my lack of the correct Palpatine face (I only have his later versions, with the super-wrinkle face). :wink:

Really nice recreation of this scene! I particularly like the use of (what I think are) the clikits parts for palpatine's hand binders, very clever :)

They are indeed clikits, yes :sweet:

Gandalf telling Anakin to kill Sauron xD Love the whole thing! The floor design and build is really nice too!

You mean Saruman? :wink: Even funnier is that I couldn't find my movie-version Dooku, so I took my Clone Wars Dooku and put on the head from my Saruman minifig :laugh:

Great build, also funniest star wars line to date 'Ech, Do it'

He's so not hiding his Sith-ness with that line :tongue:

Look awesome, so many layers!

How did you pull off those micro ships? :)

Uhm, by buliding them? :look::tongue: The tri-fighters were the most difficult, I really wanted to include some, but I had almost given up on thinking I could represent them at that scale when I noticed some of those axe pieces on my desk and thought their arched shape looked like a good fit.

Very nice. All,of the little details are magnificent. The only thing that really took me out of the scene is the not-palpatine, but of course that's totally understandable. One nitpick for an excellent diorama. The micro ships are really well done also

Thank you :sweet: I really wish I had the correct Palpatine, but sadly I never got my hands on him, and didn't have time to order him for this contest...

Great MOC, so faithful to the source material! I love how you used axe blades to make tiny tri-fighters, good job! :wub:

Wow, love those pillars (lights?) at the side of the room! The micro-fighters are also very impressive,as it can be hard to build things on such a small scale.

On 08/08/2016 at 9:53 PM, LegoMedGuy said:

Like others said, the micro builds in the background really make the scene!

Thank you :sweet: I really wanted to include them to give the scene depth :sweet:

On 08/08/2016 at 10:16 PM, BrickShady said:

Great MOC, so faithful to the source material! I love how you used axe blades to make tiny tri-fighters, good job! :wub:

Haha, thanks! That was my favourite idea of the whole build :grin:

On 08/08/2016 at 11:40 PM, Captain Settle said:

Wow, love those pillars (lights?) at the side of the room! The micro-fighters are also very impressive,as it can be hard to build things on such a small scale.

Thanks! Yeah, they are pillars, with lights inside them.