Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

For now, Spiderman: Homecoming sets already been revealed. Minifigure in silhouette is Shocker

Thor: Ragnarok to follow, (but we got an early look for bigfig Hulk) We do have the minifigs list for the upcoming sets, thanks to Delta Customs

I'm hoping for a polybag to just pop up! I really want a version of Home made spidey suit minifig.

Just now, Scarilian said:

For a better review that actually tackles the flaws the set has;

Jang is not really a fan of superheroes stuff I think, that's why. but still props to him for a quality review.

In terms of likelyhood of a polybag release for the Home Made Suit, i would'nt hold out hope.

In the current line-up we are missing out on 'Ego' from GOTG 2 and considering that line-up has three sets, it'd be more likely a polybag would center around that movie.

54 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Jang is not really a fan of superheroes stuff I think, that's why. but still props to him for a quality review

The criteria the two use to recommend or not recommend is different and i think thats worth acknowledging for those here who are wondering about buying the set;

- Jang's recommendation seems contradictory, he critiques the scale of the Abelisk ('a compromise') and then praises the new Milano being smaller as it improves the playability of 'swooshing'
- Michaelmgf does not recommend the set and re-iterates previous points, comparing to the previous and citing the decreased scale and lack of detail of the Milano and the inability to fit the entire team of Guardians as his reasons

I just feel Michaelmgf presents a viewpoint that better acknowledges the quality of the set and is more representative of those of us who either remember the previous Milano or own it - which is the majority of this topic. I want to ensure that people see a viewpoint from someone who owns and remembers the 2014 Milano in order to get a proper sense of whether to buy this set or potentially get the older version (if they can) or at least be aware of the flaws that the set has so they can make an informed decision.

54 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I really want a version of Home made spidey suit minifig.

If you want a custom;

Goggles; http://brickset.com/parts/4113923/flying-goggles
Torso and head; http://brickset.com/minifigs/spd012/spider-man-2-balaclava-face
Legs and arms; http://brickset.com/minifigs/sh205/spider-man-black-web-pattern-red-boots

Find a basic way to attach the goggles to the head and you are good to go.

Would not be accurate, but it'd get you fairly close. The torso is the most difficult because the movie version is a red hoodie with a Spider-man symbol.

Edited by Scarilian

@Scarilian It's just that I don't want to miss the design of this years Home made suit. It's real life costume, Goggles popping out like Robin in TLBM will probably looks so good.

14 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Scarilian It's just that I don't want to miss the design of this years Home made suit. It's real life costume, Goggles popping out like Robin in TLBM will probably looks so good.

It could be a promotional minifigure?

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The message said they were closed for maintenance. 

I mean is there specific reason for their maintenance? That's quite long.

9 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

It could be a promotional minifigure?

Please be real! :blush:

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hmm, anyone knows the reason why the forums is down awhile ago?

Its been down for maintenance on-and-off the last few days, so probably working on something. It'll come back though, normally after an hour or so of downtime.

On 22/02/2017 at 6:01 PM, SpiderJazz said:

True, it's an alright costume, but i dont personally think it is necessary for the movie. Given we probably wont see it for more than one fight scene with Shocker or something.

Maybe we'll be lucky and get it as a polybag, but i dont expect we will given there are more important characters deserving of a figure release such as Ego, Happy Hogan or other characters who would round-off the line-up of figures for a theme. Spider-man Homecoming is missing quite a considerable amount of figure representations also, so i doubt they would release an alternative suit over a new character.

Just now, Scarilian said:

Its been down for maintenance on-and-off the last few days, so probably working on something. It'll come back though, normally after an hour or so of downtime.

True, it's an alright costume, but i dont personally think it is necessary for the movie. Given we probably wont see it for more than one fight scene with Shocker or something.

Maybe we'll be lucky and get it as a polybag, but i dont expect we will given there are more important characters deserving of a figure release such as Ego, Happy Hogan or other characters who would round-off the line-up of figures for a theme. Spider-man Homecoming is missing quite a considerable amount of figure representations also, so i doubt they would release an alternative suit over a new character.

On point. Every other toy line has released their own, I don't know why lego are skipping those cash-cow figs, Yea Ego can also be in Polybag, but as the other says it'll be doom for us if they release it at SDCC, when is it?

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

On point. Every other toy line has released their own, I don't know why lego are skipping those cash-cow figs, Yea Ego can also be in Polybag, but as the other says it'll be doom for us if they release it at SDCC, when is it?

Marvel are believed to be attending D23 instead of SDCC - as such i'm unsure if we'd get a Lego figure release with SDCC.

D23 July 14th-16th
SDCC July 19th-23rd

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Marvel are believed to be attending D23 instead of SDCC - as such i'm unsure if we'd get a Lego figure release with SDCC.

D23 July 14th-16th
SDCC July 19th-23rd

It doesn't matter, they always release SDCC exclusive minifigures for both Marvel and DC. So they will release one and Ego would be a good choice since in 2014 they released Collector as SDCC exclusive.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

It doesn't matter, they always release SDCC exclusive minifigures for both Marvel and DC. So they will release one and Ego would be a good choice since in 2014 they released Collector as SDCC exclusive.

Oh, was unaware they would release Marvel figures if Marvel were not in attendance - thanks for letting me know. Yeah, personally hoping for Ego also.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Go for Ego, as long as they will release highly detailed Spidey suit like Silver Centurion in Poly.

I would hate it if Ego is an SDCC exclusive. Honestly, Lego should stop doing amazing new characters for those. I really want a Collector minifigure but I don't want to pay $250 for him. If he was in a set, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

While SDCC figs are a horrible concept, Ego wouldn't be the biggest loss. He's rather boring looking in the movie. However, it seems a bit early to be speculating. 

18 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

How is this guy going to be a minifigure??

latest?cb=20110709235931

Image of Ego the Living Planet

lol at this, at first I'm asking the same question myself. I saw the Marvel Legends Ego Human form, and that make sense. But yeah I would probably go for Ego as SDCC so we can have Home made spidey in normal poly. :laugh:

Hahaha that was what i was thinking too! How is a planet going to be a minifig

By the way they made a minifig of movie galactus too (in the nexo knights set). A stupid cloud lol

Maybe they can make an Ego with the star wars planet moulds?

If you're wondering what will be the Human form look like: 

If they will make that minifig, There's nothing much to effort probably just a new hair piece.

Spoiler

Edited by SpiderJazz
Image removed

:hmpf_bad:

I can already see that there's going to be trouble keeping spoilers for the latest Marvel film out of this thread...and I swear to the almighty Lego gods I will not have another Marvel film ruined because of loose lips in the Licensed threads!

This is not a film discussion thread. This is a Lego set discussion thread. Do I see Ego in any of the sets? No; that means we are not getting him. So don't bring him up and then don't also start droppin spoilers about him. Talk about the sets. 

This thread is for set discussion. If you want to talk about the movie, take it over to Community & Multimedia. 

Thank you.