Just now, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I have been wondering about something for quite  a while, why won't Lego give us a Batman with eyes underneath his cowl? I can't imagine that it would be difficult to do but they must have a reason for it since they haven't done so yet, is it because Batman then has 4 sets of eyes? Also slightly off topic, but does anyone know of an official or custom head that would give Batman his eyes?

It hasn't happened because the print on the head would have to be moved up, so I don't think there is one. I mean, the Holiday Batman was the only Batman to come without the white "band", but the eyes don't fit into the mask

1 minute ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I have been wondering about something for quite  a while, why won't Lego give us a Batman with eyes underneath his cowl? I can't imagine that it would be difficult to do but they must have a reason for it since they haven't done so yet, is it because Batman then has 4 sets of eyes? Also slightly off topic, but does anyone know of an official or custom head that would give Batman his eyes?

I'm not sure I understand. For his actual eyes to be visible through his cowl's eyeholes, they would have to be printed much higher on his head than any other minifigure, makng him look ridiculous underneath. The cowl is made to accommodate the white strip on his forehead that gives him his white eyes. So they'd have to mold an entirely new cowl piece to make his eyes visible through it, and they don't seem interested in having that- they like the comic-book effect of the white eyes.

11 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

I'm not sure I understand. For his actual eyes to be visible through his cowl's eyeholes, they would have to be printed much higher on his head than any other minifigure, makng him look ridiculous underneath. The cowl is made to accommodate the white strip on his forehead that gives him his white eyes. So they'd have to mold an entirely new cowl piece to make his eyes visible through it, and they don't seem interested in having that- they like the comic-book effect of the white eyes.

Yea I was indeed talking about having the eyes printed much higher in order to make him appear to have eyes. I realize that this would indeed look ridiculous without the mask but is that really a good reason for not doing it? I mean its hardly like you can use the white band head for a normal version of Bruce Wayne so personally I don't see a problem with this.

21 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Yea I was indeed talking about having the eyes printed much higher in order to make him appear to have eyes. I realize that this would indeed look ridiculous without the mask but is that really a good reason for not doing it? I mean its hardly like you can use the white band head for a normal version of Bruce Wayne so personally I don't see a problem with this.

But then you could just use any generic head or hair for Bruce Wayne. Unless you're referring to the BvS/JL Bruce with stubble, in that case there isn't really a great head to match

I just use a head with some scruff, and throw a plain white label sticker on top of the head before putting the cowl on. Would prefer to have real eyes, but at least gives him the stubble and gets rid of his bad tan.

http://imgur.com/a/wnspj

Anyway, when do you all think we'll get an official reveal of the JL sets? We're only about a month away, and they're showing up in catalogs.

Flash figure arrived in the mail today.  Looks great in person.  Can't wait to have the whole League assembled, for now though I'll just have to settle for the four of them.

Those sets are...interesting. I do kind of like the thing that barfs out The Batmobile, but that other thing...damn. Maybe it'll be better in physical brick form. 

Not sad about this one, don't really care for either character and we'll more than likely get them in their comicbook form in the future. Wondering if they'll also show of some of the 2018 sets soon...

This is beyond annoying! First Superman last year and now an amazing Supergirl? I hope they release a BrickHeadz variant of her or him for the next wave. 

6 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

These look good. Hopefully this means we could get sets from the CW shows soon. Of course there's been exclusive figures from the shows for the past few years and those haven't led to anything.... *sigh*

I really want CW sets. I love the designs of the characters on those shows and I'm sad I can't get the cool figures like Arsenal and Atom because they're SDCC exclusives. 

lego-2017-sdcc-exclusive-supergirl-marti
lego-2017-sdcc-exclusive-supergirl-brick
lego-2017-sdcc-exclusive-martian-manhunt

These look pretty good.  I second GonldenNinja3000's sentiment regarding CW sets.

Edited by bobasdad

59 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

This is beyond annoying! First Superman last year and now an amazing Supergirl? I hope they release a BrickHeadz variant of her or him for the next wave. 

I really want CW sets. I love the designs of the characters on those shows and I'm sad I can't get the cool figures like Arsenal and Atom because they're SDCC exclusives. 

I'm just waiting for a CW Flash to be revealed next :grin: If that happens I'll be so annoyed as he is my favourite CW character

Just now, J3D1-T said:

I'm just waiting for a CW Flash to be revealed next :grin: If that happens I'll be so annoyed as he is my favourite CW character

The Christo custom of that figure is up around the $1000 mark on the secondary market. Probably more than that now to some buyers (Yes, I know that's utterly ridiculous for a minifigure). An SDCC Exclusive would seem cheap in comparison.

Just now, Robianco said:

The Christo custom of that figure is up around the $1000 mark on the secondary market. Probably more than that now to some buyers (Yes, I know that's utterly ridiculous for a minifigure). An SDCC Exclusive would seem cheap in comparison.

I'm more of an official LEGO only kind of guy tbh

15 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

I'm more of an official LEGO only kind of guy tbh

After selling every custom I own I'm also in that mindset. It's a very nice place to be after experiencing the ever growing custom world.

Just now, Robianco said:

After selling every custom I own I'm also in that mindset. It's a very nice place to be after experiencing the ever growing custom world.

Yeah, I have some customs but I rarely use them.

There's new pics of Justice League Batmans face: he definitely looks more accurate to Ben Affleck than BvS Batman face. Definitely will bricklink this new head.

Wow, I really like the harness details. Given the function of the set (Batmobile dropping out of the sky), it's pretty cool to see the safetys depicted here. I like the look of this variant very much.

^I agree, those silver eyes look great!

I wonder if the other Batman has these silver eyes, and the silver is supposed to be exclusive to the tactical (in place of Nite Owls goggles)

Is it just me or does it look like Lego has finally fixed the tan problem? I suppose it could also be the lighting as it does appear to have been shot under a lamp/with flash but I still think that the flesh tone is lighter.