Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Review: 3831 Spongebob - Sandy's Rocket

Great reveiw! See, if he look less time it wouldnt of been that good lol.

anyway, probly miss this set not being a big SB fan, ill probly get the bus one tho! *y*

Thanks for the review Hinckley! *wub* It looks pretty good with a lot of great parts, and the platform is better than I expected. Sandy is really good too. I'm not asking for a photo, but does the helmet fit over a walrus head? X-D Eitherway, that part will be appearing in MOC-a-plenty soon! :-P Now I'm just dreading the price... :-/

lol or maybe very very lucky! or mayby even skilled, who knows, it might take some skill to buy these sets before release date! 8-

Wow Hink, You've done it again! I don't really like Sandy's helmet but I love her head *wub*

It looks like a nice set, this just might be my first Spongebob set!

*y* *y*

Another fantastic review Hinckley! I really like the new Sandy head piece, I knew it would only be a matter of time until we would see one made by TLC. I do not like the amount of stickers on the rocket though...

Well she had one but it got cut off in one episode. It was eaten by the Giant Alaskan Bullworm :-D THERE is a set I wanna see :-D

Well she had one but it got cut off in one episode. It was eaten by the Giant Alaskan Bullworm :-D THERE is a set I wanna see :-D

spongebob: IT'S PINK, IT'S FILTY AND IT'S HAIRY!

Sandy: So is Patrick's bellybutton...

Great episode *wub*

woohoo 200th post *sweet*

TT

I'm all for humor, but can we be a little more constructive? What is it you don't like here? The release date, the packagin, the set? Perhaps you were too busy crying to be more thorough. I hope you are okay... :-P

By the way, patient laddies, I'm starting the review now... X-D

sorry, im incredibly disoponted by this theme(except that helmet, which i might get seperatly)

jifel

Nice set!

I like Sandy minifigs, the head is a bit special to me. Looks like we get a new pieces, Sandy's helmet (at first i thought it was stuck on Sandy head & is non-removable), but it don't seems to be like LEGO brick more like gunpla (model kit) pieces.

Anyway is a nice set afterall, you get new printed Spongebob & Patrick

I for one really like the stickers. As soon as I saw the sticker sheet I was not disappointed! They look really cool, and give it that great cartoony feel. :-D :-D The set itself is great, I love the scenery and the boarding platform thingy. Thanks for the review Hinckley, very much! You seem to be getting all the '08 sets except for Castle! Now, when will you be getting those Impulse sets? X-D :-P

~Peace

You seem to be getting all the '08 sets except for Castle! Now, when will you be getting those Impulse sets? X-D :-P

~Peace

When they drop to a reasonable price.

And as far as all of the '08 sets, the Rogue Shadow and AT-PT are eluding me. I have to get the right person on the phone to hold those for me... :-| Wish me luck...

I saw this last week at the Lego store but didn't want to get it. Oh what a fool I was *sing*

This is going to be the first SB set I get. And why? Awesome parts, and look at this:

parts_09.jpg

I'm in love *wub*

Thank you Hinckley for the review! :-) (can't wait for a cartoon)

Oh, about the prices of Impulse sets, if they are 3,50 dollar in The USA, they are mostley 3,50 euro in the E.u. That's 1,47x3,50= +/- 5,20 dollar, so you're still lucky xxxs :-P ;-)

Thanks for the review *wub* Definately confirmed me wanting this set, I shall get, such a great parts pack :-D

And um, what are those black shoulderpads in the one picture showing off the sandy's helmet on another fig? Are they from that one hockey set? Or.. :-$

Thanks for the review *wub* Definately confirmed me wanting this set, I shall get, such a great parts pack :-D

And um, what are those black shoulderpads in the one picture showing off the sandy's helmet on another fig? Are they from that one hockey set? Or.. :-$

You're welcome! Those black shoulderpads are pauldrons from brickforge.com-I highly recommend his stuff...

Thank you much! *wub*

I will definately have to check it out, I love those shoulderpads

Edited by Brickmaster

Thank you much! *wub*

I will definately have to check it out, I love those shoulderpads

:-D :-D :-D Repeat after me: pauldrons. :-$ I order from Brickforge all the time. I highly recommend the stuff, it's very high quality. EB member Armothe and Red Bean are the geniuses behind it.

Great review, this set looks awesome. I'm a bit ticked that TLG ultimately removed those rust coloured flexable hoses and replaced them with stickers. :-X I would've appreciated a door myself but I can't think of how they would put one in without redoing the entire design, so I won't complain too much. I had never noticed an elevator before so I wondered how bobby boy was suppposed to reach up to the platform to get on the ship. It's good to see lego thought of that, but there is still the matter of the door....(oh right I was going to shut up about that) I have to ask though, what is that piece used for the nose, I've never seen it before.

That helmet is fantstic (I know many others have fawned over it before me, but still ;-) ) My only complaint, that precious transparent plastic sphere won't close around a Greedo head mold! >:-( :-D