Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Were those "leaks" just a bad quality minifigure thing you see on the bottom of a box... It looks so fake... Why would the figures even be shadowed... Kai and Nya's straps are inversed...

This "leak" can also be found in Tommy Andreasen's Twitter. Someone said they found season 7 and he said it looks cool but he doesn't know if it's real. You may need to dig for it though. Let me just tell you, it probably won't be worth it.

You can also check Instagram for a drawing of Disastrous Dusk.

What? How is he front wheel upwards? Unless it uses tank treads, if a front wheel is facing upwards it isn't going anywhere.

I'll be sure to get Shadow of the Destiny's Bounty. It comes with Cole, who's outfit is the best to me, and Llloyd, another great outfit. I might have to also get Vermillion trap as well, since it's cheap and comes with Kai and another Vermillion.

Because they're not finished? They're real, they're in there.

As for Tommy's account, am I the only one who thinks it's not real? I took a look once and he seemed to be answering questions that I don't think real employees would even acknowledge. Maybe I'll have a chat with him.

I've seen the drawing of 70626 - seems like a Snake mech because it does not look organic and it is holding swords.

Whatever is the new collectible items are... I hope it is pivotal to the story unlike the last few collectible items which do not contribute much to the story or plot.

As for Tommy's account, am I the only one who thinks it's not real? I took a look once and he seemed to be answering questions that I don't think real employees would even acknowledge. Maybe I'll have a chat with him.

Tommy posts things that are never seen before. He posted a picture of him holding a Ninjago book that releases next month, and he posts hints that seem accurate. He also hinted at a new song called I Will Have Revenge, which is for the next season.

He also releases concept art and things. If you look around his Twitter longer, you can see he's really the real deal. He's also friends with The Hagemen and Vincent Tong.

Whatever is the new collectible items are... I hope it is pivotal to the story unlike the last few collectible items which do not contribute much to the story or plot.

Sword of Souls was useful last time.

Edited by gamejutzu

Tommy posts things that are never seen before. He posted a picture of him holding a Ninjago book that releases next month, and he posts hints that seem accurate. He also hinted at a new song called I Will Have Revenge, which is for the next season.

He also releases concept art and things. If you look around his Twitter longer, you can see he's really the real deal. He's also friends with The Hagemen and Vincent Tong.

Taking a second look you're right. Cool thing.. just seems a bit odd.

By the way, drawings aren't allowed here, but they will be sprinkled around the web. :laugh:

Odd that? Even the Hagemen sometimes talk about the show. But it's just that Tommy answers near every tweet, even ones with questionable and controversial topics. I find that really respectable.

By the way, drawings aren't allowed here, but they will be sprinkled around the web. :laugh:

I know they aren't, which is why I didn't post it here. Besides, people always drop hints about where stuff is, so did I. I didn't say who actually did it ( :wink: )

Also, you know those original ninja poses, that were also used for ToE? There are apparently some for Rebooted and they look cool. Where can I find them?

Edited by gamejutzu

Someone on the brickpicker forum has the same username as you... just sayin' in case you didn't know. :wink:

Edited by Dazz

August 2017 I think

Set number should be 71019

Maybe CM4Sci could confirm this? :)

Worst nightmare eveh for my wallet. I'm the biggest Batman fan (since 89) so there's that line and my son is the biggest Ninjago fan....

Found it:

9781405278027_ninjago_readysteadystick_ameet_c.jpg?l.r2=-1314179254

The one on the left. It looks really cool, does anyone know where to find a full-size one (The Rebooted ninja)?

Edited by gamejutzu

Regarding the helmet / headgears of the villains... Are those horns, snake, pointy edge of the helmet with a different colour or something else?

70622 looks like a great cheap set. Jay's bike is a perfect size, not an exaggerating size like Kai's bike back in 2012. The villains head pieces look great too. I especially like the mini villain vehicle, the tread in the middle makes for an interesting build. Of course there are two snakes.

I've seen the drawing of 70626 - seems like a Snake mech because it does not look organic and it is holding swords.

It definitely looks more like a mech and not a creature. It also looks to be quite large (in scale to the minifigs, swords it is holding and the building). I do like the set since you get a nice selection of minifigs (Lloyd, Jay, Wu, 3 baddies) and 3 builds (Lloyd's small vehicle, the building and the snake mech).

70622 looks like a great cheap set. Jay's bike is a perfect size, not an exaggerating size like Kai's bike back in 2012. The villains head pieces look great too. I especially like the mini villain vehicle, the tread in the middle makes for an interesting build. Of course there are two snakes.

Is it just me or does this seem like a re-hash of last years $20 set which featured....2 bikes... :sceptic: . Also, both builds look pretty small. Since these sets usually have around a 200 piece count, I'm kind of left asking "Where is the rest of the set?". Looks like maybe 160-170 pieces for everything there...the small track bike looks interesting and you do get 3 minifigs, but likely a pass.

The drawings of the next several sets look great. Not sure about the Vermillion Invader, but the rest look good.

Edited by legozebra

70621 - probably a good army builder if it is just $10... comes with 2 villains and Kai.

70623 - I'm not liking this vehicle - but it supposed to counter 70625 because it appears to be of the same size and it got two catapults at the back.

70624 - not fond of this kind of ship... but does looks like what Destiny Bounty is without the sail, bulkhead and cabin.... so mainly the main deck with the additional wing??

70625 - looks like Zane's Tumbler and Rock Raider combined but with the two 6-studs shooters at the back. The new Medusa-like villain intrigues me...

Edited by makoy

The giant snake set looks very interesting

That villain with Medusa's hair looks really really odd

These don't look that great, looks like the stone warriors wave.

The first half of 2016, Skybound sets, are not that great either.... which is fine because the second half of 2016 have very strong selection of vehicles and playsets.

The first wave tends to focus more on vehicles and small / cheaper sets.

Still haven't seen 70627

No one except the higher ups really have, there aren't even any drawings currently. At least we got a somewhat detailed description.

Not gonna lie, I was really expecting more buildings this time around. But the vehicles look fine for now. Nothing out of the ordinary besides the Shadow Bounty (the one with Cole and Lloyd) and Vermillion Trap (it comes with two Vermillion and Kai, why not :P).

The boat one not only has a good build, but some great figures, and both ninja are "full". I'll also get Vermillion Trap on the side just because. Everything else looks... Okay.

Also, Nya's vehicle looks like the one Garmadon and Lloyd rode a long while back. It was originally her's after all.

Edited by gamejutzu

Based on the drawing.. the Medusa looking creature from 76025 looks like it has some potential. Interested in seeing if those are new helmets coming out too.

Not as good of a wave as I was hoping for. Disastrous Dusk is the only set I might buy, though I stil have not seen the Dragon set, that might still be great.

After taking closer looks, the vehicles are rather meh. There's no standouts, like the Raid Zeppelin in last year's drawings, but hopefully the yet-to-be-drawn dragon will cool...

The new wave is not something news.They just remake old sets.All of the those new sets can't beat the first three years of Ninjago.

Edited by LegoRomania

The new wave is not something news.They just remake old sets.All of the those new sets can't beat the first three years of Ninjago.

Not too sure if I agree with this. I'm struggling to think of any old sets that even resemble any of the Hands of Time sketches that were put out. Even the motorcycles, the closest set to even remotely resemble a previous set, has a new design for the Vermillion cycle with a unique treaded front. As for "remaking old sets," the Final Flight of the Destiny's Bounty and the Ultra Stealth Raider from last year and this year's offerings have been very, very stellar improvements and are highly regarded as better than the originals. Thus, I don't see anything wrong with remaking old sets, especially if the design is improved...