Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Isn't that because of the fact that the US get the sets in August instead of June?

This is the exact reason why they aren't in the catalog.

Also, this is not the first time a theme has been entirely omitted from product catalogs only for them to show up again with the next issue, and if you take a look at the catalog, there are next to no descriptions for half the product, and for the series with smaller product launches (Friends and Elves, I'm lookin' at you) a good portion of the product releasing in June is omitted.

There are more themes missing: DC, Minecraft and Duplo (probably more but these caught my eye). So I wouldn't be afraid that the Summer wave isn't coming, but if you are a fan of the theme than you won't be happy when it's most likely discontinued after that wave. 

7 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

... but if you are a fan of the theme than you won't be happy when it's most likely discontinued after that wave. 

Please, we don't need the underage lurkers reading this and causing chaos on the rest of the internet. Let us wait until the leakers rear their heads.

We've been getting many 2018 set rumors for products all the way into the summer wave for awhile now, starting with the S18 rumors. We even now know thanks to @Delta Customs that we are getting JW2 sets for next year. But really, I would just like to know if there is an new original action or big bang replacement theme coming for next year if we are to believe the rumors of Nexo Knights early end. Does anyone know of one, or is that a particularly top secret detail that would be too early to disclose currently? :shrug_oh_well:

31 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

We've been getting many 2018 set rumors for products all the way into the summer wave for awhile now, starting with the S18 rumors. We even now know thanks to @Delta Customs that we are getting JW2 sets for next year. But really, I would just like to know if there is an new original action or big bang replacement theme coming for next year if we are to believe the rumors of Nexo Knights early end. Does anyone know of one, or is that a particularly top secret detail that would be too early to disclose currently? :shrug_oh_well:

It's entirely possible that we'll get more NK sets next year. So far it looks like Delta has only been leaking Superheroes related stuff.

As for a new Big Bang theme, I think it's unlikely. Lego will probably take a year off after NK ends before trying something new. I find a regular Castle theme for 2018 to be more probable.

8 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

It's entirely possible that we'll get more NK sets next year. So far it looks like Delta has only been leaking Superheroes related stuff.

As for a new Big Bang theme, I think it's unlikely. Lego will probably take a year off after NK ends before trying something new. I find a regular Castle theme for 2018 to be more probable.

Yes, that's likely. But other than big bang themes, I'd be interested to know if we are getting any new original theme/themes next year. Whether it be a minidoll theme, classic theme (space, castle, pirates, etc.), traditional action theme (Aquazone, Agents, Underground, Adventures, etc.), or something never before seen. I know that @Murdoch17 would love a new Adventures theme. :wink:

Chima retired in 2015, Nexo Knights launched in 2016.  That's the only frame of reference we really have.  So 2018 at the earliest, maybe as late as 2019, and there's no telling if it will be a new theme, another Big Bang, or a return of something older.  I'm personally hoping for a Castle reinvention in 2018, but would welcome Pirates or Space as well.

21 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Chima retired in 2015, Nexo Knights launched in 2016.  That's the only frame of reference we really have.  So 2018 at the earliest, maybe as late as 2019, and there's no telling if it will be a new theme, another Big Bang, or a return of something older.  I'm personally hoping for a Castle reinvention in 2018, but would welcome Pirates or Space as well.

Well, 2018 will be Castle, Space, and the Minifigure's 40th anniversaries, with 2019 being Pirates 30th anniversary, so I'm hoping for something for both occasions. :sweet:

13 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, 2018 will be Castle, Space, and the Minifigure's 40th anniversaries, with 2019 being Pirates 30th anniversary, so I'm hoping for something for both occasions. :sweet:

That would be ideal, for sure.

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I doubt they'll do a theme for Castle as last time they did a traditional Castle theme it flopped with kids. Maybe a full on traditional Castle build though. 

1 minute ago, Clx_45 said:

I doubt they'll do a theme for Castle as last time they did a traditional Castle theme it flopped with kids. Maybe a full on traditional Castle build though. 

It was supposed to be a one-year theme. I wouldn't say it was a rousing success but it wasn't a flop.

Trust me, Castle sells well and they'll go back to it at the first opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

I doubt they'll do a theme for Castle as last time they did a traditional Castle theme it flopped with kids.

That's more to do with that particular wave of sets than with the theme as a whole, in my opinion.

The main issue for a new Action Theme is the fact that LEGO do not use the same classification as us. So their Big Bang might not be one of our Action/Adventure themes. As for new adventurers? The new Jungle explorers are terrific and only need a little creativity to make your own storyline. But this sort of thing is really a discussion for elsewhere.

On 5/31/2017 at 1:57 AM, Penkid11 said:

Please, we don't need the underage lurkers reading this and causing chaos on the rest of the internet. Let us wait until the leakers rear their heads.

I mean sure, if you really care that much about gatekeeping speculative comments and rumors. 

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

It was supposed to be a one-year theme. I wouldn't say it was a rousing success but it wasn't a flop.

Alright "flop" may be exaggerating it, but I heavily doubt they'll go from a castle based theme to another castle based theme even if it's more traditional than Nexo Knights. 

4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

The first opportunity might still not be next year, though. Keep in mind that the past several Castle themes (including Nexo Knights) have generally debuted three years after their predecessors, even though Castle 2013 and Kingdoms each only lasted for two full years. So even if Nexo Knights ends after this year, another Castle theme (traditional or otherwise) may not be ready to replace it until 2019.

This relates to potential future sets...

Spoiler

I just saw a video showcasing the new "Book of Monstrox" and it turns out that after Clay destroyed the Book of Monsters, the Sea and Forest Monsters became peaceful in the same vein as the Lava Monsters. Thus, don't expect to see them in the future. Feels like a bit of a cop-out to me, oh well.

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

This relates to potential future sets...

Reveal hidden contents

I just saw a video showcasing the new "Book of Monstrox" and it turns out that after Clay destroyed the Book of Monsters, the Sea and Forest Monsters became peaceful in the same vein as the Lava Monsters. Thus, don't expect to see them in the future. Feels like a bit of a cop-out to me, oh well.

Whatever the fate of the theme may be, I certainly hope more Nexo style parts will continue to be introduced in future sets, since I find there are a few holes that could be filled as far as some parts introduced to the theme go.

For instance, part no. 22390 (pictured below) could use an appropriate non-sloped brick to fill the space in between.

6131732.jpg

I also would hope to see plates in a corresponding, pointed Nexo style, perhaps matching the footprints of some already existing parts.

I think 2018 will start with more sets from the Lego Batman and Ninjago movies. So even if Nexo Knights is coming to an end, and a new theme is launched, i'm guessing it will be summer 2018 at the earliest. It seems to me Lego is cannibalizing its own markets, with so much stuff at the same time; Ninjago (Movie), Batman Movie, Superheroes, Star Wars, Speed Champions, Minecraft... there's just so much 'boys stuff', i can understand Nexo Knights has a hard time getting through, all those other themes are well established already.

Edited by NotMegalodon

9 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

I think 2018 will start with more sets from the Lego Batman and Ninjago movies. So even if Nexo Knights is coming to an end, and a new theme is launched, i'm guessing it will be summer 2018 at the earliest. It seems to me Lego is cannibalizing its own markets, with so much stuff at the same time; Ninjago (Movie), Batman Movie, Superheroes, Star Wars, Speed Champions, Minecraft... there's just so much 'boys stuff', i can understand Nexo Knights has a hard time getting through, all those other themes are well established already.

I know girls who like Nexo Knights. I know girls who like Ninjago. I know girls who like Star Wars. I know girls who like Minecraft. I know girls who like fancy cars, and model kits. I know girls who like technical gadgetry. I know girls who like their Super Heroes.

So please tell me which theme is this "boys stuff" that you speak of? And yes, I'm aware that none of the above themes are directly marketed towards girls (if you'll pardon my bluntness).

I think we'll see Nexo Knights in Spring of 2018 due to the aforementioned movies being a focus (with TLNM getting a third, and most likely final wave the following June). Or maybe it'll take the January and May launch windows like Chima before it? Who knows?

Maybe they should include a Nexo Knights cameo in the new Ninjago Movie, that might get the theme more attention (if they're still going for a year 3).

3 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Maybe they should include a Nexo Knights cameo in the new Ninjago Movie, that might get the theme more attention (if they're still going for a year 3).

I doubt a mere cameo would make any substantial difference in a theme's sales or popularity. Which isn't to say that there can't be one; just that I doubt Lego's marketers have any interest in shoehorning in cameos for any sort of hypothetical sales boost.

Been having fun with my Nexo Knights, some knock-off Dinosaurs and Legend Beasts, some real Lego Legend Beasts and a random Mixel.   I thought it'd be fun for each knight to have an animal steed instead of vehicles.