Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Medicine Man's Totem Pole: WW/Indian MOC

Hello again! Here is my third and latest WW MOC. It is an indian themed one, too! It is a Totem Pole, some landscaping, and a Medicine Man. Totem Poles are sort of difficult because you really need to put as much detail as possible, but anything over 2 x 2 for a base would look unrealistic. This was the best I could do. Personally, I really like the bird on top. The beak came out pretty good. Who knew a banana would make a good beak!? ;-) Again, some landscape i.e, more cacti and some roots. The medicine man figure really isn't anything special, but I like his staff.

tp1.jpg

tp2.jpg

tp3.jpg

tp4.jpg

tp5.jpg

tp6.jpg

As always, feedback is appreciated, and here's the MOC page: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/37051

Thanks!

I just saw an episode of Star Trek Voyager where Commander Chakotay performed the Indian Pakra ritual (The ritual to remember the death of his father). And now I discover this indian MOC of yours.... what a coincidence :-D

Excellent work as always Sir Nadroy. I somehow expect that when I see another MOC-thread from you. I like that magic stick with the bird.

Creative use of a banana ;-)

I think this is great *y* My favorite aspect to it is how you rendered the eagle at the top. How did you attach the face component directly underneath the eagle?

Edited by ZeekyBoogeyDoog

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! :-$

Excellent work as always Sir Nadroy. I somehow expect that when I see another MOC-thread from you. I like that magic stick with the bird.

Thanks! But who's Sir Nadroy? :-D ........ ;-)

I think this is great *y* My favorite aspect to it is how you rendered the eagle at the top. How did you attach the face component directly underneath the eagle?

Thanks. I used one of these: 30361.1085317751.jpg (red r2-d2 torso.)

This is a great little MOC Sir Nadroj!

The bird on top is definitely the crowning touch, but I also like the indian's staff.

Another successful MOC I say!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Speaking of coincidence, I have the second one for this thread. Last night, while digging through a random parts assortment I picked up on eBay, I found that I had all the parts needed to build this:

6718-1.1105127510.thumb2.jpg

That got me interested in similar structures, so I opened your thread. Look how sad the totem is in the official set compared to yours... :'-(

LEGO probably can't revisit this theme without complaints and it's a real shame.

Some great work there, I look forward to more! *y*

Edited by imperialshadows

Thank everyone! *sweet*

LEGO probably can't revisit this theme without complaints and it's a real shame.

What do you mean?