gerkenz

[MOC] ADU Mini HQ ( 7066 parts only )

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi,

as 7066 is one of my favorite LEGO space sets I wanted to create a headquater without using any other brick than the bricks from 7066. :classic:

- HQ

- Fuel tank

- Mini AWD rover

- WIP ( interior, stickers, minifigs and small parts are is still missing )

Hope you like it.

8291165889_7ef53c7f08.jpg

8291166809_d189eaf7aa.jpg

More pictures:

PC201547 von gerkenz auf Flickr

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Nice job. Very compact and some of the best LEGO architecture I've seen. The small "tower" on top is particularly nice, as is the airlock. Sure, the fuel tanks are slightly unimaginative, but how much can you actually do with eight wheels?

Nice work gerkenz. :thumbup: I love the airlock!

Very nice.

Guess there is a core group who still has some love for AC.

I'm one of them! :grin:

Interesting idea, taking the mobile HQ and turning it into a stationary outpost.....

Very nice.

Guess there is a core group who still has some love for AC.

I am also one (which is why the Blue Squad is my favorite Galaxy Squad team, since they can be almost seamlessly integrated into the Alien Conquest line), and have a couple ADU-based MOCs and MODs on the way (including one that's based on a certain jet plane from a popular PC shooter from the '90s).

That looks great. It reminds me a little bit of an official alternate build that Lego published for the Agents 8635 Mobile Command Center. (Which I always felt has a lot in common with the EDF HQ. Both are among my favorite sets).

Thanks for your great replies. Funny I thought about getting the Agents set 2 days ago for about 35€ but I wasn't sure about it. I will have a closer look. :-)

Looks very promising, but I'd love to see what kind of interior you can conjure with the remaining pieces.

AC is awesome!

Great to see some love for it still.

I'm a sucker for building from only set pieces, and I think you did a really good job building something that doesn't look like it's lacking in pieces.