WhiteFang

REVIEW: 10245 Santa's Workshop

On a scale of 1 to 5  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

great review, have my 2 sets with 2 gift set at home, building time :-)

So are you planning to merge 2 sets and make 1 big workshop?....will be wayy better than the official set itself.

The way this set has hinged parts, means it is ideal to put it in a corner or at left/right side of your layout!!

Through a very kind soul, I have just received my 40106 to extend to this Santa Workshop! :wub:

Can't wait to see how it is gonna turn out to be!

I had a rainy Sunday here today, and finally built my Santa's Workshop set. I was waiting till after Thanksgiving to put it together, and arrange it with my Winter Market set. I came too late to get any of the other sets, I wish I had known about them! I had a problem with Santa's Workshop being too small, like some others feel. I decided to make the clock into a tower, and here is the results.. I just used parts I had on hand and I like it a lot this way. The tower space has a crate with the pieces to put on the reindeer, when they are not attached to the sleigh harness. :-)

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

Nice little set. I assembled it yesterday but I noticed that the print on the torso's of the elves don't match the pictures in the instructions and on the box

Edited by dartmar

I really want to like this set but feels disappointed with the actual Workshop. I did get the two exclusive sets when order $99 or more though.

I like this set well enough, I got it mostly because I've gotten every other Winter set so far and really wanted the Santa shop to help fill it out. That being said, like a lot of others it does feel a little small, especially for a workshop. It does have some neat details but I feel it's missing that awe factor. I think it blends a little to much with the other sets and doesn't really set it self out apart from the conveyor belt and the sleigh. I'll see how it feels after I've added 40106 and 7.

talos, It looks great the way you expanded the toyshop! I am sure that lots more will do similar builds as the month progresses.

WF, This review was just lovely and so helpful. Your photos are dynamic and provide the flavor of the set, which is no longer just pieces in a box. Thanks for all the great work! (Most of the stickers we apply are crooked. We just now laugh and say, Jeez, this does look like a kid built it! Your stickers will get more crooked as your eyes get older, so get used to it or hire a teen with perfect vision to apply your stickers. With all that snow at the North Pole, everything looks a bit crooked because deep snow tends to make you dizzy.)

We built the workshop last weekend and love it! The brick built reindeer look great! Will add five more reindeer soon. And lots more packages under a much larger tree. It does not bother me that the torsos are mostly repeats. They can't print new figs for every set.

Hubby is building a wooden platform for all of the WV sets so they can be lit up on our circular stair landing using his N scale railroad lights. This is a fun project for sure!

These are getting hard to find at the moment. In the US, it is out of stock with no shipping date or even the option to order it. The Lego store was out of it on Tuesday, and they even removed the display model. If you happen to come across one and are still trying to decide, you might need to make your decision on the spot.